By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Dominte World (2.4 billion soft and 410 million Hardware.)

About Nintendo
The worldwide innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its WiiTM, Nintendo DSTM, Game Boy® Advance and Nintendo GameCubeTM systems. Since 1983, Nintendo has sold nearly 2.4 billion video games and more than 409 million hardware units globally, and has created industry icons like MarioTM, Donkey Kong®, Metroid®, ZeldaTM and Pokémon®. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, visit the company's Web site at www.nintendo.ca.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/mmnr/Super_Mario_Galaxy/index.html 

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)

Around the Network

Nintendo ftw. They had a rough couple of era's so its nice tom see them doing so well. Plus with all this money they can re-invest and make even better games and even better consoles.

DSLover said:
Nintendo ftw. They had a rough couple of era's so its nice tom see them doing so well. Plus with all this money they can re-invest and make same games with smaller graphical updates and jump 1 gen backwards each gen.

fixed

Xbox360 and Ps3 owner

I spit in your mouth at nite

Psymatiq said:
DSLover said:
Nintendo ftw. They had a rough couple of era's so its nice tom see them doing so well. Plus with all this money they can pay SE to make a FF game, because everyone is tired of the 13 Zelda games and spin off Zelda games that Nintendo makes.

fixed

Now it's fixed.

I really get tired of reading that kind of stuff. Some people talk about the Mario games and Mario "spin-offs" which really only use Mario, but they are different games, yet when Final Fantasy 13 is coming out, they get excited and say how great it'll be. Also, weren't there suppose to be 13 FF spin offs to "celebrate" the 13th FF game or something like that. And if CrazzyMan were here, we'd get a nice list of PS3 games, including GTA4, FFVIII, GT5, etc. Notice anything? They have numbers at the end of their names, meaning they are the same game.

I won't get into the graphical thing. It's not really worth it. 

Big N is returning to the top with their innovative hardwares.
Go Nintendo!

100% Coritiba Foot Ball Club!

Around the Network

its too early to say that Nintendo is returning to the top...
it may look like it for now, but the Wii isn't a console of longevity.. it lacks the hardware and potential to last as long as the ps2 did and the ps3 will.
you guys'll see three years from now...

___O_o______ said:
its too early to say that Nintendo is returning to the top...
it may look like it for now, but the Wii isn't a console of longevity.. it lacks the hardware and potential to last as long as the ps2 did and the ps3 will.

These people are still around? I thought Crazzyman was the last PS3-domination diehard.

___O_o______ is the latest of the lot, Desroko. Rather determined to deny the impact of the Wii on gaming culture at large, he is.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Psymatiq said:
DSLover said:
Nintendo ftw. They had a rough couple of era's so its nice tom see them doing so well. Plus with all this money they can re-invest and make same games with smaller graphical updates and jump 1 gen backwards each gen.

fixed

Don't troll.  This is your warning.

___O_o______ said:
its too early to say that Nintendo is going to the top...
it may look like it for now, but the NES isn't a console of longevity.. it lacks the hardware and potential to last as long as thegaming PC's will.

Interesting how the same arguments exist decades later isn't it?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)