By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft announce Assassin's Creed 4. but do you care?

Ubisoft has announced Assassin's Creed 4 : Black Flag. but does anyone really care? we have been getting AC games on a yearly basis since 2009 with assassin's creed 2. while every game has failed to reach the level of quality that AC2 offered, the main story of desmond miles keeps getting more and more ridiculous with every instalment. The games keep going further away from its core stealth type of game into a more "action" one. and the setting seem to become less intersting with each game (american revolution? seriously?) 

so my question is does anybody still care about this franchise, does anyone care about Assassin's Creed 4? as a once HUGE fan of Assassin's Creed i find it sad how very very little interested i am in this new game. 

Around the Network

yes

No, because the last AC game I played was the first one. I liked it, but by the time I catch up on the series, AC6 will be out.

Bloody yearly releases.

I have yet to play an Assassins Creed game. Maybe this would be a good starting point.

Trunkin said:
No, because the last AC game I played was the first one. I liked it, but by the time I catch up on the series, AC6 will be out.

Bloody yearly releases.

my advice, just play the second one, its worth it. the rest, well, you can easily ignore them

Around the Network

Nope. I'm experiencing Assassin's Creed fatigue. Before I could wrap my head around one installment another one drops. Annualizing a game like that is just horrible, in my opinion.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

bananaking21 said:
Trunkin said:

Bloody yearly releases.

my advice, just play the second one, its worth it. the rest, well, you can easily ignore them

I would, but what about the plot? I was under the impression that all of the games would progress the overarching storyline somewhat. Should I just Youtube it?

Trunkin said:
bananaking21 said:
Trunkin said:

Bloody yearly releases.

I would, but what about the plot? I was under the impression that all of the games would progress the overarching storyline somewhat. Should I just Youtube it?

The main character from 1 gets mentioned occasionally, but for the most part they're not that related. I played 2 before 1 and it wasn't bad. And I agree nothing is better than 2 in my opinion.

I got done at Brotherhood. The settings are no longer interesting to me. Maybe if they do one in feudal Japan, I'll give it a go because that to me seems like the perfect setting for this series. Ninja assassin anyone?

Trunkin said:
bananaking21 said:
Trunkin said:

Bloody yearly releases.

for the love of god dont. see in 2 this whole overarching story line is just ridiculous, plain and simple ridiculous. its not interesting, its not logical and its extremely stupid. the story of desmond miles is one of the reasons why every AC game after 2 is lacking in quality. if you will be interested in its story you will be interested in ezio's story, which after brotherhood (the one after 2) has a fulfilling ending. AC revelations adds pretty much nothing to ezio's or desmonds story.