By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

And then they vote kicked me for "aimbot".

Around the Network

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Castlevania:_Lords_of_Shadow

+120FPS -Ohhh gotta reinstall.

QUAKECore89 said:
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Castlevania:_Lords_of_Shadow

+120FPS -Ohhh gotta reinstall.

Funnily enough, I've been thinking about giving it a go, but I always keep leaving it for tomorrow.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

And now, some Ryzen 5 info!

TechSpot has made an article simulating what kind of gaming performance could the 1600X & 1500X offer. They've done it dissabling parts of an R7 1800X and  then compared them to three Intel processors (7700K, 7600K and 7350K) using several games and 3 Nvidia cards (1080Ti, 1070 and 1060). All Ryzen chips were overclocked to 4.0GHz and all Intel parts were also oveclocked to 4.8GHz.

Here are the results: http://www.techspot.com/review/1360-amd-ryzen-5-1600x-1500x-gaming/

Obviously, that doesn't tells us their real gaming performances... but we may know that a lot sooner than the official April 11th launch date because:

Performance will be close enough to the real thing anyway. So it doesn't matter if it's simulated, Should be noted how beastly the Core i3 can be against Ryzen if your game is only dual-threaded. If all you do is play Source Games/StarCraft 2 etc'. The Core i3 is probably the better buy.

All my eyes are focused on Zen+. Ryzens successor. AMD would have taken note where it falls short and attempted to fix it in Ryzen 2.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I think I might end up by buying the Ryzen R7 1700 instead of the other two. 1700 + OC can go up to 1800X levels anyway and its like $200 cheaper... Still waiting for all dem memory bugs to be fixed tho. Specially since the top tier boards seem to be getting the timely bios updates while the rest are just waiting...

Anyone know when the next set of intel cpus are going to come out?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

We could be looking at middle of this year for LGA 2066 to drop with Skylake-X and Kabylake-X chips.

Coffee Lake might be dropping next year.

Pemalite said:
Captain_Yuri said:

We could be looking at middle of this year for LGA 2066 to drop with Skylake-X and Kabylake-X chips.

Hmm grrr, to wait or not to wait, that is the question. My CPU is pretty old now and I m dying for a upgrade.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Pemalite said:

Hmm grrr, to wait or not to wait, that is the question. My CPU is pretty old now and I m dying for a upgrade.

Ryzen is good bang for buck at the moment. Ryzens successor should work on Socket AM4. Shame that the chipsets are pretty low-end/mid-range.

If you need a high-end platform, then LGA 2011-3 is being phased out in favour of LGA 2066... So it would be worth holding out.

What's your current CPU/Motherboard/Ram?

Pemalite said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Ryzen is good bang for buck at the moment. Ryzens successor should work on Socket AM4. Shame that the chipsets are pretty low-end/mid-range.

If you need a high-end platform, then LGA 2011-3 is being phased out in favour of LGA 2066... So it would be worth holding out.

What's your current CPU/Motherboard/Ram?

Amd phenon 2 1090t oced to 4ghz

Asrock Extreme 3 R2.0

8 Gb DDR3

Captain_Yuri said:

Amd phenon 2 1090t oced to 4ghz

Asrock Extreme 3 R2.0

8 Gb DDR3

The trusty old Thuban.

You will see big gains regardless if you go Intel or AMD.

The Ryzen 1700 is probably one of the best bang for buck chips on the market... But if gaming is your only concern the i7 7700K cannot be beat.