By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Meet the Spartans

weezy said:
Was Naked Gun a parody movie?

That was my favorite type if it is.

yes it was, and is a classic. I like the parody of top gun, hoy shots, with leslie nielsen too. that movie is hilarious

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

But it's not actually a parody movie. That word has been abused lately. Something like Airplane! or Top Secret are parody movies, but movies like Epic Movie, Date movie and Meet the Spartans don't really parody their subject matter as much as they just reference it. In fact most of the time the jokes aren't actually jokes, as the punch line is "it's just like that movie!"

And to me, just throwing in a bunch of site gags that reference other movies isn't worth the hour and a half of my life it takes to watch it.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

FUCK, thanks for the spoiler alert BEN

he he he

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I thought it was stupid... I heard 'The way she move' was a good movie lol.

Go watch No Country for Old Men, Juno, or There Will Be Blood instead.. I can't believe people actually pay to go watch these movies, they're really not that funny..

"Weird, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so weird is acceptable to me."

Brawl Code:  1934-0329-3819 Pm me if you added me

Around the Network

Those are all on my list csir. But I did just see Sweeney Todd. Damn that was a good movie. Enjoyable music as well.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Good way to tell if you're watching a great parody/satirical movie:

Does it have Mel Brooks anywhere in the title/credits?
Yes, and you're good. No, and it's best to go see something else instead.

ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
You know, I actually had some respect for you until I saw this thread. I mean the fact you saw it is bad enough but actually admitting you like it? That's just bad.

oh please, you need cheap laughs sometimes. I've seen most parody movies. Epic Movie (sucked), Scary Movie 1 - 4 (1 and 3 were good other two sucked, and one other.. forget name.. it sucked too....

I also watched both jackass movies (#2 sucked) and enjoy the jackass TV series and Viva LA Bam.

And South park, Family guy, and the Simpson = awesome in every way.

You jsut need to find movies with cheap comedy that is actually funny. Or watch a movie with a ventriloquist, they can be very entertaining to watch if its one of the good ones.

I don't know, I love cheap laughs too and enjoy Family Guy, Southpark (on occasion), and even enjoyed parts of the Jackass Movie (I love the air horn at the golf course thing) but I don't know, movies like Meet the Spartans, Epic Movie, Scarvy Movie...

I guess I just hate parody movies that are full of bad cheap laughs (though I love bad movies like Bio Dome). :-p 

stof said:
Those are all on my list csir. But I did just see Sweeney Todd. Damn that was a good movie. Enjoyable music as well.

That movie was actually a lot better than I thought it would be.  With the exception of Evita, musicals turned movies are so much worse than the original cast versions but they really did a great job with Sweeney Todd.

I don't see the point of seeing any parody movies anymore, unless they make Scary Movie 5. But it should be better then SM4.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits