By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Mama im Comin Home - Ozzy Osbourne

Around the Network
fkusumot said:
okr said:
fkusumot said:

Return of the Grievous Angel - Gram Parsons

This, sir, is a good one.

Thanks! If you were making a mix tape (or CD, or whatever, I'm old) what songs would you have before and after Gram Parsons? I thought that might be an interesting tangent for this thread, discussing music. I've been reminded of a lot of good songs reading this thread and it's also inspired me to listened to some good stuff that I had never heard before. Anyways...

Cry Me a River - Julie London

It's funny that you're talking about mix tapes. I was just making videogame score mix tape for my nephew today (actually, a mix CD - he would just silently shake his head in juvenile desperation if I handed him a tape).

He was very pleased with my little present, hope he also likes those, he doesn't know yet. Here's the tracklist:

01 Monster Hunter - Main Theme.mp3
02 Chrono Trigger - Main Theme.mp3
03 Albert Odyssey - Main Theme.mp3
04 Final Fantasy III - Main Theme (風の追憶 ~悠久の風伝説).mp3
05 Final Fantasy IV - Theme of Love.mp3
06 Final Fantasy V - Main Theme.mp3
07 Kirby's Super Deluxe - Medley.mp3
08 Monkey Island - Opening Theme.mp3
09 Nobunaga's Ambition - Distant Mountains.mp3
10 Romance of the 3 Kingdoms - Sangokushi's Theme.mp3
11 Shadow of the Colossus - Revived Power (Battle).mp3
12 Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana) - Fear of the Angels.mp3
13 Seiken Densetsu 3 - Meridian Child.mp3
14 SimCity (Japan) - Village.mp3
15 Uncharted Waters II - Visiting the Harbors of the World.mp3
16 Super Mario Brothers - Medley.mp3
17 Wizardry III (Japan) - Adventurer's Inn.mp3
18 Wizardy V (Japan) - Opening Theme.mp3
19 Great Strategy Expert- Soldier's Walk Soldier's Rhapsody.mp3
20 Zelda - Link's Awakening - Main Theme.mp3
(not all main themes listed are actually main themes, but I renamed some of them to be able to put the track names along with the composers names on my handwritten CD inlay). 

As for your question reg. Gram Parsons - 4 songs came instantly to my mind:

Everything is wrong - Dakota Suite

Mr. Bojangles - Sammy Davis Jr.

Drake  - Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man  (I was just listening to this song some minutes ago)

Joanna - Scott Walker

okr said:
fkusumot said:

Thanks! If you were making a mix tape (or CD, or whatever, I'm old) what songs would you have before and after Gram Parsons? I thought that might be an interesting tangent for this thread, discussing music. I've been reminded of a lot of good songs reading this thread and it's also inspired me to listened to some good stuff that I had never heard before. Anyways...

Cry Me a River - Julie London

It's funny that you're talking about mix tapes. I was just making videogame score mix tape for my nephew today (actually, a mix CD - he would just silently shake his head in juvenile desperation if I handed him a tape).

He was very pleased with my little present, hope he also likes those, he doesn't know yet. Here's the tracklist:

01 Monster Hunter - Main Theme.mp3

As for your question reg. Gram Parsons - 4 songs came instantly to my mind:

Everything is wrong - Dakota Suite

Mr. Bojangles - Sammy Davis Jr.

Drake - Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man (I was just listening to this song some minutes ago)

Joanna - Scott Walker

Wow, that's an awesome video game tracklist! I like all your recommendations. I don't think I've heard that Joanna song for 35 years or so. Totally forgot about that one. Mr. Bojangles is a very logical song to go with The Grievous Angel but I think I prefer the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band version. Thanks!

Now I'm listening to:

Mr. Bojangles - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

Hell - Disturbed

Prostitute flange - lil wayne

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Around the Network

video game music - Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes Soundtrack: Man VS Machine 2

youtube it, it's good!

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Pain Redefined - Disturbed

5 Minutes Alone - Pantera

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Poetry Man - Phoebe Snow

fkusumot said:
okr said:
fkusumot said:

Wow, that's an awesome video game tracklist! I like all your recommendations. I don't think I've heard that Joanna song for 35 years or so. Totally forgot about that one. Mr. Bojangles is a very logical song to go with The Grievous Angel but I think I prefer the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band version. Thanks!

Now I'm listening to:

Mr. Bojangles - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

Didn't know this version. Searched for it:

YouTube Music Videos 60s 70s - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Mr ...

Listened to it. Beautiful!

This thread is great! Keep it alive, folks.

Last track I'm hearing tonight:

Opening Titles - The Dark Crystal OST, Trevor Jones (Composer)

For now, goodnight, music lovers all over the world!