By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The bans in Jaywood's thread are laudable

Icy-Zone said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Icy-Zone said:
Btw I didn't get banned, but instead I received a warning. Either way I don't think I deserved it. Why? Because we were discussing the sale of a year's subscription of live for $34.99, and saying it's "Still too pricey for what's offered. Zero dollars and zero cents would be nice, or dedicated servers for all popular games" shouldn't of warranted any moderation. It was an opinion of the new price. Simple as that. If it were free I would have reconnected my 360 for some online action and commented in the thread "positively."

Yeah and I bet a lot of people without memberships would go to Cosco or Sam's Club if the membership was free. Since there are membership fees for Cosco and Sam's club there are probably lots of people who choose not to pay the fee for membership and go to Safeway instead. I doubt many of them go out of their way to tell people with Cosco and Sam's club memberships that it should be free. All the time. Every time anyone says anything about Cosco or Sam's Club or buying groceries in general.

But for some reason if it's Xbox Live Gold instead of Cosco there are people that can't let a positive comment go unchallenged. All the time. Every time anyone says anything about XBox Live or online gaming in general.

I don't know what that has to do with what I wrote, but I believe you get to buy more groceries for a cheaper price at Cosco. Now you know.

I don't know why you don't know, but I believe you get to play games you can't elswhere like Halo 4 on Xbox Live Gold. Now you know.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
Icy-Zone said:
Btw I didn't get banned, but instead I received a warning. Either way I don't think I deserved it. Why? Because we were discussing the sale of a year's subscription of live for $34.99, and saying it's "Still too pricey for what's offered. Zero dollars and zero cents would be nice, or dedicated servers for all popular games" shouldn't of warranted any moderation. It was an opinion of the new price. Simple as that. If it were free I would have reconnected my 360 for some online action and commented in the thread "positively."

The wasnt point of the OP's thread.

So someone saying "Oh, great deal!!" in that thread doesn't get modded? Apparently my opinion gets moderated while their's is given a pass. Kinda lame to be honest.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

kain_kusanagi said:
Icy-Zone said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Icy-Zone said:

Yeah and I bet a lot of people without memberships would go to Cosco or Sam's Club if the membership was free. Since there are membership fees for Cosco and Sam's club there are probably lots of people who choose not to pay the fee for membership and go to Safeway instead. I doubt many of them go out of their way to tell people with Cosco and Sam's club memberships that it should be free. All the time. Every time anyone says anything about Cosco or Sam's Club or buying groceries in general.

But for some reason if it's Xbox Live Gold instead of Cosco there are people that can't let a positive comment go unchallenged. All the time. Every time anyone says anything about XBox Live or online gaming in general.

I don't know what that has to do with what I wrote, but I believe you get to buy more groceries for a cheaper price at Cosco. Now you know.

I don't know why you don't know, but I believe you get to play games you can't elswhere like Halo 4 on Xbox Live Gold. Now you know.

Never played Halo 4 before. What am I missing other games can't supply?

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Icy-Zone said:
Nsanity said:
Icy-Zone said:

The wasnt point of the OP's thread.

So someone saying "Oh, great deal!!" in that thread doesn't get modded? Apparently my opinion gets moderated while their's is given a pass. Kinda lame to be honest.

Opinions may differ on this a lot, but your comment CAN be seen as trolling,baiting etc. But that comment cannot be even close to a moderation.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

Unfortunately we've been shown that common sense doesn't prevail. If rules are to be the prevailing factor in coming to moderation decisions, then either lighten the rules or stick to the ones you have.

I would greatly prefer a common sense law, you have no idea.

Yes, common sense doesn't prevail, that's why what you are planning to do is dangerous. I am not talking about common sense when it comes to rule enforcement, but rather common sense among the average user. You aren't thinking ahead. If you are going to report every little thing from now on and call for more bans, then you can bet that someone else will as well. Things will ultimately escalate, because the level of maturity on the internet is low. You will see more attempts to bait other users into bans and unless the moderators go into zero tolerance mode, there will always be a gray zone that some users will try to abuse to get away with the baiting.

It seems you have forgotten everything I told you when you got banned for calling VicViper a jerk. Revenge is the wrong way. Requesting a warning for Carl is the wrong thing to do.

Mind you, it's fine to report users who clearly step over the line, but you are clearly displaying that you want to go farther than that. It won't end well.

I don't know what you want me to do Rol. Something needs to be done, and the mod team is holding extremely firmly that everything is functioning properly.

You say I'm escalating? What do you think brought me here in the first place? I don't report. Maybe once a month. Or a very clear violation. Now we're seeing bans left and right for minor infractions. I want something done, and this is the only thing that makes sense to me. You have a better solution? Be my guest and offer it.

Around the Network
Icy-Zone said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Icy-Zone said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Icy-Zone said:

I would describe Halo 4 as very Haloy. It's probably the most Halo filled game around. For example COD and Killzone don't have any haloness that I am aware of. It's probably why people are willing to pay the small entry fee to play Halo 4 and the other Halo games online. You just can't get that level of haloage anywhere else.

There isn't any killzoness on Xbox and you can't get haloness on Playstation. Games within the same genre can't supply the same experiences of each other.

Icy-Zone said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Icy-Zone said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Icy-Zone said:

Other than its story universe and its multiplayer, not much.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

I don't know what you want me to do Rol. Something needs to be done, and the mod team is holding extremely firmly that everything is functioning properly.

You say I'm escalating? What do you think brought me here in the first place? I don't report. Maybe once a month. Or a very clear violation. Now we're seeing bans left and right for minor infractions. I want something done, and this is the only thing that makes sense to me. You have a better solution? Be my guest and offer it.

I want you to live up to your post count and the same goes for pezus. You guys shouldn't use this incident to talk about what kind of stuff you are going to get other people banned for.

What happened is that a bunch of Sony fans couldn't shut their mouths and had to comment in a thread they had no interest in aside from trying to rile up Xbox owners. They got banned, because they are repeat offenders. The only special thing about this incident is that so many Sony fans did the same thing in the same thread. It's not that the moderators suddenly switched into overdrive.

I don't know what kind of solution I should offer when there's really not much of a problem to begin with. Well, I can tell you one thing. If you really have an issue with how a specific part of the rules is enforced or how something is handled, you can send a PM to all moderators at once and make a case. It's certainly better than a call to arms in public.

I don't believe there is any argument I could make to sway the mods. Even Axum says he supports what I'm doing, signalling the very likely intransigence I'd find on that route.

But it's like I said earlier, the report button doesn't work for me, but it seems to work for others just fine. Like I said, I really only report blatant ones but nothing ever happens. I think that is my biggest beef at the moment, and why I want to do this.

kain_kusanagi said:
Icy-Zone said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Icy-Zone said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Icy-Zone said:

I would describe Halo 4 as very Haloy. It's probably the most Halo filled game around. For example COD and Killzone don't have any haloness that I am aware of. It's probably why people are willing to pay the small entry fee to play Halo 4 and the other Halo games online. You just can't get that level of haloage anywhere else.

There isn't any killzoness on Xbox and you can't get haloness on Playstation. Games within the same genre can't supply the same experiences of each other.

LMAO this comment made my night haha

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

I want you to live up to your post count and the same goes for pezus. You guys shouldn't use this incident to talk about what kind of stuff you are going to get other people banned for.

What happened is that a bunch of Sony fans couldn't shut their mouths and had to comment in a thread they had no interest in aside from trying to rile up Xbox owners. They got banned, because they are repeat offenders. The only special thing about this incident is that so many Sony fans did the same thing in the same thread. It's not that the moderators suddenly switched into overdrive.

I don't know what kind of solution I should offer when there's really not much of a problem to begin with. Well, I can tell you one thing. If you really have an issue with how a specific part of the rules is enforced or how something is handled, you can send a PM to all moderators at once and make a case. It's certainly better than a call to arms in public.

Personal opinion but I think you should become a moderator.  You seem to be very but you can also joke and have fun too