By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Cross Review: Tomodachi Collection, Seventh Dragon, Naruto, etc

Famitsu's latest round of Cross Review scores are out for upcoming games in Japan! A panel of four reviewers submit their scores for a maximum of 40 points.

3DS Tomodachi Collection - 9/9/9/9

3DS Oshare de Kawaii Koinu to Asobo! - 7/7/7/7

PSP Amnesia Crowd - 8/8/8/8

PSP Seventh Dragon 2020-II - 9/9/9/9

PSP Getsuei no Kusari - 7/7/7/7

PSP Magi-jong Academy Chrono Magic - 6/7/5/7

PS3 Army of Two: Devil's Cartel - 8/7/7/7

360 Army of Two: Devil's Cartel - 8/7/7/7

PS3 Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - 10/10/10/9

360 Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - 10/10/10/9

Around the Network

Sucks how we never get any of SEGA's good games

Seventh Dragon 2020-II - 9/9/9/9? Wow, looks like I need to read a bit more about this game. A lot of the PSP games I just assume are visual novels and the like so I don't really follow them.

And a near perfect score for Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3? Wah. Not a Naruto fan but it must be a well made game.

pokoko said:
Seventh Dragon 2020-II - 9/9/9/9? Wow, looks like I need to read a bit more about this game. A lot of the PSP games I just assume are visual novels and the like so I don't really follow them.

And a near perfect score for Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3? Wah. Not a Naruto fan but it must be a well made game.

7th Dragon is like a future Tokyo Dragon Quest.

pokoko said:

I'm a MASSIVE Naruto fan and I've been playing the game since it launched. I really like the game. Story mode is very in depth and epic. The presentation is eye-meltingly good. Unfortunately there is a TON of recycled content from the previous games, mostly the characters that you can play as and not that many new additions. The fighting mechanics also do not have too much depth, leading to a somewhat button mash type of experience. That is especially visible to someone like myself who plays a lot of fighters, especially ones that appear in tournaments like EVO.

That said, it's a very good game for a Naruto fan to have fun with. But I don't think it deserves a near perfect score. It's more somewhere between a 7-8 as opposed to 9-10 from my perspective.

Oh and nice Oreshura siggy. I think it is. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Around the Network

PSP still gets the occasional good RPG. Last year Sol Trigger and Conception really stood out to me. This year it seems like Seventh Dragon and Summon Night 5 are going to take the PSP spotlight, for now.

BaldrSkies said:
PSP still gets the occasional good RPG. Last year Sol Trigger and Conception really stood out to me. This year it seems like Seventh Dragon and Summon Night 5 are going to take the PSP spotlight, for now.

Any chance of these things ever getting localised? I saw the latest RPG Sword Art Online Infinity Moment come out on PSP that really caught my attention given I'm a big fan of the SAO franchise. But chances of the game ever getting localised in the west is close to none.

UltimateUnknown said:
BaldrSkies said:

Any chance of these things ever getting localised? I saw the latest RPG Sword Art Online Infinity Moment come out on PSP that really caught my attention given I'm a big fan of the SAO franchise. But chances of the game ever getting localised in the west is close to none.

Unfortunately in the eyes of both Japanese developers and foreign localizers, it seems PSP is dead overseas. Maybe digital distribution could still happen. Sol Trigger and Summon Night might have a chance, but the rest seem doubtable. It seems neither of the previous two Seventh Dragon games have been brought out of Japan, and the first one was on DS... Conception is probably too touchy for a Western audience, and Sword Art Online is just an anime fanservice game and would be far too niche overseas.

UltimateUnknown said:
BaldrSkies said:

I myself too was hyped for this game as a SAO fan until the days it actually got released. Tons of bad reviews, and sucking gameplay all over youtube. Anyways, I still hope for a localisation with a review of gameplay and graphics for vita along with 7th dragon, Valkyria, summon night.. We won't hope for a psp localisation; It's unfortunatly a dead console here..

Wow, nice for Naruto.

Very good scores for 7th Dragon and Tomodachi, too. I've never quite understood what 7th Dragon was going for. It seemed like a mismash of artstyles and ideas. Shame I'll never get chance to try out any of the games in English!

Idea Factory seem to have been making Amnesia visual novels for a while now. Hope we start to see more localisation-friendly stuff from them in the future.