By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

vaio said:
450+ posts later and the discussion is at the same place as it was when the tread started.

It has to be some kind of record in "not getting it" if now in the guiness record books then at least for VGC.

I think CrazzyMan's PS2 vs PS3 thread that he has in his sig has gone on just as long. And it went backwards.

Around the Network

Wow so it might get worse from here on

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

And don't tell me it's because of smaller userbase or lack of good games. Find another excuse.
Well, it`s a FACT, NOT excuse. While, you Christmas declain is only opinion, otherwise why SSBB did 840k after Christmas??? First week? and what next? 10k?
And I dont think SMG will reach 2 million in Japan. I never said that. And you want to know why? Different region, different tastes. Japanese don't like 3d platformers as much as the west do.
THOSE who like are MARIOFANS. They bought already the game, they bought already the Wii. FINALLY.

What will be YOUR excuse, when SSBB will reach SBM numbers in next 10-12 weeks in Japan, and then DROP like SMG?
Ok, you think, it won`t, BUT, if it will, WHAT YOU WILL SAY THEN???

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
]THOSE who like are MARIOFANS. They bought already the game, they bought already the Wii.

Once again...

:)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Hmm. By my calculations, maybe we are lost in translation here?... How do you say fail in Dumbass?

AU FOREVER

Around the Network

ROFL^

fail is universal, even if you are a "dumbass"

MynameisGARY

Bozotheclown said:
Hmm. By my calculations, maybe we are lost in translation here?... How do you say fail in Dumbass?

I am not sure but I think you say it twice and as fast as possible, Dumbassdumbass.

That should get the job done but i suspect that dumbass x 2 is Albert Einstein compared to crazzy

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

CrazzyMan said:
And don't tell me it's because of smaller userbase or lack of good games. Find another excuse.
Well, it`s a FACT, NOT excuse. While, you Christmas declain is only opinion, otherwise why SSBB did 840k after Christmas??? First week? and what next? 10k?
And I dont think SMG will reach 2 million in Japan. I never said that. And you want to know why? Different region, different tastes. Japanese don't like 3d platformers as much as the west do.
THOSE who like are MARIOFANS. They bought already the game, they bought already the Wii. FINALLY.

What will be YOUR excuse, when SSBB will reach SBM numbers in next 10-12 weeks in Japan, and then DROP like SMG?
Ok, you think, it won`t, BUT, if it will, WHAT YOU WILL SAY THEN???

I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that Christmas provides a boost in all regions and for all consoles. And it was first week sales. If 840k is bad, what is 208k that DMC4 did? Terrible?

As to the Mariofans that bought SMG already. Obviously they did. Fans of games buy the game pretty quickly after it comes out, but lots of people are going to pick it up that aren't "fans" of Mario... yet. It's like when FFXIII comes out. You're not going to wait more than a few weeks at best to get it are you? So when sales of the game drop to 25k a week after 20 weeks, does that mean it's not going to sell anymore? Of course not. If a game sells 5k in a region (like SMG is now in Japan) for a year, it'll sell an additional 500k more. That's why I think SMG will get to 1.5 million by the end of the year. That's way more than SMS did in Japan.

And we won't have to wait 10-12 weeks for SSB:B to reach SSB:M in Japan. It might happen next week. Possibly the week after that. First week sales in Japan for SSB:B have already doubled SSB:M first week sales. And actually, according to this graph, SSB:M sold most (95%) of it's units in the first 8 weeks. So let's see how they match up. I'll make a thread.

crazy passed out. he'll regain conscious and throw another "crazy comeback" at us

ROFL

MynameisGARY

Here's a reason for why SMG is at around 1 million in Japan:

DIFFERENT TASTES, DIFFERENT REGIONS =))