By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

@Stever89, what BIG BRAND games PS3 had? =)))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
@Stever89, what BIG BRAND games PS3 had? =)))
 Well, not including the actual PS3 games that passed the million mark...

I heard Lair, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank were suppose to be good, and I believe that the last game has had some previous interations, some that sold nearly 3 million, which is pretty good. I could probably find more, except I didn't play any PS2 games, and I don't know any PS3 games that have come out. Somebody else will have to help me on that.

don't forget the storm.

MOTORSTORM.

And Madden. And Guitar Hero. And Rock Band. And Resistance: Fall of Man. And Devil May Cry 4.

Those are brand names too.

That Guy said:
don't forget the storm.

MOTORSTORM.

And Madden. And Guitar Hero. And Rock Band. And Resistance: Fall of Man.

Those are brand names too.

reminds me of Kwaad =D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

i can't believe I'm saying this, but I do miss kwaad.

and you do bring up side point, Crazzyman.

We've gone through TWO HOLIDAY SEASONS. If your system doesn't have what you call a "brand name" certified AAA system seller with a crazy attach rate, then something is awry. Holiday season 2006 was launch time, so you need big titles for that. But I'll give 2006 a pass since Christmas was only like 1 month after its launch.  But there's no excuse if you don't have anything big on time for Holiday 2007.

Around the Network
That Guy said:
i can't believe I'm saying this, but I do miss kwaad.

Motorstorm and Resistance sold more than the million though, and I was looking for games that sold less WW than SSBB sold in it's first week in Japan. Those others are decent examples, though they aren't the big name "brandnames" that I was looking for. Devil May Cry is a good one, but it has historically not sold that many.

Also, both Motorstorm was bundled, and we can't count bundled games, even if they sold some unbundled, because then we'd have to count WiiSports Japan numbers, which has sold more than every PS3 game WW anyway.

@That Guy, PS3 will only in 2008 will have 2nd year LIFE Christmas.
And by THAT time it will HAVE MGS4, GTA4, FFXIII, GT5.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
@That Guy, PS3 will only in 2008 will have 2nd year LIFE Christmas.
And by THAT time it will HAVE MGS4, GTA4, FFXIII, GT5.

What he was saying is that it will be take THREE Christmas seasons for the Ps3 to have an excellent line-up. From a retail standpoint that is unforgivable for a very simple reason: most sales happen at Christmas. If you don't put your best effort in during that time- you are just kinda punting.

ummmm.. maybe I shouldn't use an American football term. any thing like it in soccer? 

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

A game is a success if its a million seller over the lifetime of a system. FF will probably sell a buttload of games. Mario has and will continue to sell a buttload of games too.

anyways; I don't know how selling OVER 1 MILLION GAMES WITHIN ONE WEEK is a bad thing. I guess bad if you were expecting 2 MILLION GAMES WITHIN ONE WEEK; but if your only issue is that you only sold one million in a week instead of 2 million, then that's a pretty good problem to have.

I don't know why we're making such a big deal out of this. And then to say that sales will drop off? Well duh, if a game like SMG sold 1 million games a month, then it would be at like almost 6 million units sold by now (errrr whups... bad example). But of course there's going to be a dropoff. It would be absolutely insane to think that a game can continue at a pace of 1 million per month.

What would be an interesting study is 1st month sales vs. lifetime sales and the percentage of the lifetime sales comes from the 1st month.