By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 is, and will be more successful than the 360.

Rath said:
PS3 has been upgraded heavily once and had its price slashed by $100 once. In the same time span the X360 did not get its price cut at all I don't think.

Thus I would say that the playing field is still actually even.

What if they ps3 had launched six months earlier in Europe, thus giving it six extra months of sales?

Around the Network

why all the ps3 will be the 360 threads lately??

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

makingmusic476 said:
Rath said:
PS3 has been upgraded heavily once and had its price slashed by $100 once. In the same time span the X360 did not get its price cut at all I don't think.

What if they ps3 had launched six months earlier in Europe, thus giving it six extra months of sales?

Indeed what if?

What if the Xbox 360 had launched a year later? What if the PS3 had launched a year earlier?

These comparisons don't really prove who is winning in my opinion. 

Bonafide732 said:
why all the ps3 will be the 360 threads lately??

No, no, no, this is not a "The PS3 will be the 360" this is the "Stop ignoring the fact that the 360 launched a year ahead" thread. I just thought will all the bashing the PS3 has recieved, and how everyone praises the 360, this might set them straight, and realize, the PS3 is doing better than there "Godly" console.

Also read the title of the thread "The PS3 IS, and WILL BE MORE successful than the 360"

*Yawn*

Paper beats rock. Scissors beat paper...

And Nintendo kicks all their asses.

Around the Network
Rath said:
makingmusic476 said:
Rath said:

Indeed what if?

What if the Xbox 360 had launched a year later? What if the PS3 had launched a year earlier?

You started the level playing field stuff. :P 

makingmusic476 said:
Rath said:
makingmusic476 said:
Rath said:

Indeed what if?

You started the level playing field stuff. :P

And indeed I believe it still is. They both still have a decent chance of beating the other. Personally I think that the PS3 will probably win out in the end but the answer is up in the air.

PDF said:
People saying its because ps3 price cut is bull in my opinon

You could just as easily argue the 360 had a full year by it'self there for it should of sold better with not competition.
You could also say the PS3 did better while staying more expensive than the 360 even if a price cut.
you could argue the PS3 had to deal with huge titles like GOW and Halo3 to battle against.

The Ps3 beat the 360 year to year with PS3 at more of a dissadvantage than the 360 had its year.

ps3 also had name  brand recognition, and  that resulted in360s first year being full of doubt

I remember all the "just wait for the ps3 man" when 360 came out because EVERYONE owned a ps2, and when ps3 came out with its price tag, things changed.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

PooperScooper said:
Let's see if PS3 has 16.5mil this time next year.

Nope, PS3 will have 20M+ this time next year.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Microsoft has gone from losing $1 billion per year to making a small profit.

If you think Microsoft will hesitate to go back to losing money the moment PS3 starts outselling by a wide margin, you are wrong.

I don't prefer 360 to PS3, I just think some people are misunderstanding what Microsoft is doing right now...it's relaxing because Sony left it a whole lot of breathing room.

I think maybe MS should have been more aggressive, I think a price cut earlier last year would have been a really good idea, but truthfully, 360 has maintained the same sales gap with PS3 since it launched...why not sit back and make some cash instead of taking losses just to earn an extra million sales?