By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

CrazzyMan said:
@Fastrabbit09, i can`t make any bets till SMG reach SMS numbers in USA. Then i will consider your offer.
And i expect LTD SMG sales to pass 7 mln.

ah, so you don't really believe that SMG's sales are in a downward spiral nor do you believe that all 'marioboys' have already bought SMG and Wii

otherwise you would have no problem feeling confident that SMG can't sell 2 million in those few weeks over a year after release...

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

Every Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. has new kinds of gameplay as well. So, according to you, continuing a story makes a series repetitive?
BUT SAME CHARACTERS! Pretty SAME/similar WORLD.

@Fastrabbit09, ALL marioboys bought SMG + also some NEW people bough that "GREAT" game.

2 mln. in december 2008 + since black friday? =))))))))
i will think even more, after SMG reach SMS usa numbers. =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I agree, Nintendo's series have the same main characters all the time but lately, they have been good at including new additions (Midna, Wolf Link, Rosalina)

Pretty same/similar world?

So a castle is pretty much the same as a galaxy? Or an tropical island?

And Wind Waker, is that gone? Really, TP is the same place all over again, and even that was slightly changed, but let's not get into that, I agree, it is pretty much the same.

I haven't played Metroid 1/2, but I believe 3 was set in a fairly different place.

Also, I think some people like being the same guy all over again. I feel kind of sad when I know that the game is over, person (insert name) is gone.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Crazzyman is just venting his frustration that everyone isn't on his bandwagon. Not only is it maddening to see the Wii succeed, but games he's never played (and thinks are the same) are the best selling on it.

CrazzyMan, you definitely deserve the "most irrational poster of the month" award.
Stop trying to change others' opinions with your own opinion.

Around the Network

I guess you didnt see my post crazzyman, here it is again refute this... (thing is I dont really think my word is gospel as you do)

Hey guys... but only marioboys buy mario games how can that statement not be true you have to give the man some credit.... so going by his "logic?"

Super Mario Bros 3 sold over 17 million copies... so there, super mario galaxy will sell that.... thanks crazzyman for enlightening us. The bare minimun would be 11 million because of mario64... but seeing as user base impacts the ownership of mario

62 million nes 17 million mario 3.... 27%
50 million Snes 20 million mario world... 40% (but some copies of mario world were bundled even though not all of them as I myself bought it as a separate game...)
32 million n64 11 million mario 64... 34%
21 million GCN 6 million Mario sshine... 28%

80 million Wii (bare minimun for wii even though i think it will go over 110 million)
with a bare minimun of 27% by this "logic" of mine And We give 21 million copies of super mario galaxy...

There, this is going by that logic of crazzyman But you know since im a nice guy i will concede 7% of attach ratio (even though mario in a consolehas never been under 27) and we end up with a nice round number of 16 million;)

Madden has new stuff too. NEW Characters, NEW stuff to do, etc etc. How can I EVER get tired of that?

This is hilarious!

I'll go get some more popcorn, brb. ;D

This keep this thread alive until SMG reaches 8 million

Also, lets take in to account that the audience for Super Mario World and SM64 are completely different than SMG today.

A good 6 or 7 years has past between mario incarnations, SM64 and SMS and then another 4 years or so to get to SMG. If there were 5 million Wiiboys back the, they sure have grown up to be Wii-men. 

So lets say there were 17 million SMB3boys out there. Now they should be Wii-Men and we can assume that there are some Wii-Boys out there that have never played a SM game before SM64. (or even SMS if young enough). That means 17 million + another 5 million or so should be ~ 22 Wiiboys out to buy SMG.  I know the numbers are all a little off, but you know what I'm getting at right?

If the old generation of Marioboys buys SMG along with the new generation of Marioboys, the potential for SMG should be WAY MORE than just 5 million. If all marioboys bought SMG, then the number should be at least 17 million, right (assuming that 5 million Wii-Men bought SMB3 and then went out and bought SMS as well)?

It took 140K this week, and was only beaten by pack-ins and a first week game. That's low selling? 'Cause darn it! Not a single game this gen has sold good!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS