By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favourite CHEAT for a videogame?

Or again for N64 (age of the cheats perhaps?) Star Wars episode 1 podracer had a cheat that let you enter the debug mode, so you could change the speed and accelleration of the craft etc.

at the same time you could enter a cheat that made the craft follow a set path so you did not have to steer, so put that cheat on then use debug mode to crank speed up to 2000, you can do laps of some circuits in seconds :)

Around the Network

Konami code

Monty on the run for Commodore 64: 'iwanttocheat' = invincibility

I dont really use cheats. But one cheat that i always thought was cool was for Jedi Knight 2: Outcast on PC. There was a code in the console command script you could put in to give the game realistic dismemberment physics. Was pretty badass when you ran fighting people in lightsaber duels and being able to cut their hands off or even decapitate them.

It even showed the wounds to be cauterized. It was pretty intensive actually. It really must have been in the original coding in the game and then later removed to keep the rating of Teen, because it was really well polished.

Another cheat of course for the N64 which I like is the invincibility cheat and the high speed cheat for the multiplayer of RUSH 2. With these cheats was it now possible to make 100 loopings and rotations in just one jump (you have to use the small colored pads). It's so cool when your car is like half a minute in the air and you're hoping it won't fall on the roof because that would explode the car despite the invincibility cheat!

Around the Network

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A

Forgot to mention the Age of Mythology (Age of Empires) cheats: I liked that they added some cool special units like the "laser-bear" or the "boy with the dungfork" or in the earlier Age of Empires the different cars. But then it was just to simple and boring, but the first time I saw them I got really excited...

Here are the instructions on how to get to it:

Secret Level
About halfway through Level Ate, you will find three sets of forks positioned just to the right of a horizonatal piece of bacon. Use the Snott-Chute to float between the bacon and the left fork. You will enter a secret level called ''Forked.''

Not really a "cheat" cheat, but it's a secret level from an old but amusing game and that description amuses me to no end.

"i am weak"
"power to the masses"

both SC3K cheats. "i am weak" to build a city without any costs and "power to the masses" because I couldn't wait until the last power plant (dunno the name in english, the game was fully localized)

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

The Konami Code and the blood code in Mortal Kombat (Genesis).