By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do any of you own or have played Contra 4. It seems pretty rocking and I loved Contra upto III before it went crazy. Your thoughts and experiences of Contra 4 welcome here.

Around the Network

If I had a DS I'd be all over it....that's all I have to contribute.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Played it, loved it, still haven't beaten the final boss on normal mode yet. Although I am more a retro player until I bought a Wii, and I am still a big fan of retro gameing.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Great game. Was rather hard at first, but wasn't too long before I could beat Normal on a single continue. Challenges had a good curve of difficulty and the bonuses they unlocked were nice. Plus they helped develop skills that could be applied to the main game. This reminds me, I need to go back and beat Hard mode.

Contra 4 is pretty intense, not for anybody who dislikes a frustrating difficultly level. Definately harder than Hard Corps. Few games made these days are as challenging as Contra 4. It might give you a bit of shell shock from the difficulty when you first play it. Some of this comes from having to keep track of two screens.

If you like Contra you should love this game. It is the most faithful Contra game made since Contra III. The old school 2d Graphics are quite refreshing. The sound effects should be familar if you played any previous Contra title. The music is top-notch and composed by the very talented Jake Kaufmann, a video game music cover artist and composer known also as virt. Very faithful to the old-school riffs from past Contra titles. In summary, it's well worth your 30 bucks.

Around the Network

Bought it, havn't played it.

This thread may remind me to do so.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

A good game, with a huge nostalgia feel, very difficult. I already beat it. Worth to buy and enjoy

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

In my opinion, the premium DS title of 2007. Yes, even better than Phantom Hourglass.

Any fan of the series or of hard 2D shooters absolutely need to buy the game.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

Absolutely great, if you liked the previous ones ( i mean 1 to 3 ) you are gonna love this one, is tough as elephant nails and i almost break the DS a cuople of times as i kept dying in some places, but hey that's the great thing about Contra isn't it ?, is a great game with great gameplay graphics and the best thing, it's totally old school !

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Thanks for the thoughts guys.