By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ridiculous PR attempt from Microsoft?

They didn't chose Halo 2, twesterm. They chose Halo: Combat Evolved.

Edit: Doh, kingofwale beat me :/ 

Around the Network
gamingdevil said:
They didn't chose Halo 2, twesterm. They chose Halo: Combat Evolved.

My bad, I thought yall said they chose Halo 2.  My only guess there would be that Halo was specifically designed for DX9 in the same way DX10 was designed specifically for DX10.  Though I will admit, I am completely talking out of my ass now though I think I'm right. 

Well Halo 1 was designed for DX9 (aka Xbox 360) ;-p Just like Lost Planet had a few "very slight" improvements when it was ported to the PC and using DX10 over the 360 version.

You can see a lot of the very slight differences between DX9/DX10 if you check out pc review sites. One I like in particular for comparisons like that is HardOCP. I think Anandtech does comparisons, too, though I haven't checked out the site in awhile.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Shouldn't they compare Crysis in DirectX10 and Crysis in DirectX9, for apple to apple comparison?

nzone has a pretty good crysis video comparing DirectX10 and DirectX9
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_crysis_videos.html

breadie2 said:
Shouldn't they compare Crysis in DirectX10 and Crysis in DirectX9, for apple to apple comparison?

nzone has a pretty good crysis video comparing DirectX10 and DirectX9
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_crysis_videos.html

Reading the thread before commenting typically helps.

twesterm said:
Why would you call that stupid?

Do you think it would be a good idea to show two screenshots that look almost exactly alike to the normal person? Of course not, you want a game made for DX 9 and compare it against a game made for DX 10 and show the world how much better DX 10 is.

If any of you really think that is stupid then you have a lot to learn.

Around the Network
prlatino86 said:

Was fishing around today, trying to download some gamepad drivers and what not, came across the Direct X 10 page.

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/AboutGFW/Pages/directx10-a.aspx

whats ridiculous is at the bottom of the page, they try to compare the difference between DX9 and DX10 by putting 2 screenshots to compare. Similar shots, involving showing the faces of people, but what makes it essentially retarded is they used 2 different games to compare.

And even more assinine is the fact that they are comparing Crysis to Halo: Combat Evolved.....

does anyone see a major problem with comparing a game that was just released, to a game released on PC close to 3 years ago?

I see a problem with the fact that somebody out there will be stupid enough to buy it.

VGChartz forums: the new gamefaqs

It makes about as much sense as anyone thinking that dx10 will have better graphics than dx9 (or openGL for that matter).

It might support a few graphics card features that dx9 doesnt but it won't be an "upgrade" as far as the consumer s concerned.

Well, to be honest, i dont think they could have used Halo 2 because its another game they technically made that runs DX10. Still, i know ive seen shots before of the same game and comparisons between DX10 and DX9. Im confused why they dont use those sort of comparisons, rather then totally trying to pull a fast one on people.

flukus said:
It makes about as much sense as anyone thinking that dx10 will have better graphics than dx9 (or openGL for that matter).

It might support a few graphics card features that dx9 doesnt but it won't be an "upgrade" as far as the consumer s concerned.

Microsoft is trying to push DX10 like crazy because the only way to get it is on Vista.  Meaning if you want "better graphics", get Vista!!!  

....what a load of crap, haha.   

Sad, i went searching and found DX 9 vs 10 comparisons, using identical shots from Crysis itself. This is further proof of the further bs this story is, haha.

http://webpages.charter.net/bliss/

They tell you how it looks as if the developers purposely limit DX 9 features to make a bigger looking difference.