By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You just don't get it Kber. Red Steel wasn't big budget. You really have no clue what you're talking about do you. Sigh...

Just because games sell more doesn't mean they make more for developers especially when you think about how much it cost to develop those games.

Call the Wii minigames all you want, its not going to help Sony's situation anymore and it only paints your sheer bias against accepting anything other than number of games sold.

Also, funny how you try to include the 360 with the PS3 in making your comparison. The Wii has still sold far more third party games than the PS3 has, even million sellers. Face it, the proud PS3 supporter is using the 360 as a crutch to make his system look better. Only the 360 has the sales you speak of (and even then the profits are questionable for third party developers), not the PS3 by a long shot. :D

Around the Network
Girl Gamer Elite said:
You just don't get it Kber. Red Steel wasn't big budget. You really have no clue what you're talking about do you. Sigh...

Just because games sell more doesn't mean they make more for developers especially when you think about how much it cost to develop those games.

Call the Wii minigames all you want, its not going to help Sony's situation anymore and it only paints your sheer bias against accepting anything other than number of games sold.

Also, funny how you try to include the 360 with the PS3 in making your comparison. The Wii has still sold far more third party games than the PS3 has, even million sellers. Face it, the proud PS3 supporter is using the 360 as a crutch to make his system look better. Only the 360 has the sales you speak of, not the PS3 by a long shot. :D

Red Steel cost 13 million USD. It's the most expensive Wii project so far AFAIK. I don't need X360 here. Just few new titles to back my point. You have no idea about your own system...

NFS:Prostreet PS3 - 0,95 million

NFS:Prostreet Wii - 0,38 million

Fifa08 PS3 - 1,08 million

Fifa08 Wii - 0,45 million

Madden NFL PS3 - 0,72 million

Madden NFL Wii - 0,52

You can find some titles which sells better on the Wii but if you consider huge gap in the userbase it looks pale. Go and check some figures before you post because clearly you have no idea what you'are taking about pal.

Oh darn, sports games and racing games, how will the Wii ever survive. And here you complain about the Wii having nothing but mini-games, I guess all the PS3 has is sports and racing games, lol.

And if Red Steel really cost that much to make then why are they making a sequel?

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Oh darn, sports games and racing games, how will the Wii ever survive. And here you complain about the Wii having nothing but mini-games, I guess all the PS3 has is sports and racing games, lol.

Try harder G. I don't care about Wii mini-games. Just go and check some charts and you will find that Wii with twice as big userbase sells 20% more third party games than PS3. Not far more as you suggest. It will change soon though. Just wait for GTAIV and MGS4 figures.

Even without X360 it looks poor. As you can see third party support will stick with PS3/X360 no matter what. That's the real world you don't want to accept.

Girl Gamer Elite said:

And if Red Steel really cost that much to make then why are they making a sequel?

Finally... because it's easier to break even than you think. You don't need to sell 20 million copies of Assassin's Creed to make really big money. If Red Steel is profitable and a single copy cost less than PS3/X360 game it means something. That's why your RE4 comparison is silly.

You don't bother to check figures G. That's your problem. You are pure fanboy. 

Around the Network

13 million USD is peanuts compared to the million sellers on PS3/X360.

Ah, poor Kber, you just don't get it. Even if Ubisoft only made $20 off of every copy sold of Red Steel that's well over $20,000,000 and a $5,000,000 gain on their investment.

Again, you're only looking at numbers sold, not development invested.

The Wii version of Guitar Hero 3 has easily outsold both PS3 and 360 versions, Though I'm sure you'll try and convince me that Madden and a generic racing title is something to pine for.

RE4 having already made its money back has easily made Capcom a $14,000,000 profit

Face it, only the 360 has any bragging rights, not the PS3.

stranne said:

Eh I don't know. Assassains Creed and CoD4 definitly cost way more then Red Steel. (Probably in advertising alone.)

However a lot of that advertising was paid by Sony. (hence the PS3 logo at the end of both titles.) 

But Fifa and Pro Evo are basically cash ins from what i've read that basically work on the "Madden" effect... of just having updated engines, and are pretty half assed.

As such the 4 million seller PS3 games likely raked in all sorts of cash. Or at least all of them that arn't AC.

Where they should worry is the games that haven't sold a million bost likely cost lots of developmental money.

Those were all 1st Party games though.

stranne said:

Really? Care to elaborate or it's just your guts? Games on Unreal Engine cost around 10 - 15 million. Probably only Killzone 2 is far more expensive than 20 million budget. Be awere the diffrence in price goes to producer. Games on PS3/X360 generate more money on every copy.

Link Kber? to prove PS3 games are that cheap to develop for?