By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - the xbox 360 successor will be.....

I don't think the ps3 will surpass the 360 ww for a while, the 360 does ok in europe, is the leader in america (right now), and disasterous in japan.

The ps3 does 20,000 more than 360 in europe (right now) and they have only about 2 mill. in japan.

If microsoft can keep hold of their european foothold, and do well in the us, even if sony has 2 mill. users in japan the 360 will stay ahead.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

it will have a 66% failure rate

One of the main ways Microsoft has been able to attract third party development to the XBox and XBox 360 is by producing a development environment that is so similar to a PC development environment. Although the rate has slowed, PC developers continue to take advantage of newer hardware and in the near future the XBox 360 will fall below the Minimum Requirements of many (and eventually most) PC games; at this point in time there will be very few "automatic" ports of PC games towards the XBox 360, and third party support will seem to dry up (as it did with the original XBox).

Auron said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
I think the new XBOX will come on 2013 or 2014 !
this XBOX will have 8 years or more ..
and over 50M .. which mean strong base for the new XBOX

I think we have shown with the PS3 and the N64 that a good strong base in one gen does not mean that it will transfer to the next.

I think you're probably right... execution and timing are key no matter what position a company commands in the previous generation.  The PS3 will be successful, but nowhere as successful as the commodity-priced PS2 was.  Perhaps Sony will unveil a strategy next gen that doesn't start the console in the stratosphere. 

iherduliekmudkip said:

hehe

I really do hope that MS learned from their mitakes

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
One of the main ways Microsoft has been able to attract third party development to the XBox and XBox 360 is by producing a development environment that is so similar to a PC development environment. Although the rate has slowed, PC developers continue to take advantage of newer hardware and in the near future the XBox 360 will fall below the Minimum Requirements of many (and eventually most) PC games; at this point in time there will be very few "automatic" ports of PC games towards the XBox 360, and third party support will seem to dry up (as it did with the original XBox).

I've heard this theory before.  While I'm not contesting it, I would be interested to see a graph over the original Xbox's life that shows 3rd party game release rates.  In other words, did PC ports play a minor or a major role in the 3rd party lineup for the xbox? 

iherduliekmudkip said:

@Mods

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this considered as SPAM?

rocketpig said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:

I'm hoping that the new Xbox releases before then and MS keeps the 360 production running for a year or two afterward, a la Sony's Plastation strategy.

360 will not be kept as long as the ps2 because the ps2 is well..... a ps2. its the highest selling system games are still dropping for it and microsoft should make the next system BC so it can play the old games but it will not be like a ps2.

i think xbox and ps3 should last a good 8 years. i mean people still do not have HD tvs and at a 199.99 dollar price point they will finally take off killingthe wii.

Krusnik said:
iherduliekmudkip said:

@Mods

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this considered as SPAM?

It's not spam but he was warned.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Dno said:
rocketpig said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:

I'm hoping that the new Xbox releases before then and MS keeps the 360 production running for a year or two afterward, a la Sony's Plastation strategy.

360 will not be kept as long as the ps2 because the ps2 is well..... a ps2. its the highest selling system games are still dropping for it and microsoft should make the next system BC so it can play the old games but it will not be like a ps2.

i think xbox and ps3 should last a good 8 years. i mean people still do not have HD tvs and at a 199.99 dollar price point they will finally take off killingthe wii.

Only the winning console of each gen last longer than 5 or 6 years, thats why neither MS or Ninty keep supporting the XBOX and GC after the release of the 360 and Wii...

And the "killing the Wii part", well when both consoles reach the $199.00 price tag, the Wii will be at 65-75 millions units sold, there is no comeback for any of them at that point...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."