By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:
Holy Jebus!

Is there any space between the CPU cooler and the GPU? And cabling is fine, as long as most of it it's on the back and no one sees it.

Space is for pussies. Next PC I'm gonna try and get a bigger board. My board does silly things when the GPU isn't plugged into the first slot.

The PC isn't finished yet. Next step is waiting for my new external storage to arrive so I can backup my storage server and migrate it into the new pc.

Also waiting for Samsung to finally release the 960 Pro for my ultra fast gaming storage. After that it's complete until the next GPU upgrade.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Dat cable management. Shows the difference between a noob and a pro

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

vivster said:

Well first of all the manual for the case is absolute shit. I don't even know if you can legally call it a manual.Instead of making separate pages for every language they cram them all together at every step. And it has a thousand pictures about taking the case apart but does only mention the thousand connectors with a few sentences that don't even tell you shit. Well, just look at this bollocks. https://sta3-nzxtcorporation.netdna-ssl.com/uploads/download/attachment/461/Phantom-820-manual-multi-language.pdf

Probably because the male species tends to not read manuals. lol

vivster said:

The case has way too many fan connectors. The cabling in the case was just absolute overkill. You can probably create a military grade wind canal with this thing. I doubt any kind of rig needs this much cooling.

You can get fan cable splitters to combine multiple fans to a single port.

vivster said:

My biggest issue was that my mainboard does not have enough USB2 headers. It has only one USB2 and two USB3 headers. I plugged in one of the USB2 connectors but it seems it doesn't work as I do not have connection on any of the 4 front USB2 ports. Not a real issue but kinda meh. But I'm too lazy to fiddle around with the cabling again.

You can get USB breakout headers to turn one USB header into two.

And of course internal USB PCI-E cards.

vivster said:

It is not noisy but it is also not quiet. The fact that it's at all times 30cm away from my ears doesn't make it better. It is audible with my headphones on but it's a more pleasant lower pitch noise than my old case was. However the case fans seem to be pretty quiet since I don't hear a difference between no fans and full power fans. I'm actually not sure yet which fan does make the loudest noise.

Line your case with Foam. :P

It's looking good though. Thought about watercooling?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
vivster said:

It is not noisy but it is also not quiet. The fact that it's at all times 30cm away from my ears doesn't make it better. It is audible with my headphones on but it's a more pleasant lower pitch noise than my old case was. However the case fans seem to be pretty quiet since I don't hear a difference between no fans and full power fans. I'm actually not sure yet which fan does make the loudest noise.

I'll stay clear from water for as long as I can. I really on't think it's necessary. If I want I can make my case quiet on air cooling but I'm not commited enough and the temperature gains don't seem worth it. I tend to put as little effort as possible into my rigs. I usually I build them and if I'm lucky don't touch them until I build a new one. I really don't like fiddling in cases.

The only way I will ever get watercooling is if I buy a pre modded case, which was also an option this time.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Pemalite said:

You can get USB breakout headers to turn one USB header into two.

I was looking for something like this but I can't find it. All I can find are one USB3 to one USB2 but not 1>2.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Pemalite said:

I'll stay clear from water for as long as I can. I really on't think it's necessary. If I want I can make my case quiet on air cooling but I'm not commited enough and the temperature gains don't seem worth it. I tend to put as little effort as possible into my rigs. I usually I build them and if I'm lucky don't touch them until I build a new one. I really don't like fiddling in cases.

The only way I will ever get watercooling is if I buy a pre modded case, which was also an option this time.

Water is awesome, especially when overclocking. It's also super addictive, I found unless I am changing hardware components around, there is very little maintenance.
Otherwise... You also have the Corsair Hydro coolers which have proven themselves to be reliable and effective.

I just don't like big chunks of steel/copper/aluminum hanging off the motherboard these days, especially if I am spending upwards of $800 AUD on a motherboard, plus with how awesome motherboards look these days, it's sad to hide all that under a giant cooler. haha

vivster said:

I was looking for something like this but I can't find it. All I can find are one USB3 to one USB2 but not 1>2.

