By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Scisca said:
JEMC said:

That's less demanding than 1440p, and current cards like the 970, 980 and 390/X should do it for many, but not all, games.

The GTX 1070 could be your best (and cheaper) bet from Nvidia, and who knows if the big Polaris 10 from AMD could fill that spot too.

But I would wait until we get actual reviews because Nvidia has only compared the 1080 vs 980Ti/Titan X in VR scenarios, which might not represent its real life performance, and there's not enough info about the 1070 or Polaris to guess how they'll compare with the current cards.

I was thinking a 980Ti or the upcoming 1080 would be overkill for what my monitor can do. Something along the lines of 390 or 390X would probably fit better and due to FreeSync I'm leaning towards AMD, but if 1070 is really on par with Titan (don't believe it one bit personally), getting it would be a no-brainer. Arrrgh, the excitment about how both companies are gonna stack is starting to be too much Release 'em already!!

Do you think it will be possible to get a GPU that allows me to hit rock solid 75fps@2560x1080p at ultra settings in all games for $400 or less?

In that price point it will the the GTX 1070, and we'll see how it performs.

Here's a review of a 380X at 1440p, but it also shows the 980Ti and the Titan X, so you can guess how the 1070 would perform if it comes close to its performance: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/powercolor_pcs_radeon_r9_380x_myst_review,9.html

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Well I finally managed to get back into BF4 after a while.

I don't think I;m cut out for playing military shooters anymore, I've always enjoyed them and it makes me sad to feel that no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to have fun when all I'm doing is getting owned by people that have spent their years just playing the few shooters, I've tried "getting gud" but it's honestly not working, you can be one of those people in life who keep trying to reach for the stars and never reach them.

I dunno I'm just bummed out that no matter what military shooter I play, I never seem to have much of a good time despite liking the genre, I can get a decent amount of kills in colourful online and SP shooters, but when it comes to modern military/future, I just can't cut it, doesn't help that most BF games have crushed black colours surrounding nearly everything to a point where it becomes super difficult to pin point any sort of enemy nearby.

On the one side I'm happy that we're finally getting a WWI shooter but on the other I can feel myself buying it later on and then getting owned constantly because I don't have the reflexes of a young teenager let alone the pin-point sight.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

BasilZero said:
Yesh!

FFX/X-2 HD is on Steam (or will be in a few days)

Those specs though seem quite low.

Then again its a remaster like Type-0 HD.

Anyways - closer to getting the entire collection on Steam.

So that makes.....

Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 4 The After Years
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 10-2
Final Fantasy 11
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 13-2
Final Fantasy 13 Lightning Returns
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

WHOOOOOOA

Just need FF1 and FF2 to have a almost complete collection. FFTactics WotL would be great too.

BasilZero said:
Yesh!

FFX/X-2 HD is on Steam (or will be in a few days)

Those specs though seem quite low.

Then again its a remaster like Type-0 HD.

Anyways - closer to getting the entire collection on Steam.

So that makes.....

Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 4 The After Years
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 10-2
Final Fantasy 11
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 13-2
Final Fantasy 13 Lightning Returns
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

WHOOOOOOA

Just need FF1 and FF2 to have a almost complete collection. FFTactics WotL would be great too.

Where's 14?? There's 11 but no 14??

May 12th for FF X/X-2?

Am I the only one who finds it odd that in a couple of days we'll get a game that Square-Enix hasn't even annouced yet? It took them more than three months since the announcement of FF IX to its release, and now they'll launch a game before announcing it.

S-E, what are you up to?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Seems S-E is having fun with Steam.

..$..

xP

JEMC said:
Scisca said:
Can't wait for the new GPUs And even for the benchmarks. What do you think, which one will be the best fit for me, when I have a 2560x1080p 75Hz FreeSync monitor? Which one will allow me to get 60-75 fps in all games in ultra at this resolution? The rest of my rig is i5 6600k and 16 GB DDR4 RAM.

That's less demanding than 1440p, and current cards like the 970, 980 and 390/X should do it for many, but not all, games.

The GTX 1070 could be your best (and cheaper) bet from Nvidia, and who knows if the big Polaris 10 from AMD could fill that spot too.

But I would wait until we get actual reviews because Nvidia has only compared the 1080 vs 980Ti/Titan X in VR scenarios, which might not represent its real life performance, and there's not enough info about the 1070 or Polaris to guess how they'll compare with the current cards.

