By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Last Of Us - "The best MP ever concieved..."

Tagged games:

Chandler said:

Around the Network
Aldro said:
badgenome said:

Strange that it's so "amazing", and yet here we are a month away from release knowing absolutely NOTHING about it.

Regardless, it has no chance of being better than Demon's Souls' MP. Deal with it.

Maybe they're saving it because its so insanely awesome that they want no devs to start looking at yet so its 110% unique for a while to come!

Featuring an OPEN WORLD where ALL people are connected to ONE world, surviving TOGETHER against the outbreak.

LOL A man can dream

Your idea would be perfect. Imagine starting a session with a few dozen people. You start off alone.

From there you can go solo or make alliances. The infected can serve as non playable enemies. I never really thought about the MP potential of this game but I have to admit that if implemented correctly it could end up being really good.

Branko2166 said:
Aldro said:
badgenome said:

Strange that it's so "amazing", and yet here we are a month away from release knowing absolutely NOTHING about it.

Regardless, it has no chance of being better than Demon's Souls' MP. Deal with it.

Maybe they're saving it because its so insanely awesome that they want no devs to start looking at yet so its 110% unique for a while to come!

Featuring an OPEN WORLD where ALL people are connected to ONE world, surviving TOGETHER against the outbreak.

LOL A man can dream

Your idea would be perfect. Imagine starting a session with a few dozen people. You start off alone.

From there you can go solo or make alliances. The infected can serve as non playable enemies. I never really though about the MP potential of this game but I have to admit that if implemented correctly it could end up being really good.

Yeah man but.. let's not go into this expecting THAT XD. I can't see that being done as far as technology is concerned without any huge ass sacrifices to their engine and overall gameplay/quality. But still, maybe one day :P. I guess DayZ or WarZ (whatever) is the closest to that on the PC.

He should not hype it that much.

Rafux said:
He should not hype it that much.

You get his ass Rafux!

Around the Network

Come on is ND! I know is going to be GOTY 2013 but I think is better to under promise and over deliver.

While I do have the game pre-ordered and I am looking foward to the singleplayer, I just don't see multiplayer going anywhere. Maybe I am just cynical at this point, but I think that people will keep relying on their Call of Duty and Battlefield (which are fine multiplayer games that can be fun at times) while not bothering to try a new game. Maybe they will play it for a week or two, but they will just move on. 

Try playing Tomb Raider online (as an example of a recent successful game with multiplayer). I don't know how it is on PS3, but it is a ghost town on the Xbox 360 (for the most part at least there are a few people here and there).

Let me play as one of the clicker things with a really dark screen and sonar. Also, let me be really, really hard to kill. I would play that.

damn it aldro, now im hyped as fuck!

That's an arrogant thing to say. Anyway, I really can't wait for this game. ND hasn't disappointed me once.