By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Lab (wii) interview...

no NATIVE 16:9 means that the image will look good on a widescreen but there will be black bars.

Around the Network

I was wondering if somebody made a thread for this yet. Here's a little teaser vid:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/959/959455/vid_2267286.html

Edit: Er, stay tuned to find out if Ringo really can embed the video! Anything could happen!

Edit edit: Ringo gives up and posts a link instead! What a twist!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

So this game is now near the top of my list for 2008. I have been absolutely obsessed with Monster Rancher over the years but that series is starting to wear thin. No this is not coming to the PS2 thank god. The graphics are looking good.

If the big third parties are going ot miss the boat, new groups are going to take advantage.

The battle mechanics will be key. In Monster Rancher they were easy but deep, with aditional moves learned over time, hopefully training of your monster will be a big aspect.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

sounds worth buying to see what it's like but why do I always get rattled when reading things like...

"Being a Wii game, there are many smaller quicker mini games, but they are a necessary (and fun!) part of the story and player progression."

does every developer think that it's necessary to include mini games to hold Wii owners attention span or am I just being reading into nothing?

Me said:
sounds worth buying to see what it's like but why do I always get rattled when reading things like...

"Being a Wii game, there are many smaller quicker mini games, but they are a necessary (and fun!) part of the story and player progression."

does every developer think that it's necessary to include mini games to hold Wii owners attention span or am I just being reading into nothing?

I flinched a little but in a game like this it does make sense(monster rancher has lots of small games for trining hte monster etc.) 

I do hope though that message was more a marketing attempt than a development focus. 

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Around the Network
naznatips said:
dabaus513 said:
Im not a big fan of the wii's games but this looks promising. It reminds of a cool monster rancher. Ill check it out when it comes to the ps2.

Don't troll.

don't spam ( no offence, kidding, obviously referring to the ridiculous 4 words rule )

I have been waiting for news about this game in such a long time. Looks really cool.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Looks vaguely interesting, if it turns out to be Pokemon crossed with a fighter. Though no 16:9 does suck ass.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

its reminds me of Spore which is a good thing, but if they screw this up or do a half-ass job of it, well......Amazing Island anyone?

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989