By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR: Sony loses NC Soft exclusive game

gebx said:
twesterm said:

Please just calm down people. If you truly think someone is trolling, there are two things you should do:

1. Ignore them. Don't make some witty remark in respone, don't argue with them, don't post some silly picture, just ignore them.
  2. Report them and leave it alone.

you know, so far you've been doing a good job moderating..

On topic: What it a MMO?

Infront of RPG?   "Massive Multiplayer Online" like Word of Warcraft.  NCsoft is probably best known for City of Heroes.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

NCsoft is probably best known for City of Heroes.

And Lineage, Aion, also Guild Wars (publisher).

Why do people keep posting all these stupid rumors?

NC Soft would be breaking a contract with Sony if this were true. Sony would have to be doing a hell of a lot to them to push them to that, and given Sony's great support of independent studios like Insomniac, Media Molecule, etc., that is highly unlikely.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Call it what you want but this is the kind of thing that has kept either the PS3 or 360 from achieving any significant domintion over the market as a whole allowing Nintendo an open door back into dominance over the console market once more. While this matter of exclusivity is but one drop in the bucket, the bucket is already pretty full. With each pit manuver against the competitor, the 360 and PS3 lose precious momentum while the Wii with a relatively mediocre game library and future line up is able to thrive in the wake of the two giants duking it out and cock blocking one another.

aspirin said:
Kasz216 said:

NCsoft is probably best known for City of Heroes.

And Lineage, Aion, also Guild Wars (publisher).

Ah right Lineage.  Not a big online player.  Either way, i coulda swore NC soft was shifting way from the game making buisness and allocating most of their funds into other buisnesses because of how unstable MMORPGs cash flow can be. (well if your not Blizzard.)

Around the Network

NC soft?

I don't recognize that name.

What games have they developed?

Kasz216 said:
gebx said:
twesterm said:

Please just calm down people. If you truly think someone is trolling, there are two things you should do:

1. Ignore them. Don't make some witty remark in respone, don't argue with them, don't post some silly picture, just ignore them.

Infront of RPG? "Massive Multiplayer Online" like Word of Warcraft. NCsoft is probably best known for City of Heroes.

oops typo's

I meant is the exclusive an MMO?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
Kasz216 said:
gebx said:
twesterm said:

Infront of RPG? "Massive Multiplayer Online" like Word of Warcraft. NCsoft is probably best known for City of Heroes.

oops typo's

I meant is the exclusive an MMO?

I'd guess so. I think they've pretty much exclusively made MMOs.