By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If a White PS3 were to be released in the U.S. & Europe

I think it seems pretty obvious that Sony is working on a new SKU no matter how many times they deny it. History has been repeating itself so far when it comes to a new SKU from Sony.

Whether or not the next SKU will be white is something I don't know, but I'm guessing it's going to be something with a bigger hard drive than the 80gb. But, what if the new SKU is going to come in white. How well do you think it would fare off in the U.S. and Europe?  

Also, I think the Dualshock 3 is playing a factor in the 80gb situation, so who knows. 

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

It would have to come in black and white because I wouldn't want a white PS3.

Maybe silver so it matches my PSP. :P

I doubt white would have much of an effect.

I agree... white wouldn't change much. The reason the different colors work for the PS2 and DS are because they are cheap. Things like that really only matter for cheaper products.

Ya, white wouldn't do anything.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

i would still buy a black one.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

White won't fly in the USA. We (americans) are not big on bright colors. Especially something that will turn yellow in a few years. The Black will continue to sell in the US. Why do you think the XB360 Elite is black? Cause Black is a color that sells more then white. Now if Sony or MS would release something in silver. Like the silver slim PS2 we might be in business.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

"If a White PS3 were to be released in the U.S. & Europe"

noone would give a shit.

Honestly I dont think it would effect anything.

You think anyone has been waitng for a white ps3 to come out b4 they purcahse one?

ROFL.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

XGamer0611 said:
White won't fly in the USA. We (americans) are not big on bright colors. Especially something that will turn yellow in a few years. The Black will continue to sell in the US. Why do you think the XB360 Elite is black? Cause Black is a color that sells more then white. Now if Sony or MS would release something in silver. Like the silver slim PS2 we might be in business.

Speak for yourself. I like bright colors, pastels, etc.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Of course the Wii is white and it sells like hotcakes.

But then Nintendo picked white to have more appeal to females

As far as PS3 is concerned, it should stick to black, or silver/grey, no one would care for a white one. It's not like it appeals to women anyway.