Good point: If  we have to render a single 3D frame with 2N pixels and 2P polygons, it will be more demanding than rendering two 3D frames for VR (or for stereoscopic 3D, the maths involved are the same) with N pixels and P polygons each, as being two different projections of the same scene, most polygons will be the same, so VR will save bandwidth and will also need less CPU power and less system RAM, having to manage a less complex scene, while even without possible VR optimisations, the GPU will already be able to use its computing power more efficiently and at the highest overall res VR could still avoid CPU, bandwidth and memory related bottlenecks that would start affecting the same GPU rendering a single scene with twice the complexity of each VR frame.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
JEMC said:

Good point: If  we have to render a single 3D frame with 2N pixels and 2P polygons, it will be more demanding than rendering two 3D frames for VR (or for stereoscopic 3D, the maths involved are the same) with N pixels and P polygons each, as being two different projections of the same scene, most polygons will be the same, so VR will save bandwidth and will also need less CPU power and less system RAM, having to manage a less complex scene, while even without possible VR optimisations, the GPU will already be able to use its computing power more efficiently and at the highest overall res VR could still avoid CPU, bandwidth and memory related bottlenecks that would start affecting the same GPU rendering a single scene with twice the complexity of each VR frame.

That's why waiting for proper reviews, and from more than one site (to avoid biased reviews), is always the more sensible thing.

zero129 said:

I think your being too hard on yourself about it and this is why your not having fun.

Try a different class like medic and conquest large 64 play battle game mode.

Now invision youself as the medic, its your job to keep your team alive not to worry about kills (Even if they are nice).

Lay back a bit, dont try charging in before your team remember thats not your job. just revive your team and rack up the points this way.

It will bring you into the game well you get better plus you will be having more fun this way i think till you get more better.

It's not that I;m being too hard, it;s that my eyes aren't what they used to be nor my fingers, I;m no longer the type of guy that can react as fast as someone who spends their year(s) playing the game and getting better at it.

I've tried different classes, it's not a class issue for me, it's the general flow and colours. Far too many times have I been killed in broad daylight because one guy was cleverly hidden by a few shadows despite it being as bright as day, then of course those maps that generally become darker as time passes with your only salvation being a flare/flashlight, even those give you away more than being helpful. 

I'm actually not the type that just runs and guns in a lot lol. I'm the type that takes their time and tries to assess his surroundings to find any movement about, only to get picked off half a mile away by some dude with a machinegun than say a sniper rifle. 

Most of the time I find myself playing engi because I focus on taking down aircraft and repairing tanks but that's the baseline of what I can do and I honestly want to do more than just those two jobs. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Hey zero, how you're "teach me play"(it was something like that, right?) channel going? Maybe Chazore could learn a couple of things .

Anyway, let's go with the news:

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD REMASTER OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED FOR THE PC – DETAILS, RELEASE DATE & PC REQUIREMENTS

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-officially-announced-pc-details-release-date-pc-requirements/

And it appears we were right as Square Enix has just surprised everyone. A few days ago, we claimed that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster would be coming soon on the PC. Well, the official Steam store page for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster has just gone live. Yeap, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster is officially coming to the PC, and is scheduled for a May 12th release.

>>The most demanding requirement is the HDD space, 40GB!

SPEED ELIXIR – OPEN WORLD RACING GAME – GETS NEW SCREENSHOTS

http://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/speed-elixir-open-world-racing-game-gets-new-screenshots/

Electro Phantom Games has released a new set of screenshots for its upcoming open world racing game, Speed Elixir. Speed Elixir promises to feature driving settings that will appeal on both arcade and sim fans. The game will also come with an optional drifting mode that will allow you to switch between “Simulation” and “Easy Drifting”.

NEW MICROSOFT 10 UPDATE WILL ADD SUPPORT FOR FREESYNC/G-SYNC & UNLOCKED FRAMERATES IN UWP GAMES

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/new-microsoft-10-update-will-add-support-freesyncg-sync-unlocked-framerates/

Microsoft has just announced that a new update for Windows 10 will be issued today that will add two new features; support for both Freesync and G-sync, as well as support for unlocked framerates on UWP games and applications.

>>It's a step in the obvious direction.

STELLARIS – DAY-1 SALES BREAK PARADOX INTERACTIVE’S RECORDS

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/stellaris-day-1-sales-break-paradox-interactives-records/

Paradox Interactive announced today that the launch of Stellaris was received to almost universal acclaim by the community, with an impressive 95% positive user reviews on Steam. In addition, with 68,000 simultaneous players on the day of release, Stellaris managed to de-throne the publisher’s other recent success Cities: Skylines, which previously held their record for highest amount of concurrent players at launch.

>>Congrats to Paradox, they seems to be doing quite well as of late.

NEW NEED FOR SPEED GAME COMING IN 2017

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/new-need-speed-game-coming-2017/

Ghost Games has confirmed that a new Need for Speed game will be released in 2017. While the team did not reveal much, it did claim that it will build upon the foundations that have been laid with Need for Speed in order to create its sequel.

THE WITCHER 3 – BLOOD AND WINE EXPANSION – CONFIRMED FOR A MAY 31ST RELEASE, TEASER TRAILER RELEASED

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/witcher-3-blood-wine-expansion-confirmed-may-31st-release-teaser-trailer-released/

CD Projekt RED has just confirmed that the second expansion for The Witcher 3, Blood and Wine, will be released on May 31st. In order to celebrate this announcement, CDPR released a teaser trailer that can be viewed below.

>>Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sVoDJ_DITs