By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kyros said:
"Just comparing all the functionality with XBL Dashboard, here's what I get:"

Sorry but I think you do not get it. Yes you can watch a movie faster on the XMB than in home but millions of people who have made a Second Life account seem to like something about it.
Personally I don't get it either.

Is Home supposed to be a Second Life clone?

As for doing things faster: I think I do get it.  Do you like lines?  Do you like stupid fetch quests that get in the way of action?  Do you hate being level 1 when you know level 10 is awesome?  Do you wish your TV was 2 inches bigger?  Can you not wait until 5:00?  Does 256k just seem so slow?  Do you hate it when a movie has to buffer/  Do you hate really long animated menus on DVD's that you can't skip?  Do you hate previews?  

The list goes on.  People don't like to wait and they don't like things that make things take longer.  People are impatient and want things that make things go quicker and without as many steps.  Home complicates things and makes things take longer. 

Around the Network

Is the area with the board games still there? I liked that area, hope they have not removed it.

Im slut for trend, stylistic, artsy, minimalist and high class shit.

Cant wait to get my own Penthouse on top of a skyscraper, and wake up to a beautiful sunrise over Manhattan, Tokyo or wherever I choose to place it.

I would love to have a Penthouse in reality D: ....

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

If you guys don't want Home i'm sure you don't have to use it.

twesterm said:
Kyros said:
"Just comparing all the functionality with XBL Dashboard, here's what I get:"

Sorry but I think you do not get it. Yes you can watch a movie faster on the XMB than in home but millions of people who have made a Second Life account seem to like something about it.
Personally I don't get it either.

Is Home supposed to be a Second Life clone?

As for doing things faster: I think I do get it.  Do you like lines?  Do you like stupid fetch quests that get in the way of action?  Do you hate being level 1 when you know level 10 is awesome?  Do you wish your TV was 2 inches bigger?  Can you not wait until 5:00?  Does 256k just seem so slow?  Do you hate it when a movie has to buffer/  Do you hate really long animated menus on DVD's that you can't skip?  Do you hate previews?  

The list goes on.  People don't like to wait and they don't like things that make things take longer.  People are impatient and want things that make things go quicker and without as many steps.  Home complicates things and makes things take longer. 

Well said, Twesterm.

MS did a good job of it with Dashboard but the ultimate company to look at for interfaces is Apple.

What do they do? They get me straight to the content. No hassle, no fucking around with extraneous bullshit, just straight to the stuff I want with clean, easy to read buttons that don't confuse the user.

Or maybe this whole iPod/iPhone/OSX thing is just a fad and Apple is going to tank tomorrow. People like simplicity over bells and whistles. Look at iTunes for crying out loud. If Apple made that interface any easier to use, it would just be one big button that read "Click Me, Retard". And people love it for that.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

SPAM SPAM SPAM!

... double post. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

This has potential. Let's hope it's not wasted and see how this plays out.

"People don't like to wait and they don't like things that make things take longer. "

All true, but people like shiny things, people like to see other people (even if they are only avatars) when talking to them etc. pp. If you want to have things fast, use the XMB.

Will it let me live in a shitty dump of an apartment with dirty floors and poor soundproofing? I'm not interested in these high-class lies.

^^lol, roaches crawling around? that would be great.