Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:

Dude I have been waiting for that game for too damn long lol. Yeah I would be pretty happy if it was exclusive. Perhaps that is selfish of me? But whatever,  it would really help sell some PS4's.

Sometimes you have to be selfish, especially with great games. I can't imagine how MGS4 would have been if it was a multiplat game from the start. Sure Hideo is a genius and it would have been great still, but I'm sure there would have been sacrifices. Likewise, what devs keep saying about PS4 exclusives as opposed to multiplat games has me VERY excited, especially after seeing PS3 exclusives vs non exclusive stuff. But while I'd like to see the game's potential realized as an exclusive, the business side of things matter a lot. If the rumor is true that's a HUGE budget, so I'll definitely do my part and get it day one. Heck I'll throw up avatars and promote the game too. :D

I'd certainly be all over that day. Whatever collectors addition is available too. I know devs are praising the PS4 nonstop, but what are the devs saying about PS4 exclusives? I havn't heard anything about that.

Well some devs were saying based on how Sony designed the system, not only is it easy to develop for, but it will be really easy for exclusies to shine and they expect it to have the best looking/performing exclusives again. The guy said they'll be able to tap the system in ways you can't for multiplat games, so he said he can't wait to see what Naughty Dog and SSM will do with it. So it's basically going to be like the PS3 (power), but more efficient and easier to work with. HYPE! lol If FFXIII Versus is an exclusive Square Enix will have my money on day 1.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:

Dude I have been waiting for that game for too damn long lol. Yeah I would be pretty happy if it was exclusive. Perhaps that is selfish of me? But whatever,  it would really help sell some PS4's.

Sometimes you have to be selfish, especially with great games. I can't imagine how MGS4 would have been if it was a multiplat game from the start. Sure Hideo is a genius and it would have been great still, but I'm sure there would have been sacrifices. Likewise, what devs keep saying about PS4 exclusives as opposed to multiplat games has me VERY excited, especially after seeing PS3 exclusives vs non exclusive stuff. But while I'd like to see the game's potential realized as an exclusive, the business side of things matter a lot. If the rumor is true that's a HUGE budget, so I'll definitely do my part and get it day one. Heck I'll throw up avatars and promote the game too. :D

I'd certainly be all over that day. Whatever collectors addition is available too. I know devs are praising the PS4 nonstop, but what are the devs saying about PS4 exclusives? I havn't heard anything about that.

Well some devs were saying based on how Sony designed the system, not only is it easy to develop for, but it will be really easy for exclusies to shine and they expect it to have the best looking/performing exclusives again. The guy said they'll be able to tap the system in ways you can't for multiplat games, so he said he can't wait to see what Naughty Dog and SSM will do with it. So it's basically going to be like the PS3 (power), but more efficient and easier to work with. HYPE! lol If FFXIII Versus is an exclusive Square Enix will have my money on day 1.

Oh gotcha. Yeah Sonys 1st party really did some amazing things despite the difficulty with the PS3's architecture. Now that they will have an easier time developing it could (and will, surely) yield some fantastic things.

UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:

Oh gotcha. Yeah Sonys 1st party really did some amazing things despite the difficulty with the PS3's architecture. Now that they will have an easier time developing it could (and will, surely) yield some fantastic things.

Yea that's true. I'm going to get Square's games day 1 man. KH1.5, FFX and this new FF game if it is exclusive to PS4. The fact that KH 1.5 is only being rereleased on PS3 is very telling, and so is FFX too (well Vita has it too). It could be like Capcom and Dark Stalkers, testing the waters to see what the level of interest would be like before committing to a new entry in the series. MGS4 proved that third party exclusives can work for a console – even early in its life. Plus when there’s not many software options people tend to go for the big titles with ease. All they have to do is ensure the game is great and promote it, and I’m sure it will be a hit on PS4.

Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:

Yea that's true. I'm going to get Square's games day 1 man. KH1.5, FFX and this new FF game if it is exclusive to PS4. The fact that KH 1.5 is only being rereleased on PS3 is very telling, and so is FFX too (well Vita has it too). It could be like Capcom and Dark Stalkers, testing the waters to see what the level of interest would be like before committing to a new entry in the series. MGS4 proved that third party exclusives can work for a console – even early in its life. Plus when there’s not many software options people tend to go for the big titles with ease. All they have to do is ensure the game is great and promote it, and I’m sure it will be a hit on PS4.

I feel ya. If I remember correctly Square admitted that the FF brand name was damaged by XIII and XIV (or maybey just XIV), which is why they are trying to hard to make XIV 2.0 much better. I think Square knows they have to really wow people with this game as, without trying to sound too dramatic, their reputation depends on it. Yeah I have no doubts it would sell well on PS4 :D

UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:

I feel ya. If I remember correctly Square admitted that the FF brand name was damaged by XIII and XIV (or maybey just XIV), which is why they are trying to hard to make XIV 2.0 much better. I think Square knows they have to really wow people with this game as, without trying to sound too dramatic, their reputation depends on it. Yeah I have no doubts it would sell well on PS4 :D

That’s definitely true man. The last FF game I bought was FFXII …. Well no, I bought FFIV complete for PSP 2 weeks ago lol But you get my point. xD They really need to hit a home run with this one. I was hoping Tomb Raider was going to be a hit, and it seems to be doing well so I’m glad because their last few games sold only okay (Sleeping Dogs and Hitman Absolution). But Western stuff aside they need to have the Eastern stuff doing well too. Right now I’m looking forward to the Legacy of Kain reboot and FF PS4.

Yea, I think the mistakes they made in the first two XIII games will pay them dividends because of feedback, so I hope they learned from them and employed whatever changes they needed to make in versus. I won’t be surprised if that’s part of the reason for the delay.

Are you going to try 14 later? I'm considering that and Phantasy Star for Vita, but I never tried MMOs before so I don't know what to expect.

Around the Network
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:

That’s definitely true man. The last FF game I bought was FFXII …. Well no, I bought FFIV complete for PSP 2 weeks ago lol But you get my point. xD They really need to hit a home run with this one. I was hoping Tomb Raider was going to be a hit, and it seems to be doing well so I’m glad because their last few games sold only okay (Sleeping Dogs and Hitman Absolution). But Western stuff aside they need to have the Eastern stuff doing well too. Right now I’m looking forward to the Legacy of Kain and FF PS4.

Yea, I think the mistakes the made in the first two XIII games will pay them dividends because of feedback, so I hope they learned from them and employed whatever changes they needed to make in versus. I won’t be surprised if that’s part of the reason for the delay.

Are you going to try 14 later? I'm considering that and Phantasy Star for Vita, but I never tried MMOs before so I don't know what to expect.

Not a fan of subscription fee's so i'm not sure. If I had a Vita (will get one eventurally x_X) I would totally get Phantasy Star. Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2 for the PSP were fantastic games. Tons of character custimazation with a really fun battle system and multiplayer componenents. I havn't looked into this one as much simply because I don't have a Vita though I know it will be for PC as well, but the last two psp games were awesome so i'd definitely look into it if I had a Vita.

MMO's can be extremely addicting. They can also be terribly grindy and feel like a second job, it totally depends on the game itself.

UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:

That’s definitely true man. The last FF game I bought was FFXII …. Well no, I bought FFIV complete for PSP 2 weeks ago lol But you get my point. xD They really need to hit a home run with this one. I was hoping Tomb Raider was going to be a hit, and it seems to be doing well so I’m glad because their last few games sold only okay (Sleeping Dogs and Hitman Absolution). But Western stuff aside they need to have the Eastern stuff doing well too. Right now I’m looking forward to the Legacy of Kain and FF PS4.

Yea, I think the mistakes the made in the first two XIII games will pay them dividends because of feedback, so I hope they learned from them and employed whatever changes they needed to make in versus. I won’t be surprised if that’s part of the reason for the delay.

Not a fan of subscription fee's so i'm not sure. If I had a Vita (will get one eventurally x_X) I would totally get Phantasy Star. Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2 for the PSP were fantastic games. Tons of character custimazation with a really fun battle system and multiplayer componenents. I havn't looked into this one as much simply because I don't have a Vita though I know it will be for PC as well, but the last two psp games were awesome so i'd definitely look into it if I had a Vita.

MMO's can be extremely addicting. They can also be terribly grindy and feel like a second job, it totally depends on the game itself.

Awww ... well fuck that then. I already have school and a crazy girlfriend, so that's 2 jobs already. I don't need more things to stress me out. xD I'll stick to single player games lol

Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:

Awww ... well fuck that then. I already have school and a crazy girlfriend, so that's 2 jobs already. I don't need more things to stress me out. xD I'll stick to single player games lol

Haha well like I said they vary from game to game. I really know nothing about Phantasy Star Online 2 so i'd at least look into it if you are interested.

Bleh..now i'm going to be disappointed if we don't hear anything about Versus at E3 -_-

UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:

Haha well like I said they vary from game to game. I really know nothing about Phantasy Star Online 2 so i'd at least look into it if you are interested.

Bleh..now i'm going to be disappointed if we don't hear anything about Versus at E3 -_-

Well they did say we should be excited for E3. :D I don't think they'll raise our hopes and crap on them just like that, again. But I'm managing my expectations at the same time. Well it would either be a new FF or Versus, either way I'll be looking forward to it. It would suck if they don't show anything after so long though. :/

I'll look into PSO2 later. For now Soul Sacrifice will occupy my mind till it releases next month. But PSO2 looks smexy.

Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:
UnitSmiley said:
Weedlab said:

Well they did say we should be excited for E3. :D I don't think they'll raise our hopes and crap on them just like that, again. But I'm managing my expectations at the same time. Well it would either be a new FF or Versus, either way I'll be looking forward to it. It would suck if they don't show anything after so long though. :/

I'll look into PSO2 later. For now Soul Sacrifice will occupy my mind till it releases next month. But PSO2 looks smexy.

Keyword "again" lol.

Square at E3: Please be excited for Tokyo Game Show