By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 has been tested in Cyberpunk 2077, OC gives 1% increase at 1080p Ultra settings

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4060-has-been-tested-in-cyberpunk-2077-oc-gives-1-increase-at-1080p-ultra-settings

So that's about 26% performance uplift in Raster with Cyberpunk over the 3060. Between Nvidia's own tests, 3dmark leaks and now this, I think it's safe to say that a 4060 will be about 18-20% uplift in performance over a 3060 12GB.

NVIDIA’s massive quad-slot cooler for GeForce RTX 40 series pictured some more

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidias-massive-quad-slot-cooler-for-geforce-rtx-40-series-pictured-some-more

So according to techspot, a 4090 is about 25% faster than 7900XTX on average at 4k. Full AD102 should be around 15% faster if I had to guess with 600 watt power limit, increased cores and L2 cache. So that should be around 35-40% faster than 7900XTX. So if BW102 is another 50-60% gen on gen uplift on top...

To both Radeon and peoples wallets

NVIDIA preparing more H100 Hopper cards with 94GB and 64GB memory options

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-preparing-more-h100-hopper-cards-with-94gb-and-64gb-memory-options

NVIDIA’s Explosive AI Growth Leads To Increased GPU Prices, Limited Supply & Massive Order Backlog

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-explosive-ai-growth-leads-to-increased-gpu-prices-limited-supply-massive-order-backlog/

Of their datacenter GPUs that is

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 26 June 2023

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

One game doesn't tell the whole story, but we'll see soon enough.

On another note, I hope none of you were hoping to play Starfield on the Deck on day one:

https://www.pcgamer.com/it-doesnt-look-good-for-starfield-on-steam-deck-but-todd-howard-isnt-writing-it-off-well-talk-about-that-down-the-road/

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Alright bois, I am planning to build a family PC that I will not likely upgrade for a long time. I wouldn't look too deep into the prices as a) They are in CAD and b) I'll be looking out for deals more so than anything. But this is a rough idea of what I am thinking. Any thoughts or suggestions?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JEMC said:

One game doesn't tell the whole story, but we'll see soon enough.

On another note, I hope none of you were hoping to play Starfield on the Deck on day one:

https://www.pcgamer.com/it-doesnt-look-good-for-starfield-on-steam-deck-but-todd-howard-isnt-writing-it-off-well-talk-about-that-down-the-road/

Yea I am not surprised. By the looks of it, the performance will already be poor on the XBox consoles so Steam deck will have one hell of a time running it until we see a ton of optimization patches.

How will the PC used for?

I ask because you've listed a mid-to-low range CPU with a b class motherboard and DDR4, which makes perfect sense, but then you pair that with a 4070 GPU that costs a fair bit more than all those combined.

Other than that, it's a solid PC in a good looking case.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Mainly for general purpose stuff like youtube, email, etc with 1440p gaming on occasion.

I will also be using it as a network storage solution to store all my videos and shows that I downloaded in the past.

I know they're AMD and don't perform as well with RT, but since gaming wouldn't be it's main purpose, woudln't a 6700XT or even a 6800 make more sense while saving you some money?

Also, do you have a NAS to go with that PC? Because if you're going to use it to store videos and shows, the 1TB drive will run out of space quite fast.

Captain_Yuri said:

Alright bois, I am planning to build a family PC that I will not likely upgrade for a long time. I wouldn't look too deep into the prices as a) They are in CAD and b) I'll be looking out for deals more so than anything. But this is a rough idea of what I am thinking. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Nice build there. One suggestion I'd say is looking into a better quality PSU. Maybe a higher end 700W+ EVGA, Corsair, Seasonic etc. But the rest of those components look legit and really good picks. Price to performance, quality and otherwise.

That and maybe spend like $15-$20 of that budget or so on a Thermalright cooler from Amazon. Those stock intel coolers are pretty terrible and noisy.

Last edited by hinch - on 26 June 2023

JEMC said:

I know they're AMD and don't perform as well with RT, but since gaming wouldn't be it's main purpose, woudln't a 6700XT or even a 6800 make more sense while saving you some money?

Also, do you have a NAS to go with that PC? Because if you're going to use it to store videos and shows, the 1TB drive will run out of space quite fast.

Well I have a few storage disks that I bought in the past ranging from 10TB to 16TB that have various video files and such that I can use. I could go with AMD and the cheapest 6700XT is like $450, 6800 is around $650, 6800XT is around $750. You do make a good point about the 6700XT since that does cost half the price of a 4070 but I am not very fond of a 6800/6800XT. They are pretty big and power hungry where as a 4070 uses less power than a 6700XT while performing around 6800XT level. Thanks for your suggestion!

hinch said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Nice build there. One suggestion I'd say is looking into a better quality PSU. Maybe a higher end 700W+ EVGA, Corsair, Seasonic etc. But the rest of those components look legit and really good picks. Price to performance, quality and otherwise.

That and maybe spend like $15-$20 of that budget or so on a Thermalright cooler from Amazon. Those stock intel coolers are pretty terrible and noisy.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Yea I have been going back and forth thinking if I should spend more on a psu or not. Newegg says the power profile should be around 550 watts with all the components so I figured Thermaltake is a known brand and the PSU does have good reviews on newegg so maybe I should cheap out a bit lol. And yea, I suppose Intel's stock cooler isn't all that great so getting a third party cheap cooler might be the way to go, especially for the quiteness.

No worries.. Yeah thats true. Not seen many reviews online of TT PSU's but if its getting good reviews on Newegg and other etailers then it should be fine. The PC is quite low power so I doubt there will be any catastrophic failure as you have an abundance in power for those components. So long as the caps last. And really PSU's last a long time. I just never cheap out there on that just in case lol.

With that said never had a bad PSU and I bought some outright terrible ones. Might be worth waiting a couple weeks for Prime day and looking out for some deals on there. Also just crazy how much PSU's have gone up in price the last year. Back when GPU's were scarce they were so cheap as noone was looking to build.

Last edited by hinch - on 26 June 2023