By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@stranne, Guess, how many 3rd party games on PS3 will reach, when there will be 20 mln. PS3 sold.
It`s NORMAL, when console with 2x time istall base have sold 3rd party game MORE. It`s NOT normal/sux, when there are few 3rd party games, which crossed 1 mln., not to mention 2 mln.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Wow, I guess I was way off with my prediction ($300 million loss). Does anybody have Microsoft and Nintendo's gaming division earnings to compare?

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

Username2324 said:
So MS took 1 3/4 years to turn a profit, Sony only 1

I think everyones forgetting that this isn't just the PS3 but the PS2 and PSP. Still it doesn't tarnish the fact that Sony did extremely well considering the current state of things.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I still think it would have been much cooler if they posted some HORRIDLY abysmal amount of profit, like have a bunch of millions thrown around in diff. departments, but when it gets to gaming...

GAMING DEVISION: $7...

I think that would have been badass >: )

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

CrazzyMan said:
@stranne, Guess, how many 3rd party games on PS3 will reach, when there will be 20 mln. PS3 sold.
It`s NORMAL, when console with 2x time istall base have sold 3rd party game MORE. It`s NOT normal/sux, when there are few 3rd party games, which crossed 1 mln., not to mention 2 mln.

My guess is around 10. And it's true that Wii should have had more million sellers, but that's because of poor foresight from third parties. That will change this year (see my sig).

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
@Carlos: keep trying, I'm sure you can come up with a negative spin on this somehow. Keep hope alive!

- Sony says shipping target fell from 11 million to 9.5 million.
-
Carlos says shipping target fell from 11 million to 9.5 million.

Dammit Carlos... don't spin those numbers!! you making yourself look bad!

/sarcasm

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Linkzmax said:

Also the part of GGE's quote that you bolded is quite true.

1m
PS34 5 9 16
Wii428

I should bold "by far" only. Actually I've pointed that third party developers sell more games for the Wii in my post. The point is the difference is pretty faint if you consider userbase.

kber, GGE, DMeisterJ... can't you just try to have a discussion of sales without trying to "pwn" one another in every post?  Every time you make a personal attack, anyone who isn't personally involved in the "fight" loses a bit of respect for you and the point you're trying to make.

gebx said:

I think everyones forgetting that this isn't just the PS3 but the PS2 and PSP. Still it doesn't tarnish the fact that Sony did extremely well considering the current state of things.

Agree to that, put it back into perspective people, you're talking about sony's gaming divison (which I believe encompasses 3 consoles). While it's good news overall for the company, I'm pretty sure sony's been making a profit on every ps2 sold for a while now, so it's a no brainer where a lot of that profit comes from (same thing could be said about the PSP), PS3 however, (IMO) still hasn't turned a profit yet, that's why the profit figure is so "low" relative to the huge loss figure you saw in 06. I wonder what the figures would be like if they just took out the PS2 alone and left the PSP and PS3 to carry the figures. Because I'm pretty sure (not 100% obviously) that more PS2's were sold last year then PS3's were. 

kber81 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
I assume by your dodge you don't have any proof.

I assume you are too gimpy to find by yourself. All your posts here are pure crap. I've pointed flaws in your deduction already. It isn't funny anymore. Go back to your happy N-world and wait for RE5.

I'll take that as confirmation I was right. How does it feel to be schooled?