USB 2.0 Splitter:
https://www.moddiy.com/products/9%252dPin-USB-Internal-Header-Y-Splitter-Cable-%252b-Molex-Powered-%285cm%29.html

USB 3.0 Splitter:
https://www.moddiy.com/products/20%252dPin-USB-3.0-Internal-Header-Y-Splitter-Cable-%2812cm%29.html

They seem to ship to Germany too.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I'm sorry I couldn't make the news today, but I've just turned on the my PC for the first time today, after being awaken at around 3:30 this morning. I'm too tired and too sleepy.

I haven't even bothered to check out today's news to see what has happened.

Tomorrow, if everything goes back to "normal", I'll decide how I make the news, either forgetting about the weekedn and putting only today and tomorrow news, putting them all and make 3 or 4 posts, or try to summarize them and put just the important or relevant ones (which is the less likely).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
I'm sorry I couldn't make the news today, but I've just turned on the my PC for the first time today, after being awaken at around 3:30 this morning. I'm too tired and too sleepy.

I haven't even bothered to check out today's news to see what has happened.

Tomorrow, if everything goes back to "normal", I'll decide how I make the news, either forgetting about the weekedn and putting only today and tomorrow news, putting them all and make 3 or 4 posts, or try to summarize them and put just the important or relevant ones (which is the less likely).

Dw dude! Considering the amount of news you post, you can certainly take days off loll.

In other news BF1 DF benches are out:

Best way to play as always is, AMD + Dx12, Nvidia + DX11

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Dw dude! Considering the amount of news you post, you can certainly take days off loll.

In other news BF1 DF benches are out:

Best way to play as always is, AMD + Dx12, Nvidia + DX11

Sounds like I'm covered with my 980 and DX 11 with BF1 .

Since I'mn not with 10, DX 12 differences on Nvidia/AMD's side won't really do anything for me. 

BF1 really seems to be quite stellar on PC though from what I'm seeing. Folks like Levelcap and Jackfrags seem to be hitting it off with the game too and reviewers like Karak from ACG seem to dig it as well. I'm hoping to see what Mac thinks of it (Worth a buy fella).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

@Captain_Yuri: That's what weekends are for

Anyway, out of the options I wrote yesterday, I've decided to take a mix of a couple of them. Here's the best news from late Friday to Monday, summarized in one long post. Note that I've left out other news that I'm sure (I haven't checked the rest of the site yet) have already a thread or more, like Red Dead whatever.

Also, if someone has created a thread about any of the following news and gets somehow upset that I don't link their thread as I usually do, let me tell you that 1-I haven't checked the site so I don't know if those thread exist or not, it's not a deliverate omission from my part; amd 2-If that thread is about a PC only game, then why the f*ck didn't you come here and post the link yourself? Don't blame me for not doing your job.

Now, the summary of the past news:

FORZA HORIZON 3’S LATEST UPDATE FIXES STUTTERING, SINGLE-THREAD ISSUES REMAIN UNSOLVED
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/forza-horizon-3s-latest-update-fixes-stuttering-single-thread-issues-remain-unsolved/
Playground Games and Turn 10 have released the second update for Forza Horizon 3, however it appears that the game still suffers from the single-thread CPU issues we reported in our PC Performance Analysis article.

FINAL FANTASY 14: STORMBLOOD IS SLATED FOR A SUMMER 2017 RELEASE
http://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantasy-14-stormblood-is-slated-for-a-summer-2017-release/
The official word from the Final Fantasy 14 Fan Fest convention is that the game's 4.0 expansion, entitled Stormblood, will be out next summer. As reported by USgamer, producer Naoki Yoshida said Stormblood will feature "a full, stand-alone game's worth of content" set in the city-state of Ala Mhigo, which is struggling to free itself from the grip of the Garlean Empire.

CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE HAS A WEAPON CRAFTING SYSTEM, HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
http://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-has-a-weapon-crafting-system/
This year's Call of Duty has a weapon crafting system, because of course it does. As the video below demonstrates, each weapon has multiple prototypes, arranged under four rarity categories (common, rare, legendary and epic). These prototypes all have their own set of perks – one example offered in the trailer is a perk which grants a tactical nuke after every 25 player killstreak.

DIABLO 4 RUMOURS ARE HEATING UP AHEAD OF BLIZZCON 2016
http://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-4-rumours-are-heating-up-ahead-of-blizzcon-2016/
BlizzCon 2016 kicks off on November 4, and there are already several rumours that a new Diablo game will be announced. While some folk believe a HD remaster of Diablo 2 is incoming, a whole new instalment is looking more (but still not very) likely, judging by some vague evidence floating about.

SHADOW WARRIOR 2 – FIRST UPDATE IS NOW AVAILABLE
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/shadow-warrior-2-first-update-is-now-available/
As promised, Flying Wild Hog released today the first update for Shadow Warrior 2. This patch will update your game’s version to 1.1.1.0, and adds a HDR Display Brightness slider, fixes cutscene FOV (when playing with non standard FOV), fixes corrupted saves bug and adds some commands via which players can fix startup crashes on specific configurations.

GOG IS TURNING ON TWO-STEP LOGINS FOR EVERYONE NEXT WEEK
http://www.pcgamer.com/gog-is-turning-on-two-step-logins-for-everyone-next-week/
Back in March, following the lead of Steam, Battle.net, and a great many other services, GOG incorporated a two-step login system to help keep its users' accounts from falling into the hands of unscrupulous jerks. Basically, anytime something "unusual" happens, like connecting from a new browser or location, GOG will send an email to confirm that you are who you claim to be—or notify you that a jerk is dicking around with your stuff, as the case may be.

OVERWATCH HERO D.VA IS BECOMING A STARCRAFT 2 ANNOUNCER
http://www.pcgamer.com/dva-starcraft/
The wheels of speculation started turning yesterday following a tease-tweet from the official StarCraft account of an image that most people in the know immediately connected with the rabbit logo of the mech-riding Overwatch hero D.Va. Sure enough, Blizzard confirmed today that the fictional former pro gamer will soon be coming to StarCraft 2 as a new announcer, and also in a portrait that will be exclusive for BlizzCon attendees.

THE CIVILIZATION 6 LAUNCH TRAILER IS AN INSPIRATIONAL TALE OF SEAN BEAN'S FAMILY
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-civilization-6-launch-trailer-is-an-inspirational-tale-of-sean-beans-family/
The Civilization 6 launch trailer is a good one. It's inspirational without being overbearing, efficiently covers the game's millennia-spanning breadth, features the new theme song, "Sogno di Volare," from Grammy-winning "Baba Yetu" composer Christopher Tin, and includes enough Sean Bean deaths to cover a solid decade's worth of Hollywood blockbusters.

SNIPER: GHOST WARRIOR 3 DELAYED AGAIN, NOW PLANNED FOR AN APRIL 2017 RELEASE
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/sniper-ghost-warrior-3-delayed-again-now-planned-for-an-april-2017-release/
CI Games has announced a new release date of April 4th. 2017 for Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3. The game was originally meant to hit stores in 2016, but then was delayed to January 2017. According to the development team, this delay will allow it to further polish and optimize the game.

HEARTHSTONE’S HEROIC TAVERN BRAWL HAS PLAYERS PAYING $10 TO COMPETE FOR PRIZES
http://www.pcgamer.com/hearthstone-update/
Since its arrival in June last year, Blizzard has used the Tavern Brawl format as a proving ground for new Hearthstone ideas, the most successful of which have gone on to become the basis for new cards or adventure mode encounters. This week’s Brawl has the potential to go one further by a leading to a new mode entirely. Dubbed the Heroic Tavern Brawl, players will have to pay $9.99 (£7.99) or 1,000 in-game gold just to enter.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.