By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guess Sony's gaming division profits/loses...

100 HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS. (I'm obviously joking)

Around the Network

I'm guessing around 400M in deficit.

It's over 9,000?

damn it...it's time for me to eat crow hahha they posted $113m profit. lol my apology to you mate.

They profited in the game division?

Around the Network

HAHAHAHAHA! I have to say, I was expecting them to cut even, so I'm as surprised as you! But, apology accepted.

In case you were wondering what my logic was:
1. Sony announced they were cutting even on 40GB PS3's (The main seller)
2. Increased PS3 hardware and PS3 software sales
3. PSP & PS2 hardware and software profit.

So basically, I figured the money lost from PS3 hardware would be made up with PS3 software profits, that leaving the PS2 and PSP to make money.

I'm preparing the dishes of crow for this site.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

+37-65-122 mln. profit.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

i say $238 million in losses.

krik said:
Username2324 said:
ymeaga1n said:
Username2324 said:
I think we might see a bit of profit, haven't been following their financial reports so I am probably way off.

Yes your way off. And the fact that you argue so vigorously for ps3 on other threads makes you look like a fool since you don't know anything about the financial position of sony gaming division.

But i'm not a complete jackass so at least i'll tell you that their last quarters profit was -$851 million.

So even though I know the PS3 inside and out, but do not know Sony's financial reports makes me a fool? I don't recall every argueing about Sony's financial status, except that they have almost cut production costs to become profitable, which everyone should know since it was posted all over.

You know what would be funny? If in 42 minutes Sony actually posts a profit in the division (or small loss) and then you can show him how "fool" you are ;)

and we have a winner.  nice 133 million profit for the quarter for the gaming division.

considering the psp and ps2 are pretty much only profitable, the ps3 is still dragging them down.  on the other hand its not dragging them down much.  should be profitable on all three next year.  good job sony.  now everyone is making money on consoles.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.