By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony dropping th 80GB in favor of 120-160GB with Dual Shock 3

how many sku's can Sony make … man

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network
XGamer0611 said:
Good for Sony to created a PS3 with bigger storage. I still think this is in response to the XB360 Elite which boast a 120 GB HDD.

The problem with Sony is they have a bunch of SKUs on the market now. Also, current PS3 owners will feel jaded since a bigger drive and DS3. Am I supposed go out and buy another PS3? I think not.

Sony has stated that their primary focus is to boaden their PS3 user base. I doubt they're thinking about their current fanbase feeling jaded.  Their current user base isn't the problem...

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

4 sku's in a year. Should we expect a total of 8 sku's by the end of '08?

as long as bc is back in i am gold, also b.c it has to do with playing ps2 games

god i love her , (thats my daughter)

mesoteto said:
as long as bc is back in i am gold, also b.c it has to do with playing ps2 games

god i love her , (thats my daughter)

fatherhood at it's best. she's a beautiful baby!

Around the Network

i was playing ff10 and she was just talking away to me (well she only 1month old so it was more like cooing) so i handed her the controler and grabbed the cam

dolemit3 said:
More rumors and speculation.

Arstechnica has been accurate every single time they've posted something like this about the PS3 with their source.

Keeping their pricing the same is a mistake.  If they're doing a move like this, they're doing it to increase sales of the more expensive unit in an effort to improve their bottom line.  Look at Microsoft: the "Elite" is $100 extra for some black paint, and people are still buying it. 

Well that would make alot more sense, I really thought Sony had lost their marbles after hearing the 80 gig dropped.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

120/160GB PS3 + Dualshock 3 controller packed in + Both CPU/GPU @ 65nm + packed in game + B/C +whole package for 500 bucks = awesome deal and one that I would definitely buy on day one.

Didn't the head honcho of Sony mock M$ for having too many different sku's awhile back?

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-