By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
famousringo said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
misteromar mk4 said:
Its the beginning of the end for america as a "super power", soon it will be no more powerful than Germany France etc. It will still be a important country, but just one of many, instead of sitting on top the hill by its self.

I guess the "terrorist" win then, by dragging it into a war it cannot win and sends the country into financial ruin. America will no longer be able to rule the world with a iron fist and do as they please.

Are you TRYING to make us ping your IP and bomb your country?

That made me laugh.

I really don't get the people cheering on US economic problems. Even if you feel the US has it coming for whatever reason, a US recession means a global recession. Americans may suffer longer or harder than the rest of us, but we will all suffer to some degree.

Personally, I hope the US economy smooths out, or at least glides down to an easy landing. There are too many parallels between today and 1929. All the experts say that the Depression can never happen again, but I'd rather not risk it.

Not for Australia where I live. We are having a mining boom thanks to are Chinese friends which is pumping more money into our economy than america ever did.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network
misteromar mk4 said:
famousringo said:

That made me laugh.

I really don't get the people cheering on US economic problems. Even if you feel the US has it coming for whatever reason, a US recession means a global recession. Americans may suffer longer or harder than the rest of us, but we will all suffer to some degree.

Personally, I hope the US economy smooths out, or at least glides down to an easy landing. There are too many parallels between today and 1929. All the experts say that the Depression can never happen again, but I'd rather not risk it.

Not for Australia where I live. We are having a mining boom thanks to are Chinese friends which is pumping more money into our economy than america ever did.

And why would China need all those primary resources? Oh yeah, manufacturing!

But who do they sell all those manufactured goods to... 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

There are people in the US goverment who believe a devalued US dollar helps to encourage the sales of exported items with an advantage to corporations inside the US while discouraging travel outside of the US. In the early 80s it was intentional deflated by the US in an attempt to ward off recession. It also lead to an increase number of purchases of US land from foreign people of US property since the cost was cheaper to them. There is a plus or minus to the strength or weakness of any monetary unit. While I will not pass a judgement since I lack any significant education in economics I will say that some people prefer a weak dollar and others a strong dollar... Sony and Nintendo like strong dollars.

timmytomthegreat said:
This should help the US manufacturing sector retain if not gain jobs.

Not really ...

The majority of US manufacturing sector jobs that were lost were offshored to countries like China due to their (massively) smaller labour costs. The US dollar will not be low enough in the foreseeable future to regain these jobs.

Personally, the only jobs that American's are "losing" that I think is really troubling are the IT and software engineering jobs because (in many cases) these are being lost because of poor math skills, not because of cheaper labour.

famousringo said:
misteromar mk4 said:
famousringo said:

That made me laugh.

And why would China need all those primary resources? Oh yeah, manufacturing!

But who do they sell all those manufactured goods to... 

The Chineese (currently) manufacture a large portion of the lower cost alternatives to the "necessities" that everyone around the world uses; in a recession companies that produce low cost alternatives to "necessities" tend to do very well because people "need" these products but have limited ammounts of money to spend.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
misteromar mk4 said:
Its the beginning of the end for america as a "super power", soon it will be no more powerful than Germany France etc. It will still be a important country, but just one of many, instead of sitting on top the hill by its self.

I guess the "terrorist" win then, by dragging it into a war it cannot win and sends the country into financial ruin. America will no longer be able to rule the world with a iron fist and do as they please.

Well, I guess we lost.

I could counter with an argument about how the US dollar had been artifically inflated for years and how other countries "dollarizing" has killed its value but I guess your opinion on how America is suddenly not the power it once was makes much more sense.

Damn. Now America is just France with hard-on.

*weeps silently*

Never read a rocketpig post while drinking. Oxygen is still not my friend. 

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

rocketpig said:

Damn. Now America is just France with hard-on.

*weeps silently*

OH NO, TEH US IS TEH DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad