By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DS described as "flop"

highwaystar101 said:

he's very intelligent

He thinks he is "PROPA GANGSTA" even though he was educated in a private school and has extremely rich parents.

Does not compute

Around the Network

Woooooooooooooow!!! need to bring him back to reality...must be in his own little world

superchunk said:
Sorry, but anyone who can't speak in any other fashion than ghetto slang cannot be considered intelligent. I wouldn't even argue with him based on how poorly he put together his verbal thoughts.

There is a time and place for everything. Ghetto slang is not appropriate for educational discussions. It just devalues everything you say.

Getting off-topic, but what if they're actualy from the ghetto? I've known very intelligent, uneducated people who talk in the same manner.

highwaystar101 said:

*edit* you guys know I love the PS3 and DS, but lets face it the PS3 may never be as profitable as the DS

Well one's a handheld and the other a powerhouse, one has old technology, the other a revolutionary processor, but, as Sony continues to reduce costs, we could see the PS3 become very profitable.

I pretty much agree with him. lol

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

It sounds like he needs to learn how to speak 'propa english'.

Desroko said:
superchunk said:
Sorry, but anyone who can't speak in any other fashion than ghetto slang cannot be considered intelligent. I wouldn't even argue with him based on how poorly he put together his verbal thoughts.

There is a time and place for everything. Ghetto slang is not appropriate for educational discussions. It just devalues everything you say.

Getting off-topic, but what if they're actualy from the ghetto? I've known very intelligent, uneducated people who talk in the same manner.

Intelligent, but uneducated, in what manner is he intelligent? Like, he could steal a car radio in 30 seconds?

no matter what, PS3 simply can't be as profitable as DS. DS = high sales + low production costs
PS3 = low sales + high prod costs

I'm sorry Desroko, but if you (not "you" per say but the hypothetical "you" doing the speaking) are incapable of stringing together a simple train of thought without falling into quasi-unintelligible slang (and that is what Ebonics is, let no one tell you otherwise), then you should expect to have your thoughts subject to mockery in the public forum. It has nothing to do with who you are or what you say; and believe me, I have met some highly intelligent people who, when they open their mouths, make English cry; but when in a proper discussion, it is best to lead with your best verbal foot forward, if only to let the listener know that you mean what you say, and you have the intelligence to back it up.
Amongst friends is one thing, but for someone to talk like that in an educational setting (i.e. a college) is shameful and, to my mind at least, borderline hypocritical.
Just my two cents (and to be fair, I am a writer, so I am more than a little biased).

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

You should have just told him..

"Yo, sucka! Da DS is hype! You'sa wack motherf***a!"

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY