Happy 549 70.38%

Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

God of War: Ascension’s Trials of Archimedes “Will Still be Hard on Hard,” Update on PSN Release Hopefully Soon
Google+

March 18, 2013 Written by Jason Dunning

There was a little bit of outcry when Todd Papy announced that a patch was being worked on to make the much maligned Trials of Archimedes easier. If you haven’t listened to it yet, Sebastian goes off a little bit on the matter during this week’s Bad Gamers, but basically the consensus is that if it was made to be hard, it shouldn’t be toned down.

Sony Santa Monica has since clarified the patch details by saying that “the Trials of Archimedes will still be HARD on HARD, we are tweaking primarily for Normal, so to all, you can still have it the HARD WAY.”

As for that elusive PSN download version for God of War: Ascension, SSM mentioned that “we have not officially commented on a digital download release but hope to have an update soon in regards to.” With a release said to possibly be this week, if it is happening, we should know within the next 24 hours or so.

Are you glad that a play through of Ascension on Hard will still feature the extremely difficult Trials of Archimedes, and not an easier one? Let us know in the comments below.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/03/18/god-of-war-ascensions-trials-of-archimedes-will-still-be-hard-on-hard-update-on-psn-release-hopefully-soon/

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

MORE GOOD NEWS! lol I'm getting Destiny just because Bungie is shitting on MSFT forming a good relationship with Sony. :D

Bungie and Sony are friends, and PlayStation gamers will soon reap the benefits

Posted March 18th, 2013 at 17:38 EDT by Kyle Prahl
3 Comments

I'm proud to say my gaming allegiance has lied with PlayStation since Christmas 1998. Still, the multiplayer experience that stands above the rest, that resonates with me more than any other, is Halo 2. Bungie's now-legendary sci-fi FPS was, even more than its predecessor, the ubiquitous multiplayer shooter of the sixth generation. LAN parties and map strategies; sleepless nights and drowsy mornings; my memories of playing Halo 2 with friends are among my most cherished. I expect many of you feel the same; less than two years post-release, 710 million hours had been spent playing Halo 2 online.

I'm not here to wax poetic or sing Xbox praises—we all know who the real king of console gaming is. But recent weeks have brought Bungie, a studio formerly owned by Microsoft, into the PlayStation gamer's consciousness. Destiny, the first game in a planned 10-year narrative arc, will be the first Bungie game on a PlayStation console. The open-world sci-fi shooter, which looks to embrace social gaming in ambitious ways, will offer exclusive content for PlayStation 4 gamers. Bungie even closed Sony's PS4 reveal, a trump card by the latter that surely had Microsoft execs fuming. Yes, seeing Bungie on a Sony stage was surreal, but also incredibly exciting. Whatever your feelings on the studio's former loyalties, Bungie has a lot to offer PlayStation gamers, including...

Innovative Multiplayer

Bungie's Halo series has played host to some of the most popular, insanely fun multiplayer suites the industry has ever seen. It all started with Halo: Combat Evolved, the first game to truly popularize first-person-shooters on a console. Intuitive controls, clever map design, and a host of unique weapons made every match, every kill, and every flag grab an absolute blast. As the series matured, so did its multiplayer component. From Halo 2's adoption of Xbox LIVE to the stunningly ambitious Forge and Theater modes of later installments, Bungie has always put the industry to shame with innovations that spur industry growth and spawn endless imitations. Even the modern map selection screen owes its due to Halo.

Of course, PlayStation is not without its standout multiplayer games. Insomniac brought 80-player matches to PS3 with Resistance 2. Zipper Interactive brought 256-player matches with MAG. LittleBigPlanet 2 brings people together for co-op platforming and astoundingly creative... creation. But in terms of FPS ambition, of competitive advancements in console gaming, Bungie takes the cake. With Destiny, the studio is bringing an impressive pedigree of success—MLG tournaments, ever-shifting playlists, the best in community stat-tracking—to PlayStation, and we stand only to gain.

Meaningful Social Gaming

10 years ago, Bungie created the most engaging social platform the industry had ever seen. While the Halo services of Bungie.net have since been transferred to 343 Industries, an exhaustive feature set brought gamers to Bungie's community portal in droves. And for good reason: what started with lifetime stat-tracking and detailed maps of every kill and death ultimately grew alongside Forge and Theater mode to encompass a wealth of content sharing. Even Call of Duty ELITE and Battlefield Premium can't compare; Bungie.net brought millions of people together around exciting professional tournaments, unique fan content a la “Red vs. Blue”, and a sense of community—true camaraderie and competition—that has yet to be surpassed, or even challenged.

PlayStation exclusives have struggled to find the same integrated support. The earliest years of PlayStation Network were nothing if not disorganized; great strides have been made since, but you'll be hard-pressed to find any community or web service that even approaches Bungie levels of loyalty and longevity. The possibilities for Destiny, when coupled with PS4's 'Share' button and social network, are mind-boggling. Stream live Destiny gameplay to the new Bungie.net. Attract an audience of friends and enemies with your skills. Schedule clan matches on the web, and link directly to your mates and foes via PSN. Display a heatmap of bullet accuracy for friends watching your PS4 stream. Use PS Vita (or your tablet! Or your phone!) to track kill and death locations in real-time for the ultimate second-screen experience. And take all your data—career stats, multiplayer tips, social connections—with you on-the-go. If anyone can make this bright, beautiful future happen on PS4, it's Bungie.

Compelling Science Fiction

Maybe multiplayer isn't for you. That's OK; Bungie has you covered. The Halo universe is widely recognized as one of ... (continued on next page)

(continued from previous page) ...as one of gaming's most compelling sci-fi myths. The lore is extensive; enough to support 12 (!) novels, four comics, two graphic novels, and a short story collection—never mind the critical accolades. But what about Destiny? In fact, Bungie's multiplatform epic may have even more going for it. The staggering scope of the Destiny universe is evident in early concept art, and the IP's ten-year-plan indicates that the storytelling wizards at Bungie have a vision for the journey that millions of players will take. And if you're one of those gamers that finds the best stories fall outside narrative bounds, rest assured: the seamless drop-in, drop-out nature of Destiny's galaxy will mimic thatgamecompany's Journey in its ability to bring people together for incredible, unscripted adventures.

Outstanding Soundtracks

Martin O'Donnell's critically acclaimed work for Halo is instantly recognizable to everyone (Yes, everyone. I looked it up). O'Donnell will return for Destiny as Audio Director and main composer, which means gaming's next generation almost certainly has its first ubiquitous theme song decided. And this time, PlayStation gamers won't feel a pang of jealousy every time they hear it. Tribal drums with orchestral scope and precision, gregorian chants that conjure images of the ancient and unknown; the draw to O'Donnell's work is that every listen reveals something new. You'll almost certainly be humming Destiny's main theme a year from now, but let's not forget the impressive sound design and vocal work that have brought Bungie's sci-fi visions to life. There's every reason to expect the same moving compositions and immersive tones in Destiny.

Passion for Development

I don't mean to suggest that other studios aren't driven in equally passionate ways (here's to you, Naughty Dog), but Bungie certainly brings unique methods and motivations to the development table. A flat position structure allows new staffers and veterans alike to challenge each other's ideas, and Bungie employees are infamously flippant to power struggles and ideas typically held in sacred light. No figure or concept is too good to be torn down. Passionate loyalty fuels fires of self-criticism among employees who are often “recruited from its devoted fanbase.” Intense in-house competition—everything from Halo matches to Pictionary—foster team morale, friendships, and rivalries. This passion will fit nicely alongside Sony's stable of first-party developers—the industry's best. After all, this is the team that pioneered a console genre, that continues to release masterpiece games despite relentless tides of hype and fervent fandom. So what if they don't know what to do with their hands?

-----

Bungie's penchant for innovation, mastery of the sci-fi genre, and legendary multiplayer sensibilities have been sorely missed on Sony platforms. With Destiny, the gaming gods have dealt the PlayStation Nation a good hand. Whether your sights are set squarely on the future, or PS3 is still the apple of your eye, Bungie's next epic is coming your way—and you have every reason to be very, very excited.

For more on Destiny, check out the latest news, images, and videos in our gallery. Then, make your voice heard in the comments below with your thoughts on Bungie's latest. Are you excited to see what all the Bungie fuss is about? Does Destiny look like a tired mess of sci-fi tropes? Sound off!

http://www.psu.com/a018776/Bungie-and-Sony-are-friends-and-PlayStation-gamers-will-soon-reap-the-benefits?page=2

Got my game and headset :D Look forward to playing some multi with you guys soon

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Got my game and headset :D Look forward to playing some multi with you guys soon

Sweet! I'm feeling Hades xD I'll shout you in about 2 weeks when I'm off from school.

Weedlab said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Sweet! I'm feeling Hades xD I'll shout you in about 2 weeks when I'm off from school.

It's a deal :D LOVE the new combat system..so good

@Pezus: hehe won't be long pal..it will be at your doorstep before you know it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

In case anybody doesn't know .... this week's update. I think I'll get that Rocketbirds for Vita.

PS Plus subscribers get The Cave, Tekken 6 free this week

Posted March 18th, 2013 at 18:02 EDT by Adam Dolge
0 Comments

It seems every week PlayStation Plus subscribers get a delightful deal as Sony Computer Entertainment America posts its weekly update. This week is no different as Plus subscribers can pick up a free copy of the adventure game from Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion creator Ron Gilbert, The Cave, and the classic PSP game Tekken 6, which plays on PS Vita.

There are a bunch of great discounts and be sure to take advantage of the $10 for every $50 promotion, which expires at the end of the month. Pick up a one year PS Plus membership for $49.99 and you will get a $10 voucher on or around April 12.

Below is the full update coming March 19.

The Cave (PS3)
PSN Price: $14.99, Free for PS Plus members
"The Cave is a new adventure game from Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion creator Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine Productions. Assemble your team of three from seven unlikely adventurers, each with their own unique personalities and stories, then descend into the mysterious depths to explore locations including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready-to-launch nuclear tipped ICBM. The Cave awaits."

Tekken 6 (PSP, Supported on PS Vita)
PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members
"Armed with the largest character roster ever in TEKKEN history, a robust single player game experience, countless mutiplayer and online options, and an addictive character customization system, the greatest fighting game franchise soars is here for PS Vita and PSP owners to add to their Instant Game Collection!"

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
40% Discount for PS Plus members
"Set out on a mission to assassinate the totalitarian penguin leader as Hardboiled Chicken. Destroy enemies with a slew of weapons and illuminate the secrets to his past while uncovering the real enemies of Albatropolis. Master fowl play in the co-op campaign as a pair of Budgie commandos on a mission to save the general’s daughter. Many lives will be destroyed, countless penguins will die!"

PS3 Version (PSN Price: $11.99; PS Plus Price: $7.19)
PS Vita Version (PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $5.99)

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Course and Character Pack
25% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $11.99; PS Plus Price: $8.99)
"Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational is an incredibly fun and accessible golf experience on PS Vita. If you already have the game, here’s your chance to download all 3x characters (Erika, Gloria, & Kat) and 3x courses (Mt. Sakura, Northern Fox, & Mar Cielo). If you don’t have the game, you can add it to your download list here; then hop on this great deal for even more content. Read more about these Add-ons from the PS Blog’s post last week as well."

Last Chance (Leaving on 3/26)

Instant Game Collection
Plants vs. Zombies (PS3 PS Vita)
Discounts
Scott Pilgrim Ultimate Edition
Scott Pilgrim Online Multiplayer + Wallace Pack

http://www.psu.com/a018778/PS-Plus-subscribers-get-The-Cave-Tekken-6-free-this-week

If anybody in the US is interested Best Buy has ACIII and Far Cry 3 for 30 USD.

Bishock impressions! Saw it earlier but didn't bother to post it, but then I remembered some of us have interest in this game. I hope the PS3 version will be fine though. Seems like the 360 ver has some issues. I'll bold below. If anything I'll adopt a wait and see approach and if it isn't up to mark after a patch I'll get it on PC.

BioShock Infinite Review in Progress
Welcome to the City in the Sky.
by Ryan McCaffrey
March 18, 2013

Editor’s Note: Our exclusive review of BioShock Infinite will be published this Thursday evening, March 21 at 9pm Pacific/12am Eastern Time. Until then, keep checking back with IGN every day for more exclusive BioShock Infinite content during BioShock Week! It’s a lot like Shark Week, except the sharks are clouds.

Is there always going to be a lighthouse?

In BioShock Infinite’s opening moments, your dashing but dark-sided hero Booker DeWitt is in a rowboat. Two mysterious rain-slick-wearing folks – a man and a woman – are paddling you out to a lighthouse in the midst of a terrible rainstorm. The pair are talking about you as if you’re not even there, dropping you off at the dock, leaving you to wonder how or if you’ll ever return.

“Bring us the girl,” you’ve been told, “and wipe away the debt.”

Before long – it’s best to discover for yourself exactly how – you’ve made your way up to Columbia, BioShock Infinite’s floating sky-city, in search of Elizabeth (aka “the girl”). The year is 1912, and once there, you’re left to find the answers to both the riddles you’ve already been presented with as well as myriad new ones that will no doubt be falling into your lap as Booker begins to wrap his mind around the fact that every step he takes is another walk in the clouds.

It quickly becomes clear when you start playing Infinite that Columbia is both exactly the same as the original’s underwater utopia of Rapture, yet simultaneously completely different. One is underwater; claustrophobic. The other is endless; the sky is literally the limit. Both are utopias – idealistic clusters of humanity – with cracks beginning to show through beneath the magnificent facades.

Take the time to soak in the sights.

On that note, however, let me warn you console players up front: unlike its jaw-dropping-in-2007 predecessor (I’m not counting BioShock 2 here, as that wasn’t our first trip to Rapture), BioShock Infinite does not have the same technical wow-factor going for it. Yes, Columbia is stunning from a scale, scope, and art-direction perspective, but on a raw graphical level it is a bit underwhelming on the Xbox 360 version I’m starting with. Textures are muddy and low-resolution and the framerate takes regular slight-but-noticeable dips. It reminds me of the console version of Dishonored in that way.

Do these minor issues take away from your experience at all? No, but I’m very curious to check out the PC version during the course of my review. Presuming you throw a beefy enough rig at Infinite, the ol’ mouse-and-keyboard may prove to be the best way to explore Columbia, particularly since, with no multiplayer modes, you don’t have to worry about choosing your platform based on which network your friends will be playing on.

Regardless of what dumb terminal you use to experience Infinite, though, your curiosity will consistently lead you forward. Columbia is such a spectacularly realized place – at least in its first impression – that you can’t help but be compelled to learn more. Take the Vigors, for instance. You know them as Plasmids from BioShock 1, but how will the new set fare? Where is Elizabeth? Why is she so special? Who is Zachary Comstock, known to the people of Columbia as “The Prophet”? When is the big mind-blowing twist that I’m expecting from a Ken Levine-directed game going to drop on me like an anvil?

Digging into the early hours of Infinite – I spent a good two hours first walking wide-eyed around the town plaza and then the fair like a kid wandering around Disneyland for the first time – is a treat. The color palette is vibrant in a way that’s the polar opposite of Rapture, yet equally effective at convincing you that the place you’re in – here, a city atop the clouds – is a real, believable world. And the moment you get the Skyhook is just…stunning. You’ll see why. I’ll explain everything in the full IGN review of BioShock Infinite, which publishes this Thursday, March 21 at 9pm Pacific/12am Eastern. Would you kindly stop by?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/18/bioshock-infinite-review-in-progress

For anybody interested (North America) Saint's Row the Third is at Best Buy for 10 USD and Darksiders 2 is for 15 USD. I got the latter there for the same price about 3 weeks ago. I have not started yet because I have a mega back log, but I buy shit when I see deals. :D

pezus said:
Weedlab said:

Bishock impressions! Saw it earlier but didn't bother to post it, but then I remembered some of us have interest in this game. I hope the PS3 version will be fine though. Seems like the 360 ver has some issues. I'll bold below. If anything I'll adopt a wait and see approach and if it isn't up to mark after a patch I'll get it on PC.

Yeah, I'm definitely getting it on PC. It's another Unreal Engine 3 game...can't be good

Ah crap lol I was wondering what engine it was running on. Norally UE3 has a signiture look that's easy to pick up, but I guess the art style threw me off. PC it is. :/ No wonder they kept delaying it.