By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft cutting 360 Arcade price to €199 in Europe

wow a real price drop for the 360 before GTA4 launches, i was not expecting that. I mean i did expect one, but not until at least a few weeks before GTA4 was confirmed to be launching.

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
But I'm sure Microsoft just circulates them. The one you are sending in isn't then one you are getting back.

I realize that but Oct 07 is pretty much a new unit... One would think MS would keep those for the people who break their HDMI units, not send them off to the guys who break an old component-only unit.

It just seems strange. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:

Well, I'm sure RRoD isn't entirely gone but that NeoGAF thread is a lot less anecdotal than your personal experiences.

BTW, you said this was your third 360... How did you get an Oct 07 unit from MS with HDMI as a refurb? 

Just looked at his game collection on his profile and "apparently" he already took out every single 360 game from his collection.

I think his comment smells like his avatar..

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

PooperScooper said:
Remember Rocketpig RRoD really didn't start becoming a big problem till about a year after release(that's when they openly admitted it and extended the warranty). So I would suggest to wait till around September of this year to see how much the RRoD pops up in the new chip set.

This was not my post it was someone elses but I'll ask him and let you know when I get a response.

Actually, 360s started red ringing right off the bat. There are loads of stories of people buying a 360 and having it fail within days.

MS ignored it for over a year but that doesn't mean there wasn't a real problem that the internet community didn't already know about. 

Maybe they are trying to take pre falcon chips out of circulation since they keep getting returned anyways... I dont know.

Around the Network
gebx said:
rocketpig said:

Well, I'm sure RRoD isn't entirely gone but that NeoGAF thread is a lot less anecdotal than your personal experiences.

BTW, you said this was your third 360... How did you get an Oct 07 unit from MS with HDMI as a refurb? 

Just looked at his game collection on his profile and "apparently" he already took out every single 360 game from his collection.

Well, he mentioned that he didn't make that post... So we're getting secondhand information on the internet.

Let the red flags wave. 

gebx said:
rocketpig said:

Hey stupid, those are the games I own now. I haven't added games I've previously owned or else that would take alot of time and effort of thinking and remembering. I never said that was my experience either so lay off. but if you really want me to add Crackdown, Viva Pinata, Gears of War, Fight Night Round 3, Shadow Run, Lost Planet I will... even though i dont own them anymore

You have to understand that we have good reason to be highly skeptical...

There are no reports circulating on the internet about Falcons failing in any rate beyond normal. Not only is there no word of it on any forum I frequent but there is a massive NeoGAF thread that confirms it.

Then you pop in and say your 360 failed and it had an Oct 07 build date... Then it comes out that it wasn't actually your 360, but someone else's who posted using your name. And that the 360 just happened to have failed today. Which, judging by your typing, is probably in the United States. On a workday. In the middle of the day. I don't know about you, but I always hop up at the crack of dawn on a workday to fire up a game console before heading off to do something productive.

C'mon now, take a look at that objectively.

PooperScooper said:
gebx said:
rocketpig said:

Hey stupid, those are the games I own now. I haven't added games I've previously owned or else that would take alot of time and effort of thinking and remembering. I never said that was my experience either so lay off. but if you really want me to add Crackdown, Viva Pinata, Gears of War, Fight Night Round 3, Shadow Run, Lost Planet I will... even though i dont own them anymore

Oh I'm sorry I thought you wrote this statement just a couple minutes ago:

PooperScooper said:
@ Rocketpig Falcon's RRoD still.

Today, my 360 died on me. For those of you keeping score, this is unit number 3. A fairly new unit (circa Oct '07)... this is most frustrating. I had been saying to friends, were this one to die, that was it, I was done.

You can see where my confusion comes from...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

My game section has been updated for the games i could think of off the top of my head. for your entertainment. And yes I should have used some quotes.