By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

ok, if we're just talking japan, Wii Fit and Wii sports are doing #1 and #5 in Japan, and they've been around for months now. Wii sports counts in japan because its not bundled.

I guess there are just so many Fitboys out there, eh?

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:

If SMS did 6 mln., then with SMG making 7 mln. Wouldn`t that mean, that 85% of wii owners are mario/nintendo fans?

Everything else aside, this is just wrong. 6 million SMS on 21 million GC = 28% of GC owners are "Mariofans." 5.54 million SMG on 21 million Wii owners = 26% of Wii owners are "Mariofans." The Wii would have to stop selling today basically for SMG to get the same attach rate, and I don't even know where you are getting the 85% of Wii owners are Mario/Nintendo fans. If that were the case then SMS should have sold 17 million units.

Your thread fails.

/thread 

I think one part is true. In order to own a Wii, you'd have to be a Nintendo Fan by definition. If someone hates Nintendo, then they probably won't get a wii .

So 100% of WII OWNERS ARE NINTENDOFANS DUN DUN DUN =) =) =) =)))))00zerozero))zero

The shark has returned for more failure, since mario galaxy will be in the top 10 WW this week.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

By this definition, I'm a James Bond boy, that actually sounds kind of cool.

I don't think 100 % of Wii owners are Nintendo Fanboys, I'm sure there are people who bought the Wii but didn't like it.

It is at least better than the people who buy Ps3 to burn it, but finds out the darn thing won't burn up, and that is keeps eating your money.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

So you looked at SMG sales and being that it peaked at ~ 1 million in Japan, that it doesn't have legs anymore and Wii sales would then plateau.

Then when we looked at MGS2 Sales in Japan, where that figure peaked at ~ 1 million (for all intents and purposes), and you respond with DIFFERENT REGIONS, DIFFERENT TASTES.

Do well its either one way or another, isn't it? =))

I just patiently will wait, till SMG sales will went down below 10k in usa and europe. =)
Then we will continue about how "great" SMG is. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

L M A O at Crazzy man.

SMG is great.

Once again you fail

I guess a 9.7 average out of 60 press ratings isnt "great".

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

LOL @ weezy,

NOT enough great, that casual NON-GAMERS would BUY it, ATLEAST in Japan, FOR NOW.... =))))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
I just patiently will wait, till SMG sales will went down below 10k in usa and europe. =)
Then we will continue about how "great" SMG is. =))

The game has already sold 5.6 million, so I don't think we need to discuss how "great" it is, whether you think it sucks or not. That's an opinion. DIFFERENT REGIONS, DIFFERENT TASTES, right? Also, it's selling around 75k average in NA and 55k average in Others over the past few weeks, so it's going to take a while for it to get to 10k, so it's going to be awhile before we can "continue", and it'll probably be one of the best selling games this generation by then. I think it'll average 40k or so this entire year in NA and Others. Japan will probably drop to 5k average through the rest of the year.

End of year totals: 10 million give or take .5 million.