By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo releasing big guns all this year? Hmm somethings fishy..

So the Big N is releasing Metroid,Mario,and Smash Brothers Brawl all this year?

very very un-characteristic of nintendo to release all their big guns early..

Hmmm...

could it possibly mean that their "next gen" console will come out rather earlier than expected?

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

guarunteed, one of them will be delayed until 2008. of course, here in Australia I bet none of them will be out till 2008 =(

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Even two out of three beats my expectations, I was expecting one of 3 this year...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

weezy said:

Hmmm...

could it possibly mean that their "next gen" console will come out rather earlier than expected?

Remember theres the new zelda wii, mario kart wii and animal crossing wii possibley next year

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

weezy said:

Hmmm...

not true, they did the same thing with the gamecube. Here in europe, the big four (mario, zelda, metroid, smash brothers) have all been released in the first 13 months after launch. Maybe it were a little more months in the U.S. because the GC was released earlier, but they still came out quite early.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

One of the Biggest Mistakes Nintendo made with the Gamecube and N64 was they spaced out game releases in order to "maximize the profit" on  each title; the result was that Nintendo's userbase never grew that large (or that quickly) to adequately support third party development and all game sales suffered. Now, in 2008 Nintendo will (probably) not be able to release a Metriod, Mario, or Super Smash Bros. Game but they will  likely be able to release games based on Donkey Kong, Kirby, Mario Kart/Tennis/Golf, Star Fox, Pokemon, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, and probably some brand new (or reimagined) franchises; in 2009 they could release a new Mario, Zelda and Metroid game if they choose to.

Ah,thanks n_fb for the info..i was starting to think somthing was up

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I say let nintendo blow its load in 2007 and then let 3rd parties pick up the slack in 2008.

weezy said:
Ah,thanks n_fb for the info..i was starting to think somthing was up

It wouldn't be good move to release a new console already in 08/09. Sega made this mistake and it was one of the reasons why they had to stop producing consoles. I'm very sure that the next nintendo console will be released in 2011, it was always nintendos intention and if they win this generation, they are the ones who can decide when the next generation starts.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

We got a cluster of titles just like this on the GC. Im not sure why anyone thinks this is any different :)