By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - XBLA Download Limit is... Limiting

Goddbless said:
Kasz216 said:
I'm at a loss as to why people would want to play SF2 in HD. Is it really going to look that much better?

Maybe it's just because i'm a snob who abhores remakes and perfer re-releases.

I'm with you there but I do think MS should've raised the size limit to at least the size of a cd (700Mb).

...but the largest memory card (unit) is 512MB, so why would they make the limit 700MB? Previously it was 64MB, which is probably why the limit was 50MB before. An increase would be good though, to maybe 200-250MB. Then even if the games were that big you could still fit at least 2 on a 512MB memory card.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
This is why you make sure that every system has a hard drive.

I don't know why MS decided to come out with that core... It's going to (and has had) major reprocussions for them.

Actually the core has absolutely no effect on the XBLA game size limit.  Only people with a hard-drive can access live and play it's games......

Thanks for playing. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

DSLover said:
I wonder if ms will increase the limit anytime soon. If they did I would say it would be between 180MB-200MB. Although 250MB maybe more future-proof.

I lol'd when made the association between the 360 and future proof.

Gazz said:
So there might be a difference in size and quality between the PSN and Live version? Is there even a download limit on PSN for games? I got Syphon filter 1 the other day, but that one got installed on my PSP so that didn't count. I thought that people got a great network for the money they paid. Not something that kept a lid on things.

An arcade game of the 80/90's needs to be in 1080p because we can and it's not the 80's anymore. Th remake of the ford GT 40 didn't still have the crappy brakes now did it? Things advance.

The PSN has no size limit, one of the things I like about the PSN store because it allows for titles like Warhawk, GT Prolouge, Socom, Little Big Planet, etc.  

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Im %1000 sure that SOTN is bigger than 250MBs, so Im sure capcom just has to ask to up the limit.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling