By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft cutting 360 Arcade price to €199 in Europe

This isn't some random strangers post. This is a friend of mine. He lives in fayetteville north carolina. He was in the air force, and now he is waiting for his wife to get out of active duty so they can move back to illinois. there would be no excuse for him to lie. especially since i was the one to get him to buy a ps3.

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
This isn't some random strangers post. This is a friend of mine. He lives in fayetteville north carolina. He was in the air force, and now he is waiting for his wife to get out of active duty so they can move back to illinois. there would be no excuse for him to lie. especially since i was the one to get him to buy a ps3.

*chuckles*

C'mon now... I hate to sound like a dick (well, no, actually I don't...) but this is to the point of "pics or it didn't happen".

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I encourage you to look at every forum in the worl looking for this specific post. I bet you can't. I don't know why you find this so hard to believe. You conspiracy theorists are so damned ignorant.

rocketpig said:
PooperScooper said:

*chuckles*

C'mon now... I hate to sound like a dick (well, no, actually I don't...) but this is to the point of "pics or it didn't happen".

Well its not his 360..  he could just go on the web and find a random pic.

@ Pooper btw if you find one with a piece of paper in front of it saying "Gebx" don't use it and say its yours (its actually mine..)

http://www.2and2.net/files/478bdf5b9f178.jpg  <--- don't use that picture

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

PooperScooper said:
I encourage you to look at every forum in the worl looking for this specific post. I bet you can't. I don't know why you find this so hard to believe. You conspiracy theorists are so damned ignorant.

Well, I was nice before this point.

I think you're full of shit. You constantly praise the PS3 and bash the 360 in your posts and today, just in time (and in the middle of a workday) for this thread, your buddy happens to break his 360 which he got as a refurb and it also happens to be a new HDMI unit. Well, ain't that convenient.

You can call me a conspiracy theorist and ignorant all day long but I browse 3-4 gaming forums on a regular basis and not only are there no reports of Falcons failing beyond normal levels, there's a 100 page long NeoGAF thread full of 360-hate that has two reported optical drives failing on Falcons with 1200 non-Falcon confirmed failures. 

Around the Network

Just remember if you buy an Arcade no online Burout Paradise for you unless you also buy a HDD drive...

While price cuts are great for the consumer I can see MS getting themselves into hot water if a lot of more casual consumers start buying a cheap Arcade then discover certain aspects of some games need an HDD. That could lead to some pretty fast negative reaction they don't need in Europe right now.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Yes my constant praise and 360 bashing where is that exactly? By telling Gebx that '07s sale isnt a fair comparison thats praising ps3 and bashing 360 ok that makes sense. By saying DMC load times isn't about PS3 vs 360 its about PS3 vs PS3 thats 360 bashing? By saying that the HOME avatars look out of place because of what they are wearing and are customizable is 360 bashing? When I talked about DMC sales I said it will do about 400k life time on PS3 in japan and if you add the 360 numbers into that it has a respectable sales figure compared to the previous games.

Please rocket pig get your facts straight.

Look at my previous posts. There is nothing bashing or praising. Stating that ps3 didn't get a full years worth of data in numbers Gebx is posting isn't praising or bashing. Saying Falcons are still RRoD is not bashing.

DSLover said:
What about UK, i would buy arcade if it was cheaper = to wii. £200 is to much. for anything except a pc.
 The arcades were £149.99 from Gamestation around Christmas time.

"I think you're full of shit. You constantly praise the PS3 and bash the 360 in your posts and today, just in time (and in the middle of a workday) for this thread, your buddy happens to break his 360 which he got as a refurb and it also happens to be a new HDMI unit. Well, ain't that convenient."

This happened 5 days ago. And since i don't bash i didn't say anything about it or post it.

PooperScooper said:

Yes my constant praise and 360 bashing where is that exactly? By telling Gebx that '07s sale isnt a fair comparison thats praising ps3 and bashing 360 ok that makes sense. By saying DMC load times isn't about PS3 vs 360 its about PS3 vs PS3 thats 360 bashing? By saying that the HOME avatars look out of place because of what they are wearing and are customizable is 360 bashing?

Please rocket pig get your facts straight.

Look at my previous posts. There is nothing bashing or praising. Stating that ps3 didn't get a full years worth of data in numbers Gebx is posting isn't praising or bashing. Saying Falcons are still RRoD is not bashing.

Well, you got me right now because post history on the site is broken so I can't deny or confirm your bias.

You admitted yourself that you convinced your buddy to buy a PS3 and the rest of your story just doesn't sound convincing. It's all just a little to convenient to be real.