By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Ah, poor Kber, you just don't get it. Even if Ubisoft only made $20 off of every copy sold of Red Steel that's well over $20,000,000 and a $5,000,000 gain on their investment.

Once again do some research before you post. Ubi makes around 7$ on each copy IIRC. 

Around the Network

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2006/10/5/5516

Gears of War for example cost less than 10 million USD (Unreal Engine). Be awere multiplatform games cost only around 10% more than single platform. 

Kasz216 said:
stranne said:
13 million USD is peanuts compared to the million sellers on PS3/X360.

Eh I don't know. Assassains Creed and CoD4 definitly cost way more then Red Steel. (Probably in advertising alone.)

But Fifa and Pro Evo are basically cash ins from what i've read that basically work on the "Madden" effect... of just having updated engines, and are pretty half assed.

As such the 4 million seller PS3 games likely raked in all sorts of cash. Or at least all of them that arn't AC.

Where they should worry is the games that haven't sold a million bost likely cost lots of developmental money.

Those were all 1st Party games though.

OK, I'll say most of the million sellers. 13 million is not that much for a "big-budget" game nowadays. As just a small reference, I read that Scarface had a budget of 2.5M just for audio.

kber81 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Ah, poor Kber, you just don't get it. Even if Ubisoft only made $20 off of every copy sold of Red Steel that's well over $20,000,000 and a $5,000,000 gain on their investment.

Once again do some research before you post. Ubi makes around 7$ on each copy IIRC. 

Link?

And if that's true, why are they making a sequel?

Also, is Gears of War the standard or just an example? How about a PS3 game.

Girl Gamer Elite said:

Link?

And if that's true, why are they making a sequel?

Also, is Gears of War the standard or just an example? How about a PS3 game.

Try google... I'm not going to waste my time on you anymore.

Around the Network

LMAO!

Gamer Girl has Gballjacked this thread.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I assume by your dodge you don't have any proof.

stranne said:
Kasz216 said:
stranne said:
13 million USD is peanuts compared to the million sellers on PS3/X360.

Eh I don't know. Assassains Creed and CoD4 definitly cost way more then Red Steel. (Probably in advertising alone.)

But Fifa and Pro Evo are basically cash ins from what i've read that basically work on the "Madden" effect... of just having updated engines, and are pretty half assed.

As such the 4 million seller PS3 games likely raked in all sorts of cash. Or at least all of them that arn't AC.

Where they should worry is the games that haven't sold a million bost likely cost lots of developmental money.

Those were all 1st Party games though.

OK, I'll say most of the million sellers. 13 million is not that much for a "big-budget" game nowadays. As just a small reference, I read that Scarface had a budget of 2.5M just for audio.

That's half.

Sony has no worries about not getting good games. There only worry is not getting any good 3rd party exclusives anymore, as for some reason multiplatforms have seemed to sell better then single platform games.

But luckily Sony has some good development teams themselves and arn't above bribary... atleast until they catch up to the 360.

Girl Gamer Elite said:

I assume you are too gimpy to find by yourself. All your posts here are pure crap. I've pointed flaws in your deduction already. It isn't funny anymore. Go back to your happy N-world and wait for RE5.

kber81 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

I assume you are to gimpy to find by yourself. All your posts here are pure crap. I've pointed flaws in your deduction already. It isn't funny anymore. Go back to your happy N-world and wait for RE5.

That was awesome.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!