By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Seriously sick of the politics threads

@ssj12
I think you mean fusion reactor. All reactors now are fission.

Around the Network
ikilledkenny said:
@ssj12
I think you mean fusion reactor. All reactors now are fission.

.... ya lol, still unlimited energy = free electricity for all.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I'm still processing the nipple whitening cream. Are they like those crest teeth whitening strips or something?

CIHYFS?

BCrayfish said:
I'm still processing the nipple whitening cream. Are they like those crest teeth whitening strips or something?

lol i have no idea but they sound interesting yet useless

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Lingyis said:
quite frankly, i think all those issues pale in comparison to making sure this country gets the cleanest of all energies out there--nuclear power. humans are notoriously at being extremely poor at rating risks, and i just hope whoever get elected starting implementing a real nuclear power program so all this coal and oil dependence can start being alleviated. and because of a whole slew of reasons, nuclear power plants need gov't support to be successful--one reason being that it takes about 10 years to build one, so it needs to get going as soon as possible.

i think most politicians actually understand this, but it's a notoriously unpopular idea that all of them cannot afford to publicly embrace it.

If you mean we should go for fusion power, I'm with you.  If you mean we should build more fission reactors, I'm not.  Fission is not cost-effective compared to other sources of electricity.  The immense cost of building the plant is subsidized, so it's not visible on an electricity bill, but we pay for it through taxes (just like we subsidize oil with taxes).  If we're going to subsidize something, we should subsidize solar, wind, and biofuels.

@Myahon, if you don't like what you're watching, change the channel.

@ssj12, there's no such thing as a free lunch. 

Around the Network

The cost benefit of going nuclear fission as opposed to oil or coal burning far outweighs whatever tax dollars might get spent to help subsidize their construction. Sure, subsidize alternative energy sources too, but don't block the cleanest most efficient way of producing energy we have because the government helps foot the bill a little.

Witty signature here...

Wii: 14 million by January  I sold myself short

360: 13 million by January I sold microsoft short, but not as bad as Nintendo.

PS3: 6 million by January. If it approaches 8 mil i'll eat crow  Mnn Crow is yummy.

With these results, I've determined that I suck at long term predictions, and will not long term predict anything ever again. Thus spaketh Crono.

I wonder when we will develop fusion reactors? I predict 10 years. Anyone care to give out their predictions?

Everyone vote for Ron Paul.

"Weird, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so weird is acceptable to me."

Brawl Code:  1934-0329-3819 Pm me if you added me

Nuclear, solar, wind, microgeneration, whatever! Just for the love of God, please stop cannibalizing the food supply in a massively inefficient attempt to create an ethanol energy industry. The energy return on investment is terrible and there will be another 4 billion hungry mouths on this planet before population peaks.

It's such a dead end policy idea, but it's really popular with people who like to subsidize farmers.

Ethanol generation from waste is still cool, though. :P

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

stranne said:
I wish there was a way to filter threads.

It's called not clicking on them if they don't interest you. Not a difficult concept.