By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:
hinch said:

Yeah. Hopefully prices will come down to reasonable levels as well.

Also, ngl.. I'd be very interested in a handheld Steam console. If its like the AYA NEO or GPD Win 3, but can be bought locally and improved upon (UI etc via custom Big Picture mode ) that would be awesome.

Yea, hopefully they don't just pull another "Steam Machines" and call it a day. With some of the new CPU/GPUs that are coming out, handheld gaming PCs can be very viable if they don't goof it.

Tbh I'm hoping it's a portable, since that would allow me to play my existing library on the go, and I could see myself going for that in a heartbeat over paying for Switch 2 and having to rebuy all my games all over again, as well as not wanting to pay £55 a pop for 1st party. The boon of a Steam portable would be massive for me.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

A mockup of AMD Zen4 “Raphael” AM5 LGA1718 package has been leaked

Not sure what I should think of Raphael

1. No DDR4 fallback means high memory prices guaranteed
  2. 4 more PCIe lanes is great, but sadly still 4.0. Still not too shabby and those 4 extra lanes certainly come in handy.
  3. The increased TDP doesn't bode well to me. Like, at all. Looks to me like AMD wants to out-Intel Intel in holding the clock speed crown, performance/watt and efficiency be damned.
  4. Why change to LGA?

The TDP increase could also be because AMD wants to increase the number of cores again. We've had rumors regarding Zen4 based EPYC processors saying that those new processos would feature extra chiplets for extra cores, and it wouldn't be surprising if AMD wants to bring that increase to desktop as well.

I woudln't complain if the Ryzen 3 parts went from 4 to 6 or even 8 cores, leaving the 2 and 4 core processors to Athom or whatever AMD calls their Pentium equivalent nowadays.

Plus, the higher TDP would only be really noticeable for the high-end processors, the 7900/7950 ones.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea, hopefully they don't just pull another "Steam Machines" and call it a day. With some of the new CPU/GPUs that are coming out, handheld gaming PCs can be very viable if they don't goof it.

Tbh I'm hoping it's a portable, since that would allow me to play my existing library on the go, and I could see myself going for that in a heartbeat over paying for Switch 2 and having to rebuy all my games all over again, as well as not wanting to pay £55 a pop for 1st party. The boon of a Steam portable would be massive for me.

Plus you could probably emulate most Nintendo consoles on there, including the Switch

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea but it will probably cost $700+ which will be the only urgh thing. It's kind of why I hope Nvidia's Arm venture does something for Windows PCs similar to how Apple's M1 is doing wonders for MacOS. Nvidia Arm CPU + GPU would be a killer setup for handhelds if it turns out to be good but that's a few years away still.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Not sure what I should think of Raphael

1. No DDR4 fallback means high memory prices guaranteed
  2. 4 more PCIe lanes is great, but sadly still 4.0. Still not too shabby and those 4 extra lanes certainly come in handy.
  3. The increased TDP doesn't bode well to me. Like, at all. Looks to me like AMD wants to out-Intel Intel in holding the clock speed crown, performance/watt and efficiency be damned.
  4. Why change to LGA?

Yea, we will see how it turns out. In some ways, Intel and AMD has switched spots where Intel is now offering more features in their platform and backwards compatibility support for those that want to go the less expensive DDR4 route while AMD seems to be going the performance crown route while offering only pci-e 4. It kinda reminds me of Zen 2 vs 10th gen.

While it will be fine for Zen 4 overall as long as they have performance leadershiphttps://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1397220919865659410?s=20, hopefully they don't go full Intel.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Hmm, would be quite a powerful handheld if true.

List of rumours on Van Gogh (from Hexus)

https://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/147700-details-amds-low-power-low-cost-van-gogh-apu-emerge/

Not bad. Quad core Zen 2 is a bit meh since the Aya Neo has a 6 core zen 2 but games are GPU limited regardless so RDNA 2 based GPU should be interesting. The comparison between the Switch Pro will certainly be interesting.

A quad core would be disappointing. Though the GPU will be the main factor I feel, as will be RAM (rumoured GDDR5).

Yeah, just hope its true! If Valve releases it, markets it well they could have something special on their hands. Idd, specs should be in Nintendo's favour but we shall see. Also curious if it has FSR.

New loot

The news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

GOG has a new sale:

Steam has a new set of Midweek Madness deals:

And Fanatical has a new Star Deal: Redeemer: Enhanced Edition is 93% off during the next 48 hours: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/redeemer-enhanced-edition
(The new BundleFest starts tomorrow, the 27th).

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

Unreal Engine 5 Early Access now available for download
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/unreal-engine-5-early-access-now-available-for-download/
Epic Games has just announced that an Early Access version of Unreal Engine 5 is now available for download. This Early Access version is available via the Epic Games launcher.
(...)
Epic Games plans to release the full version of Unreal Engine 5 in early 2022. Below you can also find a video that highlights some of the engine’s new game development features and workflows.

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

Resident Evil Village Rose Winters Mod gives us a taste of Resident Evil 9
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/resident-evil-village-rose-winters-mod-gives-us-a-taste-of-resident-evil-9/
Modder ‘Raq’ has released a mod for Resident Evil Village that can give us a taste of what Resident Evil 9 could play like. As the title suggests, this mod replaces Ethan Winters with Rose Winters. Now if you haven’t played the game yet, I strongly suggest avoiding the next paragraph.
(...)
Since we can now control Rose, we can get a taste of what the next Resident Evil may play like. What’s also cool here is that you can use this mod with FluffyQuack’s Third-Person Mod. As such, you can get an idea of what a third-person RE game with Rose as the main protagonist can look like.
>> Available from Nexus Mods.

GAMING NEWS

New Shadow Warrior 3 gameplay trailer shows some enemies
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/new-shadow-warrior-3-gameplay-trailer-shows-some-enemies/
Devolver and Flying Wild Hog have released a new gameplay trailer for Shadow Warrior 3. The new Enemy Showcase video highlights a few of the newcomers that Lo Wang will square off with and provides a look at their unique attack methods on the ground, above the ground and even below the ground.

First gameplay trailer released for WRC 10
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/first-gameplay-trailer-released-for-wrc-10/
A few days ago, Nacon released the first gameplay trailer for WRC 10, showcasing the Croatia Rally. The Croatia Rally takes place entirely on asphalt on very varied surfaces that are often rutted and damaged from the region’s bad weather. These roads in the heart of the Croatian countryside are often extremely narrow and require immaculate handling to maintain speed.

Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle is coming to PC in 2022, first screenshots & details
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/daymare-1994-sandcastle-is-coming-to-pc-in-2022-first-screenshots-details/
Leonardo Interactive and developer Invader Studios have announced that Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle, the prequel to the survival horror game Daymare:1998, will be coming to PC in 2022. In order to celebrate this announcement, the publisher also shared the first screenshots from this upcoming horror game.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.