By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Chrkeller said:

Maybe Square would have better sales if they embraced Steam? Crazy thought, I know. But it might work.

*I would buy Rebirth, if they let us

Would also help them not releasing a year later, charging full price and making a port where you need a 4080/90, to run it decently, or enjoy running everything on low settings.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I almost forgot that I had this bit of news for those of your with Steam Decks:

The Steam Deck's rare but troublesome 'loading throbber' issue has been fixed
https://www.pcgamer.com/hardware/handheld-gaming-pcs/the-steam-decks-rare-but-troublesome-loading-throbber-issue-has-been-fixed/
The Steam Deck is often rated for its simplicity and ease of use compared to other handhelds, but it's not immune to bugs. Valve's latest bug fix for the device has fixed a particularly pesky "loading throbber" problem.

According to the latest Steam Deck client update notes, the new client has "fixed a rare case where the UI could get stuck showing a loading throbber at startup while in Offline Mode". 

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Sony introduces PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 5 Pro “30th Anniversary Limited Edition” bundles

https://videocardz.com/newz/sony-introduces-playstation-5-and-playstation-5-pro-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-bundles

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 mark 4 years since launch

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-and-rtx-3090-mark-4-years-since-launch

Could have been one of the best generations in the GPU industry if it wasn't for the scalper nonsense

Samsung Begins Mass Producing The Industry’s Highest Performance MP9E1 Gen5 SSD

https://wccftech.com/samsung-mass-producing-pci-e-5-0-mp9e1-ssd/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yep, crypto f*cked us all real bad. At least we can laugh of those that bought 3090 for over 2 grands, only to be left in the dust later that same year by the much faster and cheaper 4090 (and I know, it feels weird calling the 4090 cheap).

"Disclaimer: personal opinion" I don't mind talking about the hardware of consoles, as nowadays it's the same hardware as PCs (except Nintendo) and it gives us an idea of where the industry is going and what hardware we'll need to play console ports on our PCs at, at least, low or mid settings for the entire console generation. But new colour editions, even if it's for an anniversary, feels a bit too much.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Rhonin the wizard said:

Nintendo, alongside The Pokémon Company, has filled a lawsuit against Pocketpair. It seeks an injunction and compensation for alleged patent rights infringements with the videogame Palworld. 

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2024/240919.html

I am not that shocked. What surprises me is that they went with patent infringement. I think they would have a stronger case for copyright violation.

If it has taken them all these months to find something, I don't think they have a strong case against Pocketpair.

But it shows us that Nintendo has been trying to find something against them for all this time because, while they can make great games and sometimes also great consoles, they're also a$$holes that will sue their own mothers if they could.

Random_Matt said:

In other news, I am testing an oled xps 16.

Currently installing 10 ltsc, the oled is great though. It is only the arc model though, but Dell have given it 85w.

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:
JEMC said:
Random_Matt said:

In other news, I am testing an oled xps 16.

Currently installing 10 ltsc, the oled is great though. It is only the arc model though, but Dell have given it 85w.

I'm sure the screen is amazing, but it's a shame you won't be able to game a lot on it.

JEMC said:
Random_Matt said:

I'm sure the screen is amazing, but it's a shame you won't be able to game a lot on it.

Sound drivers require windows 11 only, lol. Fucking dell, it is now automatically a POS and is going back. 

Edit: I own 11 enterprise, I'll try debloating it.

Oh, it was never purchased for gaming, but the arc does have a massive 85w to play with.

Last edited by Random_Matt - 3 hours ago

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

Lol.

That's a scumbag move.

But it also means two things:

1-Palworld didn't infringe the patent at lanch as it wasn't patented back then. Then can argue that now that it's patented, they'll change it.
2-More important. Just because you've filed for a patent it doesn't mean you can sue anyone, because you still haven't been granted the patent. Right now Nintendo has nothing to use against Palworld and it's just a waste of time and, and this may be the actual reason they're doing this, money in lawyers that Pocketpair.may not have.

In any case, it's a very dirty move from Nintendo.