By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that Christmas provides a boost in all regions and for all consoles. And it was first week sales. If 840k is bad, what is 208k that DMC4 did? Terrible?
Compared to what? To Final Fantasy of Dragon Quest? Yeah. Compared to other games of the same genres, pretty good.
As to the Mariofans that bought SMG already. Obviously they did.
FINALLY, AFTER 10 PAGES.
That's why I think SMG will get to 1.5 million by the end of the year. That's way more than SMS did in Japan.
It won`t reach even 1.5 mln. Wishful thinking.
So let's see how they match up. I'll make a thread.
No answers? =)) Ok, atleast you got the POINT about SMG/SMS and mariofans + wii. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
As to the Mariofans that bought SMG already. Obviously they did.
FINALLY, AFTER 10 PAGES.
That's why I think SMG will get to 1.5 million by the end of the year. That's way more than SMS did in Japan.
It won`t reach even 1.5 mln. Wishful thinking.
So let's see how they match up. I'll make a thread.
No answers? =)) Ok, atleast you got the POINT about SMG/SMS and mariofans + wii. =)

Did you read the rest of that paragraph? I said, most fans of any game will go out and buy it within the first few weeks, and then sales will die. Take a look at this graph. It shows SMG vs FFX in Japan. FFX starts off WAY better, but by the 5th week is selling less than SMG, then by the 14th week (same as SMG) it's selling less than half of what SMG is. Conclusion: FFfans buy the game first week. So whatever FFXIII sells first week, that's about all it's going to sell. The point is that all games sell really well the first few weeks, and then drop. Even popular games like FF. ALL GAMES PERIOD. EVEN SMG. PERIOD. But that doesn't mean it won't continue selling, and doesn't mean it won't reach 1.5 million. It only has to sell 5k every week to get to that. It's doing 8k this week. It should maintain at least 5k.

And no answers to what? To what happens if sales tail off at SSB:M sales? I don't know. What are you going to say when they don't tail off? 

Crazy you really need a girlfriend.

Here ill buy you a hooker and you can talk about sony to her.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

FUN WITH NUMBERS

Let me show you some numbers.  (My numbers, let me show you them.)
Total Melee sales in Japan:  1.44m
Melee sales after one week:  360,070
M+2: 423,913 (+63,843) (-82.27% S) (+17.73% T)
M+3: 478,667 (+54,754) (-14.24% S) (+12.92% T)
M+4: 561,578 (+82,911) (+51.42% S) (+17.32% T)
M+5: 715,125 (+153,647) (+85.32% S) (+27.36% T)
M+6: 835,839 (+120,714) (-21.43% S) (+16.88% T)
M+7: 950,242 (+114,403) (-05.23% S) (+13.69% T)
M+8: 976,475 (+26,233) (-77.07% S) (+02.76% T)
M+9: 996,675 (+20,200) (-23.00% S) (+02.07% T)
M+10: 1,010,609 (+13,934) (-31.02% S) (+01.38% T)
M+11: 1,023,775 (+13,166) (-05.97% S) (+01.29% T)
M+12: 1,034,573 (+10,798) (-17.99% S) (+01.04% T)

Obviously Christmas / New Year's has massively affected this data but let's assume Brawl will see a drop of 83% for second week and 15% per week thereafter.  Applying that model to SSBM first week sales gives us 12th week sales of 10243.  Pretty damn close -- and on the low end, just like you like it, eh? 

Total Brawl sales in Japan after one week:  840,000
B+2:  982,800 (+142,800)
B+3:  1104180 (+121380)
B+4:  1207353 (+103173)
B+5:  1295050 (+87697)
B+6:  1369592 (+74542)
B+7:  1432953 (+63361)
B+8:  1486810 (+53857)
B+9:  1532588 (+45778)
B+10:  1571500 (+38912)

In this model Brawl just barely misses outselling Melee LTD in 7 weeks.

Keep in mind wide reports of supply constraint for Brawl in Japan, so these numbers may be higher if Nintendo can pump them out fast enough.  

(To those in the know:  Am I overlooking something?  Is my model just stupid?  Do higher-selling games drop off faster, or does it depend more on the game?)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Lol Weezy that's messed up.

GF- "The PS3 will dominate this year"
Crazy-  "ooooh that's so hot, don't STOP"
GF - "Wii is only for mario boys"
Crazy - "oh yeah that's it"
GF - "FINAL FANTASY XIII"
Crazy- "Herrraugh! =)))))))))"

Around the Network
weezy said:
Guys, careful.

Vgcharts might have its first casualty due to Crazy forgetting to breath while he types.

I picture Crazy's face red and about to cry whenever he types.. why?

LOLLOLOL

MynameisGARY

That Guy said:

Crazy-  "ooooh that's so hot, don't STOP"

ROFL!!!!

Crazy is feeling ashamed right now

everything is gonna be ok crazy. Sony will have its day to shine again. :)

when crazy gets mad i doubt he types with this fingers ..he just bangs his keyboard on his head while screaming MARIOBOOOYS!!@@!!@

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
That Guy said:

Crazy- "ooooh that's so hot, don't STOP"

ROFL!!!!

Crazy is feeling ashamed right now

everything is gonna be ok crazy. Sony will have its day to shine again. :)

when crazy gets mad i doubt he types with this fingers ..he just bangs his keyboard on his head while screaming MARIOBOOOYS!!@@!!@

HAHAHA you 2 just made my day. LOL. all those smiley faces he puts everywhere in his posts are all lies

OT: assuming that the only people who buy brawl are the marioboys who bought galaxy, it will drop to 15k in japan next week.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

I truly feel bad for Crazzyman. Crazzyman comes off as uncultred and stuck in his own little, puny bubble. I highly doubt Crazzy has much of a social life and gets out much. I feel Crazzyman doesn't win at life very often, so we should let this dog have his day. Crazzyman, you are the winner. Congratulations.

"=)))))"

AU FOREVER

Bozotheclown said:
I truly feel bad for Crazzyman. Crazzyman comes off as uncultred and stuck in his own little, puny bubble. I highly doubt Crazzy has much of a social life and gets out much. I feel Crazzyman doesn't win at life very often, so we should let this dog have his day. Crazzyman, you are the winner. Congratulations.

"=)))))"

OMG that was ROFLROFLROFLROLROFL.

I love this bozo

MynameisGARY