By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Ah yes, WoW paintings, this will surely fix the employee abuse problems at Blizzard.. Surely!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

But yeah also liked how they changed a picture of a woman to a bowl of fruits. Like damn did noone think of the lone Banana. Needs more inclusiveness tbh.

Last edited by hinch - on 16 September 2021

Alderlake SKU's detailed at Videocardz.

Interestingly not much difference at amount of cache between SKU's. Looks like they're banking on high clocks, IPC and their big little design. TDP is quite high compared to even their current offerings.

Last edited by hinch - on 16 September 2021

One thing that has me a bit worried about Alder Lake is the fact that they have been very quiet about anything related to gaming and instead, mainly focused on workstation applications. Typically Intel has been all over gaming left and right in the past but this year? Nothing other than their dGPUs.

Theoretically, the low cache, potentially wonky scheduler, high latency with DDR5 and Gear 4 could result in less than stellar results. But guess we will see soon enough!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Their 11900K was slower in some games than its 10900K because of the lower core count, so it wouldn't be the first time that their new CPUs get mixed results in gaming.

Even then, I'd be surprised if they don't beat Rocket Lake. Gaming performance is extremely important for the enthusiast crowd, the ones that are more likely to buy their new processors, along with the new mobo and DDR5 RAM.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

It will be faster than Rocket Lake for sure but Zen 3 is also faster than Rocket Lake. If Intel only manages to catch up with Zen 3 in gaming or just slightly ahead in gaming, then they gonna get rick rolled when Zen 3 Vcache comes in. Not to mention that Zen 3 is getting discounted already.

But Zen 3 doesn't have DDR5 nor PCIe 5.0...

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Ironically it would end up as though AMD and Intel would have switched places.

Before Zen 3:
Zen 2 = PCI-E 4.0 + Excellent Workstation + Decent Gaming Performance vs 10th gen = PCI-E 3.0 + Decent Workstation + Excellent Gaming Performance

What could be happening soon:
Zen 3 Vcache = PCI-E 4.0 + Excellent Workstation + Excellent Gaming performance vs Alder Lake S = PCI-E 5 + DDR5 + Excellent Workstation + Decent Gaming Performance

But we will see. The recommendation game is gonna get interesting. If Alder Lake performance is subpar compared to Zen 3, even with DDR5 + PCI-E 5, I won't be able to recommend it. Especially as we know the mobos and RAM are gonna be expensive and hard to find. But if it's on par with Zen 3 then it will be easier to recommend. Then when Zen 3 Vcache comes out and if Zen 3 Vcache is much faster than Alder Lake S, even with the lack of DDR5/PCI-E 5, I will probably recommend it assuming the price is right.

But we have to see those hard numbers before coming to a conclusion.

Yeah, too many unknowns to make any recomandations right now.

The usual wait and see will probably be the best decision.