By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Well that didn't last long.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/bandcamp-got-sold-again/ar-AA1hpv8n

Epic owned Bandcamp for like what, a year and a half?. I'm guessing Art-Station will be next on the selling block. Also hearing that most of Fall Guy's staff were practically let go as well (and for a studio that mostly dabbles in mobile games, that would mean death).

I'm starting to think Epic are full on operating in the dark red, despite whatever money Fornite is making, it's clearly not enough.

Also Dusk dev lol:

The timing couldn't be any more perfect, after he debated with Tim, then the layoffs start to happen.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Welp I have officially sold off my PS5. I am a PC/Switch gamer now! I probably won't even buy a PS6 when that launches since even if Sony were to backpaddle, I'll likely not bother with their exclusives.

Shame we can't just buy Switch games from Nintendo to download them as a NSP for emulation because I just use my Switch console to rip my carts to play in Ryujinx these days instead of using it to play the games.

I'm still miffed that all those oldies I bought on my N3DS cannot be played on my Switch, so I've basically just gone "fuck it" and rolling back to emulating them instead.

That Analogue Pocket sure is looking enticing right about now...

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
WoodenPints said:

Shame we can't just buy Switch games from Nintendo to download them as a NSP for emulation because I just use my Switch console to rip my carts to play in Ryujinx these days instead of using it to play the games.

I'm still miffed that all those oldies I bought on my N3DS cannot be played on my Switch, so I've basically just gone "fuck it" and rolling back to emulating them instead.

How much is the Analogue pocket and would it not be better to just get say a Steamdeck??.

Steamdeck was the best Pc companion i could buy to be honest and yes i play my switch games on it too .

zero129 said:
Chazore said:

How much is the Analogue pocket and would it not be better to just get say a Steamdeck??.

Steamdeck was the best Pc companion i could buy to be honest and yes i play my switch games on it too .

Analogue Pocket doesn't work via emulation... It uses FPGA... So that is already a massive advantage over the Steamdeck.

It's displays aspect ratio is more appealing to your older NES/SNES/Gameboy/Gameboy Advance/Lynx/Sega games once you load the appropriate FPGA core to enable that functionality... That way you can use integer scaling for sharper, cleaner and more accurate upscaling.

Throw in improved portability, lower price, longer battery life...

I personally went for the Anbernic RG35XX due to it's wider compatibility with retro systems.

One day we will get an ARM based handheld with dual screens that targets the DS/3DS/WiiU libraries... Surprised it hasn't happened yet, until then I'll hang onto my New 3DS XL...

I think my console gaming days are coming to an end though, just because physical media is basically dead and useless.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

zero129 said:

like $200 I think?, but what it features more or less makes it worth to me than it does the Switch and the constant Joycon issues (also paid online).

I will get a Steam Deck at some point in the future, but I just want a small device to fit in my pocket and emulate all the oldies I used to play.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

Analogue Pocket doesn't work via emulation... It uses FPGA... So that is already a massive advantage over the Steamdeck.

It's displays aspect ratio is more appealing to your older NES/SNES/Gameboy/Gameboy Advance/Lynx/Sega games once you load the appropriate FPGA core to enable that functionality... That way you can use integer scaling for sharper, cleaner and more accurate upscaling.

I personally went for the Anbernic RG35XX due to it's wider compatibility with retro systems.

One day we will get an ARM based handheld with dual screens that targets the DS/3DS/WiiU libraries... Surprised it hasn't happened yet, until then I'll hang onto my New 3DS XL...

I think my console gaming days are coming to an end though, just because physical media is basically dead and useless.

Also doesn't help that every time I look at the second hand market, it's either bootleg copies or insanely overpriced second hand games (I've even seen a few sales of Pokemon games where they just sell the manual or the empty box for £50...).

Pemalite said:
zero129 said:

I never thought of the name, must of been while i was drinking for some reason i was thinking it was some kind of cheap android emulation device.

But yes with it using FPGA i can clearly understand the advantages for it and i agree it be a great little handheld

Chazore said:
zero129 said:

like $200 I think?, but what it features more or less makes it worth to me than it does the Switch and the constant Joycon issues (also paid online).

I will get a Steam Deck at some point in the future, but I just want a small device to fit in my pocket and emulate all the oldies I used to play.

Yeah honestly i thought you where talking about another device the Analogue pocket seems like a great little device for the price.

NVIDIA GTC 2024 Scheduled For 18th March: CEO Jensen Keynote & Blackwell AI/HPC GPUs Expected

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtc-2024-18th-march-ceo-jensen-keynote-blackwell-ai-hpc-gpus-expected/

Wouldn't be surprised if they announce the "Ti/Super" refreshes around that time. But could also be only for their Ai/Datacenter stuff.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Good morning, guys. Here's something for you:

*** NEW CONTEST ***
Win 1 of 3 Fractal Design North chassis & Lumen cooler bundles
https://www.club386.com/win-1-of-3-fractal-design-north-chassis-lumen-cooler-bundles/
or https://gleam.io/h3UWv/win-1-of-3-fractal-design-case-cooler-bundles

Each of the winners will get a Fractal North chassis (colour of your choice) and a Fractal Lumen S28 v2 liquid cooler.

The contest is limited to UK and Europe Only.

Good luck!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

So not only have Epic laid off staff and sold Bandcamp, but Timmy's second in command (the guy who funnily enough made Steam Spy) is leaving as well: