By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Metro: Last Light PC specs

Tagged games:

Captain_Tom said:
Pemalite said:
Gaming PC: Core i7 3930K 6 Cores/12 Threads @ 4.8ghz | 32gb Quad-Channel DDR3 1866mhz | 3x Radeon 7970 3gb | 3x 27" Dell IPS in Eyefinity - 7680x1440 Resolution. | Asus Sabertooth X79 | Custom Water | Corsair AX 1200i | Corsair C70 | Logitech G19 |

I'm sorry me and my brother saw your signature and just laughed... That's inane man!

That's insane? It's not even the fastest system on these forums. :P

RazorDragon said:
Well, a few games have already stated GTS 250/similar card and 2GB RAM as minimum and I can still play them on high settings. Of course, my GPU(GTS 450) is a little better than a GTS 250, but still, it's puzzling.

Yeah System requirements can be a little derp and always ignore the vram requirement, a current low-end card will *never* use 2gb of memory, it would scream "I'm a teapot!" if it even tried.
Tomb Raider for example had the Radeon 4870 and Geforce 480 as the recommended cards, the Geforce is almost double the performance, Direct X 11 instead of 10, made me scratch my head at any rate.
So, take them with a grain of salt.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I just hope this time around performance will improve for Nvidia cards.

current sprecs;  I2600k@4.9gig,  8gig Gskill 1866mgh, gtx680 4gigvram.1tbhd.

CGI-Quality said:

Maybe not, but it's up there. I know between myself, you, Taichoma, and Dahuman, someone is King (likely Taichoma with her Quad SLI GTX Titan set-up).

Yeah, those Titans would dominate me, especially in synthetics.

Pemalite said:
CGI-Quality said:

Maybe not, but it's up there. I know between myself, you, Taichoma, and Dahuman, someone is King (likely Taichoma with her Quad SLI GTX Titan set-up).

Here is the best chart I found for titan sli performance

http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4031/29/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-3-way4-way-sli-review-incl-5760x1080-and-frametimes-how-many-titans-do-you-need

Looking at this, having 4 titans is one of the biggest money wasting things you can do. Especially when consodering they are no good for rendering and encoding so gaming is all they are for.

CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
Pemalite said:
CGI-Quality said:

http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4031/29/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-3-way4-way-sli-review-incl-5760x1080-and-frametimes-how-many-titans-do-you-need

Looking at this, having 4 titans is one of the biggest money wasting things you can do. Especially when consodering they are no good for rendering and encoding so gaming is all they are for.

Good Lord, Titan Quad SLI just to keep at least 60FPS in 2033? Yeah, no thanks! :P

That is in 5760x1080 res but atill...its rediculous.

Around the Network
disolitude said:

They would still be awesome for benching and decreasing your homes heating costs. :P

Also, 4x Titans didn't perform to badly at 5760x1080 with 4x AA in Crysis 3 either, which is probably one of the more shader-heavy games right now, should translate into a larger performance divide at my resolution with more AA.

CGI-Quality said:

I'm actually thinking about selling off my 690 and picking up 2-3 Titans. Issue is, the 700 series may release and two 780s would not only be cheaper, but perform better.

I was in a similar boat.
But instead I sold my 7970's and hunted around for 3x reference 7970's and threw them under water, still not satisfied though.

I actually need more GPU grunt, just nothing is actually worth the price in my opinion, Roll on the Radeon 8000/Geforce 700 series already, I can't take another entire year!

CGI-Quality said:
Pemalite said:
Captain_Tom said:
Pemalite said:
Gaming PC: Core i7 3930K 6 Cores/12 Threads @ 4.8ghz | 32gb Quad-Channel DDR3 1866mhz | 3x Radeon 7970 3gb | 3x 27" Dell IPS in Eyefinity - 7680x1440 Resolution. | Asus Sabertooth X79 | Custom Water | Corsair AX 1200i | Corsair C70 | Logitech G19 |

I'm sorry me and my brother saw your signature and just laughed... That's inane man!

Not me lol, I just have balanced systems for the tasks that I do. I might have very efficient setups and burn out PCs for fun, but never the most powerful or fastest. :P I've actually scaled back from tri monitor setup to like dual and only use 1 for gaming now. The video card upgrades are tempting but I think I can hold out for another year or 2, hopefully. >.<;

CGI-Quality said:
Pemalite said:

They would still be awesome for benching and decreasing your homes heating costs. :P

Also, 4x Titans didn't perform to badly at 5760x1080 with 4x AA in Crysis 3 either, which is probably one of the more shader-heavy games right now, should translate into a larger performance divide at my resolution with more AA.

CGI-Quality said:

I'm actually thinking about selling off my 690 and picking up 2-3 Titans. Issue is, the 700 series may release and two 780s would not only be cheaper, but perform better.

I was in a similar boat.
But instead I sold my 7970's and hunted around for 3x reference 7970's and threw them under water, still not satisfied though.

I actually need more GPU grunt, just nothing is actually worth the price in my opinion, Roll on the Radeon 8000/Geforce 700 series already, I can't take another entire year!

I need more grunt too! Crazy, because people told me I wouldn't. And I hear it about the current line-up of cards, roll on what's next (though I admit, I still prefer GeForce cards to Radeon).

Superior software engineering is a good reason to stick with Nvidia.

CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:
CGI-Quality said:
Pemalite said:

Not me lol, I just have balanced systems for the tasks that I do. I might have very efficient setups and burn out PCs for fun, but never the most powerful or fastest. :P I've actually scaled back from tri monitor setup to like dual and only use 1 for gaming now. The video card upgrades are tempting but I think I can hold out for another year or 2, hopefully. >.<;

After this Fall, my next big upgrade won't be till the Volta cards come out. Unless AMD can sway my thinking, that's what I'll be waiting on.

Also, the only thing that I think keeps your PC from one of the top, having a second glance, is the graphics card set-up. Otherwise, you have a strong build there.

Single card dual GPU Maxwell level for me(Nvidia or AMD, whichever is faster at the time of my eventual purchase), Volta is 2016(prolly gonna be delayed lol....) and I won't be able to hold off for that long. New bottlenecks will be introduced with DRAM stacking though, might have to build a new system past Maxwell to max the effciency of the GPU in that case.

PS: and yes, the plan was so all I'd need is toss in a new GPU or 2 since when I got the 6950s, the 7xxx weren't even out yet lol.

dahuman said:
CGI-Quality said:
Pemalite said:
Captain_Tom said:
Pemalite said:

I'm in the same boat. Machines that are balanced are the way to go... I could outspend most people when it comes to computer gear but then so what? I am just blowing money and not putting it to use...I'd rather spend money on cool things like a new Honda Shadow motorcycle i plan to buy soon.

I also like to try new things and tinker with stuff. For example, I plan to disable 4 cores on my new FX8350 and attempt to push past 5 Ghz. With all 8 cores 4.8 seems to be the best people are getting.