By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Bill Belichick is an Ass Thread

With this greatest team talk... Let's seperate "greatest" and "best."

Great does not just mean "very good," it means "very accomplished" or "very important."

What's the most important accomplishment? Winning the Championship. If you didn't win the Championship, you're out of the conversation for "greatest ever." Period.

After that, final record can be considered, followed by both subjective and statistical measures of skill and consistency.

Those measures of skill and consistency are what makes a team "good." By those measures, The Patriots may have had the best offense ever, and some would say the best team ever.

But they can't take solace in their skills. They can't take solace in the fact that they dropped 40 and 50 points on teams with some regularity. They can't take solace in all the touchdown and scoring records they set. Being the best ever doesn't count for jack. Talent means nothing without accomplishment.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

Wow, thanks jjseth for the Failure image. I'll spead that around

It's all about People

spartan004 said:
I don't know if you guys have heard this but apparently both Tom Brady and Randy Moss have pulled out of the Pro Bowl (for reasons which I don't know, didn't read the whole article) and will be replaced by Derek Anderson of the Cleveland Browns and Chad Johnson of the Cincinnati Bengals.

I know why Brady won't be playing I doubt with the beating he took he even remembers who he is. As for the best team ever I vote 85 Bears they destroyed my Giants in the playoffs that year shutting them out. Back on topic Belichick is an ass but he is still a genius that no coach likes to face.

PS3(60GB)/360(Elite)/Wii/SNES/Ultimate Gaming PC owner :)

Riot Of The Blood said:
The Rams are the greatest team (I) have ever seen. Why I pick a team I never even seen? I'm not going base my opinion on what the media says. If that's what you do, then it's you who aren't the true fan.

Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion.  My post wasn't directed to you.  I base my opinion on the 25 years I've watched the game.  To me, probably the 85 Bears or the 89 49ers are the best.