By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:

This post is completely off-topic, but I had to share it and I don't want to create a thread for it: A Great While Shark braks a cage and gets inside, with a diver inside!

Holy sh!t!

Holy Diver!

Around the Network
JEMC said:

This post is completely off-topic, but I had to share it and I don't want to create a thread for it: A Great While Shark braks a cage and gets inside, with a diver inside!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93WiSq9TIoM

Holy sh!t!

I live on the Eyre Peninsula, South Australia.
Basically the great-white-shark capital of the world. :P And where parts of the Jaws films were filmed.

We actually use "Vibration" lures here which create vibrations in the water to attract the sharks, rather than baiting, which causes crap like that.

JEMC said:
Pemalite said:

Yes. It's based on the 3rd generation Samsung 14nm Finfet LPC process, which is an improvement over the 1st and 2nd gen LPE and LPP process's.

The jump form 1st Generation to 2nd Generation was 15%. To get a 50% boost is a pretty big increase, the 14nm process seems to be maturing exceptionally well.

When were launched the first and second 14nm generations? That's important as it can tell us what process used GF with Polaris.

And it still remains to be seen if those improvements carry over between making mobile chips and something more demanding as is a GPU.

January this year was when the 2nd generation LPP process was announced. February 2015 was when the 1st generation process was announced.

Global foundries being a partner with Samsung has been adopting them pretty quickly all things considered.

AMD has already stated that Polaris is using the 2nd Generation LPP process though and we knew about the 2nd gen LPP process as early as middle of 2015 thanks to Global Foundries looking for job calls.

Still. It doesn't tell is what the 3rd generation process is being compared against though.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
JEMC said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93WiSq9TIoM

Holy sh!t!

I live on the Eyre Peninsula, South Australia.
Basically the great-white-shark capital of the world. :P And where parts of the Jaws films were filmed.

We actually use "Vibration" lures here which create vibrations in the water to attract the sharks, rather than baiting, which causes crap like that.

That proves that you're smarter than them.

You're still crazy, though.

Pemalite said:
JEMC said:

When were launched the first and second 14nm generations? That's important as it can tell us what process used GF with Polaris.

And it still remains to be seen if those improvements carry over between making mobile chips and something more demanding as is a GPU.

January this year was when the 2nd generation LPP process was announced. February 2015 was when the 1st generation process was announced.

Global foundries being a partner with Samsung has been adopting them pretty quickly all things considered.

AMD has already stated that Polaris is using the 2nd Generation LPP process though and we knew about the 2nd gen LPP process as early as middle of 2015 thanks to Global Foundries looking for job calls.

Still. It doesn't tell is what the 3rd generation process is being compared against though.

Given that Polaris didn't launch until late June, and that supply wasn't very good, I hope AMD/GF used the second gen. But that makes it hard to believe that they've been able to improve it another 50%.

In any case, we'll see soon-ish. I just hope they show and launch it before my card finally gives up!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Player2 said:
JEMC said:

Holy sh!t!

Holy Diver!

Dio!!!

JEMC said:

That proves that you're smarter than them.

You're still crazy, though.

Naw. Just Australian.

JEMC said:

Given that Polaris didn't launch until late June, and that supply wasn't very good, I hope AMD/GF used the second gen. But that makes it hard to believe that they've been able to improve it another 50%.

In any case, we'll see soon-ish. I just hope they show and launch it before my card finally gives up!

They did use 2nd Gen for Polaris.

We will need to wait and see what kind of gains it will translate to in the real world. :)

Around the Network

Small update. I managed to open the box.

It comes with a cute little box.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

I don't see a handle... #Downgrade

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
vivster said:

I don't see a handle... #Downgrade

You couldn't handle it anyway.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

That little box is a nice touch from NZXT.

If only they had an easier name...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Always loved the Phantom cases.
But I never buy white. In my opinion it makes the dust stick out more. :P