By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

Crazy, I think, passed out forgeting to breath..he does this quite often.

he'll be back.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

@Stever89,

So will, SMG reach 2 mln. by the end of this year in Japan or NOT. If not, WHY?
How can you explain, that on Wii, which reached 5 mln. in Japan, while GC only 4, SMG did only over 10k more then SMS and SO FAST. And after that, FAST drooped in sales. Just because of Christmas? Find another excuse.

SMG reached FAST SMS numbers, because Wii sold faster then GC did, because it`s 5 mln. vs 4 mln., because Almost ALL mariofans ALREADY bought Wii in Japan.
SMG droped sales so FAST, because all Mariofans bought Wii, AND even if Wii will reach 10 mln. in Japan, SMG won`t reach 2 mln., because game bought mostly ONLY by mariofans.

IF you have FACTS, which will DENY my statements, you are free to use them.

About others, the increase is like 20%, so it 80% left for mariofans. It`s kind a success there in europe, where GC did only 4.8 mln. with todays 6.7 mln. wii, that means, in europe there were more casual gamers instead of non-gamers, then expected to be. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I dont get it crazy.. SMG will sell over 15 million in its lifetime.

What are you trying to tell us? that you dont like Super Mario Galaxy?

LOL?

MynameisGARY

@weezy, wanna bet on 100$, that SMG won`t reach 2 mln. by the end of this year in Japan? =))
LOL.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

why are you so infatuated by Japan numbers?

They are low to begin with for every game

Just look at the top selling ps3 game in Japan. :)

http://vgchartz.com/japtotals.php?name=&console=PS3&maker=&disp=Japanese+Name&boxartz=1

ROFL :)

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

Just take a breather Crazy.

I can see the steam blowing out of your ears form Southern Cal.

Dont get mad SMG is a great game :)

MynameisGARY

CrazzyMan said:
@Stever89,

So will, SMG reach 2 mln. by the end of this year in Japan or NOT. If not, WHY?
How can you explain, that on Wii, which reached 5 mln. in Japan, while GC only 4, SMG did only over 10k more then SMS and SO FAST. And after that, FAST drooped in sales. Just because of Christmas? Find another excuse.

SMG reached FAST SMS numbers, because Wii sold faster then GC did, because it`s 5 mln. vs 4 mln., because Almost ALL mariofans ALREADY bought Wii in Japan.
SMG droped sales so FAST, because all Mariofans bought Wii, AND even if Wii will reach 10 mln. in Japan, SMG won`t reach 2 mln., because game bought mostly ONLY by mariofans.

IF you have FACTS, which will DENY my statements, you are free to use them.

About others, the increase is like 20%, so it 80% left for mariofans. It`s kind a success there in europe, where GC did only 4.8 mln. with todays 6.7 mln. wii, that means, in europe there were more casual gamers instead of non-gamers, then expected to be. =)

I just want to point out that SMG sold more in Japan than just about every single game the PS3 has world wide. SSB:B is will as well. And don't tell me it's because of smaller userbase or lack of good games. Find another excuse.

And I dont think SMG will reach 2 million in Japan. I never said that. And you want to know why? Different region, different tastes. Japanese don't like 3d platformers as much as the west do.

I already pointed out that the fast drop happened at the end of the holiday season, which just happened to go with the point at which SMG reached SMS sales in Japan. Also, just because the Wii has more units in Japan than GC did means very little when SMG has only been out for 14 weeks, while SMS has been out for a long time. At this point in SMS life (14 weeks out), SMS had sold in Japan 700k, and over the next 2 years sold 200k more. It's important to remember that the GC userbase went from like 2 million to 4 million from the point at which SMS was released until the end of the generation. So it sold 200k more with an increase of 2 million units. SMS only did about 1k average per week after it's first 14 weeks. If SMG does 5 times that (5k per week), then it should reach 1.5 million in Japan by the end of the year.

And if you have FACTS besides "the mariofans have bought SMG, it'll stop selling now," please use them. 

Correction SMG in THREE months has outsold every ps3 game

MynameisGARY

450+ posts later and the discussion is at the same place as it was when the tread started.

It has to be some kind of record in "not getting it" if now in the guiness record books then at least for VGC.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Or crazyman cant accept the truth..

MynameisGARY