By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

"OK, simple question, WHY SMG STOPED selling"

stick a fork in him hes done.

ROFL

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
@Stever89, well maybe because all what nintedo have, it`s mario games, pokemon games and zelda + casual stuff like wii sport/wii play/wii fit and brain training.

In that case, Wii fail as gamign machine for casual gamers, which don`t care much about mario games. =)
Well, that`s pretty interesting then, but wee need more data. =]

OK, simple question, WHY SMG STOPED selling(like wii sports/wii play) in Japan after it reached SMS Numbers? =)

Wow this might be really hard to comprehend, and if it wasn't for the fact that I know you're being serious, I wouldn't even bother answering.

The Japanese celebrate New Years more than Christmas, at least the New Years week is usually bigger than the Christmas week. Week ending Jan 06 (which includes Dec 31st): SMG 73k; Week ending Jan 13: SMG 17k; That is a pretty big drop simply because the holiday period is over. Did you look at the Japanese charts for this week? Nothing is selling all that well (except for 1st week new releases). What you are doing is saying "oh look, SMG reached SMS sales levels in Japan, and 'suddenly' stopped selling." when in fact it's because the holiday period was over. That would be like me saying "GT5P went from 21k week ending Jan 06 to 8k week ending Jan 13th, it's sold to most of the GT4P crowd already and probably will drop off the face of the earth afterwards." The only difference is that GT5P didn't have far to drop (and it was the best selling PS3 game the big week of Jan 06, and it probably won't reach 1 million in Japan like SMG will.

So people buy games only because of Christmas?

OK, simple question, WHY SMG STOPED selling(like wii sports/wii play) in Japan after it reached SMS Numbers? =)
And you answer, Christmas ended, all games go down. So.. how it`s going to reach 2 mln. in Japan?
Oh, it`s not going? WHY?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

No, no, Stever89, you've got it all wrong. Here's the last few weeks:
895,764 (+08577)
887,187 (+09843)
877,344 (+16463)
860,881 (+17016)

SMS sales in Japan: 869,265

ONOZE SMG sales dropped in half once it hit SMS lifetime sales in Japan! Trufax.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

CrazzyMan said:
So people buy games only because of Christmas?

And you answer, Christmas ended, all games go down. So.. how it`s going to reach 2 mln. in Japan?
Oh, it`s not going? WHY?

Well more games sell during Christmas. I hope we can agree on that, because if we can't... then there's nothing I can say.

The simple answer to your simple question is that SMG reaching SMS numbers in Japan just so happened to coincide with the ending of the holiday season. And so what if it's dropped down to 8k a week? Even at 8k a week, it'll sell another 300k this year. That's way more than the SMS Japan jumbers.

And I'd also like to see where I said it was going to sell 2 million in Japan.

And finally, I still don't see where this is going. So what if Mario only sells a million in Japan? That's not bad at all. See this list. Only 20 or so games have sold better than SMG on the PS2. So I don't see how that's bad? Especially since it's close to beating Kingdom Hearts and GT4. And the Wii has a much smaller install base than the PS2 does.

You also evaded my post about SMG selling better in Others than SMS did. Please address that too when you make your fable attempt at a counter argument. 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
No, no, Stever89, you've got it all wrong. Here's the last few weeks:
895,764 (+08577)
887,187 (+09843)
877,344 (+16463)
860,881 (+17016)

SMS sales in Japan: 869,265

ONOZE SMG sales dropped in half once it hit SMS lifetime sales in Japan! Trufax.

My point was that the dropped happened after the holiday period ended. Going from 17k-8k is not as bad as the drop that happened after Christmas, which was from 72k to 17k or something like that.

Though you are just being sarcastic. It's always nice for someone to support Crazzy though.

Your logic is totaly insane and I just can´t belive that there still are some people trying to explain it to you when clearly you aren´t mentally ready to understand simple logic and the difference between truth and what you percive the truth to be.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

What if crazy is "mentally ill"? We would all feel like dickheads..

MynameisGARY

in 3 months SMG has sold double any ps3 game ever made

I dont get what Crazy is trying to say lol

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
What if crazy is "mentally ill"? We would all feel like dickheads..

I never said he was mentaly ill, I just suggested that he hasn´t the mentall capability to understand what has been said to disprove his theories.

That´s the only conclusion i can come too since he is still rambling the same thing even though there is plenty of evidence that shows the opposite.

But if you asked me if he is mentaly ill then the answer might be different from my statement but it would still only be an oppinion.

Hopefully i haven´t crossed any rules by this statement as I don´t wish to be banned but if I have then f ck it and ban me.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.