By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

BasilZero said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Fall Guys is a great casual game to play, so no judgment there. 

Although I do wonder if Epic has just given up in their attempt to compete with Steam. New features have not been introduced in seemingly a long time other than some rewards program, so the storefront is still a very barebones experience other than the occasional EGS exclusive and free games, and like you said, the Epic Launcher is dogshit

When your store is worse than Ubisoft or EA's store/app, you need to reconsider what you are doing lol.

And this is supposed to be Steam's killer? lol

I wonder how Tim Sweeney anticipates for EGS to become profitable by 2027 like he mentioned in his Apple v Epic Games testimony.

Around the Network

Should have a framework 16 by October (hopefully). Fully pimped out too, although a complete waste of money if they do not fulfil their promises.

October! My Goodness. I hope it lives up to your expectations.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Network PC is ready. Now it's time to dump all my files from my main PC over to my network PC.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:

Should have a framework 16 by October (hopefully). Fully pimped out too, although a complete waste of money if they do not fulfil their promises.

Congrats! Let us know how it goes since I have been wondering about that company for a while.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Hopefully comes earlier, and yes, I also hope it turns out great. I needed a new laptop and chose to keep faith with their future upgrade proposals.

Well, so far they seem to be doing quite well, and failing to live up to their promises so early would be such a disaster that I don't think they'd be able to recover.

I think you'll be fine, if only, for at least one upgrade.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

gtotheunit91 said:

And this is supposed to be Steam's killer? lol

I wonder how Tim Sweeney anticipates for EGS to become profitable by 2027 like he mentioned in his Apple v Epic Games testimony.

Tbh, looking back on all of the years the other clients have been around, it feels like AMD vs Nvidia scenario, in that Steam has so much mindshare (very important thing to have), and they are just popular as hell (from years worth of work(, and the competition likely looks at both of these points and go "what's the point?, I'll have to waste a decade or more trying to get even half of that", and that's why I feel like none of the other clients truly try being competitive within the same field as Steam (as in not buying out exclusivity like Epic does, or trying to enforce multiple layers of DRM like Ubisoft).

Though there is one thing that not many seem to be noticing, that I was slowly picking up on, and it's that Timmy isn't aiming for you and me as his core audience, he is trying to emulate what Gabe did all those years ago, as in he is aiming for the generation that starts to grow up around Epic, not the generation that grew up with Steam.

Think about it, there are enough kids playing Fortnite that grow up truly thinking that other games "copied" Fornite's dances (like this is legit, kids actually think Carlton from Fresh Prince copied Fornite and other media as well), as well as kids who only ever know Fortnite and don't know old games like Half Life or TF2, or Left 4 Dead, Portal etc.

Because of this, these kids are going to grow to easily accept whatever Epic gives them, be it freebie games, or skins. Hell, even Epic is aiming for the the Fur fandom with it's ludicrous amount of anthro skins, and the art and love that those skins are garnering. Valve on the other hand have a few anthro skins in TF2, but most of those are community based and aren't widely used in Casual official servers, which means you're seeing far, far less of that, but those skins in Fornite?, you're going to see them everywhere publicly. 

Timmy is definitely playing some foolish games here and there, and tripping a lot of the time and not caring about others, but I do know he doesn't care much for those who are harder to please (like myself) and instead wants those who are easier to lure in (the kids), and have them grow up around his storefront, and trust me, that is absolutely going to happen (Already seeing kids and teens defending Epic hand over fist, despite the bad they do)

My biggest concern though has to be with Epic's actual monopolies (like their engine, or venues they've bought out, or the fact they can just buy any game that's popular on Steam to then deny the platform new customers by doing that) being built over time, as well as Gabe passing on the troch to someone who might just be idiotic enough to make Valve public and flush it down the drain (What nearly happened to Disney around 30ish years ago can happen to Valve, if you let someone from the outside come into your castle and take the reigns). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"