By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Of Us first Multiplayer Gameplay

Necromunda said:
Wright said:
Yes, one should always have the expectations with a bit of skepticism. That way you are never disappointed with how things turned out. It can be the best thing ever conceived, or it can be a run-of-the-mill.

I'm just as skeptical as anyone, but like I said there are a few giveaways showing this isn't representative of the overall multiplayer, like the abscence of infected. Almost all the "leaked" info has stated a combination of other infected and enemies on a single map with dynamic interactions. This more or less shows that this is probably just a Team Deathmatch game, on a small map, to show off the combat perhaps.

And lets not forget the developer we're talking about here... Naughty Dog has an incredible pedigree, and last I checked they were a fairly humble team. I doubt they would make the comments that they did without having the multiplayer to actually back it up.

In reality, I'm not expecting it to be anything actually like DayZ, that was just the optimal game I could use as a comparison, as I think the final product that they are speaking of will be a survivalist type mode in which you fight both the infected and enemies.

my good sir you are correct, here is an article about people who actually played the multiplayer. i didnt read the full article because im at a media blockout, i just read the first few sentences because i read your post earlier and the people who replied to you.

this seems like a normal online game (from what i see people saying) but these people are saying the mutliplayer is ... different. so you do have a good point to what you are saying. here is link

"What we can tell you, however, is that The Last of Us multiplayer is a very unique experience, and pretty different than anything else out there right now. This should be expected, it's Naughty Dog after all, but here's the rundown"

BE WARNED THE ARTICLE CONTAINS MILD SPOILERS, THE TEXT I COPIED IS BEFORE THEY WARNED FOR THE SPOILERS.

http://www.fpsgeneral.com/news/the-last-of-us/24487-weve-played-multiplayer-in-the-last-of-us-and-its

Around the Network

compared to that article this did not line up with my expectation. looked like standard mp death match. doesn't really look like my cup of tea.

Wright said:
I can't...I can't believe. The video is from Hobby Consolas.

Hobby Consolas! THAT MAGAZINE SUCKS. IT MAKES ME FEEL BAD FOR BEING A SPANISH GAMER. How the hell did they get something like this?!

Do we have anything that doesn't suck and don't make us feel bad for being spanish?

kitler53 said:
compared to that article this did not line up with my expectation. looked like standard mp death match. doesn't really look like my cup of tea.

Like I said in my posts prior, that's probably because this is simply a Team Deathmatch mode being showcased. 

bananaking21 said:
Necromunda said:
Wright said:
Yes, one should always have the expectations with a bit of skepticism. That way you are never disappointed with how things turned out. It can be the best thing ever conceived, or it can be a run-of-the-mill.

I'm just as skeptical as anyone, but like I said there are a few giveaways showing this isn't representative of the overall multiplayer, like the abscence of infected. Almost all the "leaked" info has stated a combination of other infected and enemies on a single map with dynamic interactions. This more or less shows that this is probably just a Team Deathmatch game, on a small map, to show off the combat perhaps.

And lets not forget the developer we're talking about here... Naughty Dog has an incredible pedigree, and last I checked they were a fairly humble team. I doubt they would make the comments that they did without having the multiplayer to actually back it up.

In reality, I'm not expecting it to be anything actually like DayZ, that was just the optimal game I could use as a comparison, as I think the final product that they are speaking of will be a survivalist type mode in which you fight both the infected and enemies.

my good sir you are correct, here is an article about people who actually played the multiplayer. i didnt read the full article because im at a media blockout, i just read the first few sentences because i read your post earlier and the people who replied to you.

this seems like a normal online game (from what i see people saying) but these people are saying the mutliplayer is ... different. so you do have a good point to what you are saying. here is link

"What we can tell you, however, is that The Last of Us multiplayer is a very unique experience, and pretty different than anything else out there right now. This should be expected, it's Naughty Dog after all, but here's the rundown"

BE WARNED THE ARTICLE CONTAINS MILD SPOILERS, THE TEXT I COPIED IS BEFORE THEY WARNED FOR THE SPOILERS.

http://www.fpsgeneral.com/news/the-last-of-us/24487-weve-played-multiplayer-in-the-last-of-us-and-its

Just read this after you posted it, I'd suggest reading it as it doesn't seem to have any actual story spoilers contained within.

Honestly, with what little they have said to describe the multiplayer in this article, this seems like a rather interesting and fresh  take on multiplayer, can't wait to see how in depth they get with factions and future game-modes. Here's a few of my thoughts on the article:

1.) Supply Raid sounds AWESOME, I love the idea of capturing supplies and getting the advantage over the other team, or losing an inital supply point and trying to grind  your way back up as the underdog team.

2.) Listen Mode is going to be incredible, it's going to bring a massive aspect of stealth and strategy to the Multiplayer, SO pumped to try it out. Definite Game Changer as they say, if you run and gun, you're going to suck and get destroyed, unquestionably.

3.) Core of the gameplay in terms of battling/weapons/cover seems to be just like Uncharted, even in terms of player customization which is essentially shown in the OP Video. This is good news for me, as I loved the fight mechanics of Uncharted 2 and 3 online and dumped countless hours playing those.

I honestly cannot wait for this game, this is probably going to be the last game of the generation that I buy Day 1 before the PS4 releases. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Necromunda said:
Wright said:

I didn't see any mild spoilers in that.  Unless them saying the MP modes is considered spoilers. But, having read that it sounds more interesting on paper right now than it is watching it.....in 480p too!!  That video is just sloppy and horrible quality.  From the video it looks decent but not good.  But I can't form an opinion from just watching someone else play the MP.

looks meh to me. Did not enjoy uncharted 3 multiplayer, hopefully this one fairs a litte better. I am more interested in the single player :P

nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
Necromunda said:
Wright said:

I didn't see any mild spoilers in that.  Unless them saying the MP modes is considered spoilers. But, having read that it sounds more interesting on paper right now than it is watching it.....in 480p too!!  That video is just sloppy and horrible quality.  From the video it looks decent but not good.  But I can't form an opinion from just watching someone else play the MP.

Just wanted to say, dope avatar, just got done with Season 1 of Fringe on Netflix!

I won't judge the MP until I know all the modes and how it plays. I'm loving the executions

Necromunda said:

Just wanted to say, dope avatar, just got done with Season 1 of Fringe on Netflix!

Haha thanks.  She is one of my all time favorite characters in a tv show.  Be warned the last half of season 3 drops in quality a bit, but is still very good.  Once you get there.  Then the last two season didn't have as big of a budget and it shows, but it is one of the best sci fi shows I have watched behind LOST.